Challenge

Folie à DEUX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You don’t have to unnie—”

“It seems like you have a plan in mind. Let’s hear it.” Seulgi said, cutting off Yerim. She went and huddled with them by the clubroom’s table.

“Are you sure?” Yerim was dumbfounded; Seulgi was adamant in not helping before but now… she seemed to be adamant to do the opposite.

“Yeah.” Seulgi answered.

Yerim looked at Joohyun and she just shrugged. No one knows what the hell is going on within Seulgi’s mind after all.

Yerim tried to look for any sign of hesitation within Seulgi’s eyes, but there was nothing other than determination. To what? She has absolutely no idea.

“Let’s hear it, Yerim-ah.”

Seulgi repeated and Yerim felt the sincerity in her voice. She sighed in defeat.

 

 

 

Yerim told them to wait until she gets a response from her aunt. Once she did, they gathered them again.

Yerim looked at Seulgi and Joohyun’s eyes, one anticipating and one determined. She took a deep sigh.

“Here’s how we can help Seungwan-unnie.” Yerim started.

Joohyun and Seulgi waited in nervousness.

“I told you, Joohyun-unnie, that you have a special trait, right?” Yerim asked.

Joohyun nodded.

“What trait?” Seulgi asked curiously.

“Besides from her, able to see spirits. She has this aura that kind of attract spirits to her.” Yerim explained.

Seulgi nodded, prompting for Yerim to continue. “And?”

Yerim huffed. “That’s because spirits tend to get attracted to those people who has a strong tendency to be a vessel—and unnie hearing and seeing spirits is a sign that she could be a good one. That’s why, to help Seungwan-unnie, we have to talk to the spirit on her shoulders—if we can.” She paused. “Our last resort would be Joohyun-unnie’s trait—we will use her body so that the spirit can use it as its vessel, to properly communicate with us of its last wish.”

Joohyun gulped in nervousness. Her being scared is an understatement because she’s ing scared right now. Although her being a vessel is their last resort, they still need to talk to this spirit and she knows it won’t be something like a walk in the park thing.

Seulgi, on the other hand, frowned in thinking, ending their conversation open-endedly as she kept to herself the whole day.

And Yerim understood her second thoughts so she lets her be.

 

 

 

“Seulgi—”

But Seulgi already left the classroom. Joohyun sighed in defeat.

She decided to tread alone their clubroom, again.

Once she entered, Joohyun saw Yerim perked up in expectation, but seeing that she was alone, the leader’s face went solemn in disappointment.

Joohyun sighed as she sat down. “You know we can continue with our plan of helping Seungwan-ah, right? I’ll help you, Yerim-ah.”

Yerim grumbled. “No, it’s fine, unnie.” She paused, brows furrowing. “I’ll think of something else.”

Joohyun only hummed as she continued observing Yerim.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter