Chapter 45

Share You My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the following weeks, they’ve settled on the arrangement of sleeping in either of their places depending on where they’re hanging out when it’s time to sleep. Or if they come from outside together, they would go to sleep at Donghae’s place. But when Hyukjae ends his schedule late, Donghae will always ask him if he wants to decompress and rest alone, or if he wants Donghae to come over to the dorm. Hyukjae is really touched at how considerate his boyfriend is, knowing he prefers to relax in his own space whenever he’s tired. But really, anywhere with Donghae is fine.

 

Today is an example of that last scenario. Hyukjae came from the airport for a late night flight back to Korea from another of SKYE’s concerts overseas. He missed Donghae a lot and all he wants right now is to be able to have his boyfriend back in his arms, whether awake or asleep. But of course, ever-sweet Donghae was waiting for him in the dorm’s living room when he arrived, awake and wearing his pajamas. Kyuhyun grunted a tired greeting to Donghae and went straight to his bedroom. Hyukjae on the other hand smiled at Donghae and walked towards him silently. Donghae has his arms wide open, complete with his signature adorable smile.

 

“Finally, you’re in my arms again,” Hyukjae breathed a contented sigh as he embraced Donghae tightly. 

 

“I missed you sooo much,” Donghae whispered as he let Hyukjae engulf him.

 

“I know. You’ve told me a thousand times.”

 

Donghae chuckled. “You’re exaggerating, Hyuk. I think I only told you a hundred times.” 

 

“Don’t you think saying that you miss me for a hundred times in a span of 36 hours is still too much?” Hyukjae asked with lips quirked up in a smile.

 

“Whatever. Go on and shower, so we can finally go to bed and cuddle,” Donghae said.

 

“Aye aye, captain!” Hyukjae said as he rose from the couch.



 

A few minutes later, Hyukjae finished showering and Donghae was sweetly rubbing a towel on his hair to dry it for him as they both sat on his bed. 

 

"This is really nice and relaxing," Hyukjae purred.

 

"You like it?”

 

Hyukjae nodded in satisfaction with his eyes closed. He heard Donghae chuckle and opened his eyes to see his boyfriend looking at him fondly. 

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing. I just love it when you’re this soft and putty in my arms,” Donghae said softly.

 

Hyukjae grinned and pecked Donghae’s lips. “I love it when you pamper me like this.” 

 

He closed his eyes again, relishing the feeling of being pampered. Yes, he is used to stylists and managers taking care of him, but it’s such a different feeling to be taken care of like this, with tenderness and love. It’s also different from how his family dotes on him, because Donghae’s touches and actions have that devotion and affection under a layer of sweetness and warmth. It fills his heart with even more love for Donghae, if that’s even possible.

 

When his hair was dry, Donghae wordlessly pulled him to lie down and snuggled on him. Hyukjae put his arms around him and hugged him tightly in content. 

 

A few minutes later though, he can feel that Donghae is still awake. “Hae?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Why aren’t you sleeping?”

 

“I’m not sleepy yet.”

 

“Then why are you so quiet? Did something happen?”

 

Donghae shook his head but didn’t answer. Hyukjae pulled away slightly so he could see Donghae’s face. He arranged their position so that both of their heads are on the pillow, facing each other. 

 

“What is it, baby?”

 

Donghae looked at him, obviously struggling to voice out whatever it was on his mind. Hyukjae patiently waited as he Donghae’s face with his thumb. 

 

“I-is it really too much that I kept telling you I miss you? Have I…annoyed you? Are you perhaps overwhelmed? Can you tell me, Hyuk? Please? So I can tone it down if it’s really too much.”

 

Hyukjae immediately held Donghae’s hands, heart clenching as he realized that Donghae took his words earlier wrongly.

 

Stupid Hyuk, you know how he is!

 

“Oh Hae, I was just teasing you. I’m sorry, I’m sorry. And no, I’m not annoyed nor overwhelmed. Other people may say it’s too much because you really flooded me with chats and voice messages saying you miss me, but I loved it.”

 

“You…loved it?” Donghae asked with eyes not quite meeting Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae held Donghae’s face with both of his hands urging the latter to look at his eyes. “Really. I love it. It felt so good that you miss me as much as I miss you. And it was so sweet and cute, especially when you sent me those selfies with emojis and ‘I miss you’ edited on it.”

 

And it was definitely the truth. Hyukjae is not saying that just to comfort Donghae, because he really, genuinely loved it. Donghae makes him feel so loved and wanted. In all his past relationships, it always felt like they were just going through the motions of being a couple. Going on dates and saying sweet things more because it was expected rather than because they have an overwhelming desire to do those things. And more than anything, Hyukjae knows that his exes liked him more for being Eunhyuk than being Hyukjae. He gets compliments when he’s dressed up or dancing on stage, but never when he’s simply being himself. With Donghae though, he gets as much compliments even when his face is puffy after waking up or when he’s all sweaty and dirty after cleaning or even when he’s being childish and whiny. 

 

“So… It’s okay? I can…continue being like that?”

 

“Donghae, sweetheart, it's more than okay. I love it when you’re like that. I love it when you’re clingy and needy. I love it when you’re soft and sweet. I even love it when you’re demanding and being poss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter