Chapter 37

Share You My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

The following week was much the same. Donghae really bought a new couch, this time a cozy sofa that is convertible to a comfortable bed. He ropes in Hyukjae to sleep there almost every night (with of course little to zero resistance from Hyukjae). 

 

It’s now Wednesday, three days before Donghae’s birthday, and Hyukjae is about to start an overnight shooting for an outdoor variety show. Donghae suddenly called him while he was waiting, excitedly sharing that he finally acquired the developed photos of their Japan trip. (It took a long time because Donghae thought he lost the camera but it turned out to be in Hyukjae’s bag all along.) Because of this, they got back again to the topic of that trip and they were laughing at the funny things that happened then. 

 

For Hyukjae, there were no highlight moments, because every moment was precious because he was with Donghae.

 

“You know, I’m still not over it and I don’t think I’ll ever be. That trip was so happy and memorable, I’m sure it’s a core memory for me now. ”

 

Hyukjae’s heart fills with happiness again at the fact that he successfully made Donghae happy.

 

“I’m glad you’re happy. It’s a pity we only had a few days. I wanted to bring you to so many other places.”

 

“Then let’s go back there again.”

 

Hyukjae stopped breathing, trying to contain the giddiness he felt upon hearing that. He swallowed hard, gathering the courage to ask something he’s been thinking of for a time. 

 

“Do you think…even when you go back to the Philippines, we can still travel together? I can plan trips for us to go to different places, different countries.”

 

Hyukjae heard Donghae gasp. “Hyuk, I’m sorry I need to do something.” 

 

And then the line suddenly went cut. Hyukjae was surprised, and after the surprise came again that prickly fear, but he tried to brush it off. 

 

The artists were now being called to gather to start the opening of the show. He sent a quick message to Donghae before he gave his phone to his manager, knowing he wouldn’t be able to check it for hours. 

 

Hyukjae:

My shoot will end at 10am tomorrow. Wanna have lunch?

 

Hyukjae finally got a break in the evening and checked his phone immediately if Donghae replied to his message earlier.

 

Donghae:

I’m gonna be really busy so I can’t TT

But I’ll make it up to you !

 

It did at least calm Hyukjae a little that Donghae said he’ll make up for it even if he refused the lunch. Still, Hyukjae is feeling uneasy again, much like that time when Donghae reacted oddly after the This Is Love practice video shoot. But he knows he’s got to be professional right now. Cameras are rolling and he has to be Eunhyuk until tomorrow morning so he doesn’t have time to think and worry about Donghae. 



 

The next day, Hyukjae asked Shindong to bring him to the agency instead of at the dorm. He went straight to Donghae’s floor, carrying the lunch he bought for him from that bagel shop Donghae was crazy about. 

 

But Donghae wasn’t there. Hyukjae turned to Donghae’s colleague and asked where he was.

 

“I’m not sure. He’s been running around since yesterday, trying to finish everything he has to do before he leaves the country.”

 

“B-before he leaves the country?” Hyukjae breathlessly reiterated.

 

“Yeah, he said he’s leaving tomorrow.”

 

Hyukjae staggered a little and held onto Donghae’s chair for support. “I.. Just…tell Donghae I dropped by and brought this.”

 

Then Hyukjae walked quickly outside, feeling himself start to hyperventilate. He doesn’t want anyone to see him like that. He ran towards the basement parking lot and ignored everyone who called out to him. 

 

“Hyukjae!” Shindong exclaimed as soon as Hyukjae shut the door of the van. “Are you okay?!”

 

He must look as bad as he feels. Hyukjae leaned heavily on his seat, gasping for breath. “Please bring me to the dorm now,” he said as he struggled to regulate his breathing.

 

“What happened??”

 

Hyukjae didn’t answer and just shook his head, not knowing how to control his emotions and his thoughts. He heard Shindong sigh but did not push him.

 

He tried to wrack his brains and recalled everything that happened the past weeks. It had been great - even better than great. 

 

But then all of a sudden?

 

Is it because I asked him if we could still travel together even if he goes back to the Philippines?

 

Was that….too presumptuous?

 

Was that…asking for too much?

 

Lost in his thoughts, he didn’t realize they'd already arrived at the dorm. 

 

“Hyuk, we’re here now.”

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes and sluggishly opened the door.

 

“Hyukjae, what happened? You know you can tell me.”

 

Hyukjae hiccuped. “Donghae…is leaving.”

 

“What do you mean he’s leaving??”

 

“I-I don’t…know.”

 

“Then why don’t you ask him?”

 

Hyukjae just shook his head again, unsure whether messaging Donghae would be good or bad in this situation.

 

“How about Ryeowook?”

 

Hyukjae looked up at that. “Yes, that’s right, I’ll ask him.”

 

Shindong nodded and looked at him worriedly. “Will you be fine alone?”

 

Hyukjae nodded and got off the vehicle, murmuring his thanks to Shindong.

 

When he arrived at their dorm, his hands were shaking as he immediately typed a message to Ryeowook.

 

Hyukjae:

Wookie…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter