Chapter 22

Share You My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyukjae was on a video call with Kyuhyun when Donghae buzzed their unit. He left his phone on the windowsill so Kyuhyun could continue watching the road outside, while he opened the door for Donghae.

 

When Donghae entered, he saw the phone and immediately went near to talk to Kyuhyun. He asked him what they’re doing and Hyukjae had a small panic attack, scared that Kyuhyun might get angry that Donghae would find out. But then Hyukjae got the shock of his life when Kyuhyun just casually answered Donghae.

 

“There’s this cute guy that passes by our building and I just wanted to see him.”

 

Hyukjae’s jaw dropped even more when Donghae just nodded and squealed, taking this information so easily. 

 

“Oooh, that’s really cute! Okay, Hyukjae and I will accompany you while you’re waiting for him to appear.”

 

And then Donghae just continued casually chatting with Kyuhyun, asking him how he’s feeling and what the doctors told him, as if the revelation that this famous idol and soloist is interested in men is just a normal thing. 

 

I wonder…That day that I childishly took Kyuhyun’s ice cream tub, was he telling the truth when he told me that he and Donghae had never talked about their preferences before?

 

A few minutes later Kyuhyun shouted, “There, that’s him!”

 

Hyukjae immediately looked at the window to see who this Giraffe guy was. Donghae on the other hand widened his eyes then laughed loudly, trying to hit Hyukjae but ended up flopping like a fish on the floor as he guffawed continuously.

 

Hyukjae frowned at the man on the floor, wondering if he should help Donghae get up and if maybe Donghae has gone crazy. Kyuhyun was cursing over the phone, accusing Donghae of making fun of him. After a while, Donghae finally calmed down. He took several deep breaths as he wiped the tears in his eyes.

 

“That’s the guy you said you wanted to see? That’s Ryeowook, my college friend and current roommate. I told you about him before! He’s your fan!” Donghae said, still wheezing. 

 

“Wait, you’re saying you know him? His name is Ryeowook??” Kyuhyun exclaimed over the phone.

 

“Yes, and I just told you he’s a fan of yours.”

 

“He already knows that,” Hyukjae butted in to clarify.

 

Donghae raised an eyebrow in confusion. “Kyu, would you tell me the entire story of how you knew him?”

 

And so Kyuhyun told Donghae the story from the encounter at the grocery up until watching the guy from their living room window. Hyukjae unwrapped the dinner that Donghae brought as he listened to the two of them, amused at Donghae squealing and giggling every now and then. 

 

He’s such a romantic, it’s cute.

 

After they hung up, Donghae gave Hyukjae his phone and sat down on the sofa beside Hyukjae who was already munching on the dimsum he brought. 

 

“It’s so funny and amazing. I can’t believe Kyuhyun is attracted to Ryeowook. I mean, Ryeowook has been a fan of his since SKYE’s debut. He’s just a casual fan, not very invested, but still,” Donghae said with a very wide grin that expresses his excitement.

 

“I agree it’s cute. You should bring Ryeowook here or something. I bet Kyuhyun was just embarrassed to ask you to introduce him to your friend.”

 

“Well I actually asked Ryeowook several times if he wanted to meet Kyuhyun. I told him I could try to set something up, but Ryeowook refused, saying he doesn’t want to shatter the image of Kyuhyun in his mind if ever Kyuhyun would be unwelcoming to a male fan or something.”

 

Hyukjae thought about that and decided that Donghae’s remark is a perfect opportunity to ask what he’s been wondering since earlier.

 

“You…didn’t actually seem surprised when Kyuhyun told you he’s waiting to see a cute guy?”

 

Donghae suddenly looked defensive. “Well, what’s wrong with that?”

 

“Nothing actually. But most people do not react the same way.“

 

“Well you forget that I didn’t grow up here in homophobic Korea,” Donghae said with a bit of a snap. 

 

“So they’re more accepting in the country you grew up in?” Hyukjae wondered.

 

“The older generation is generally conservative as well and have a lot of misconceptions. But the younger generation is more open, trying to enlighten people and fighting for equal rights.”

 

“That’s good then. I hope there will be more progress here too.”

 

Donghae looked at him, apprehensive. “Do you…are you….I mean, do you have anything against…people with preferences that are different from the societal norm?”

 

Hyukjae gulped, feeling tense with this topic. “No, I’m fine with it. As you’ve just found out, my best friend and co-member is gay.”

 

Donghae smiled. “I’m glad to hear that.”

 

“That he’s gay?” Hyukjae decided to joke instead. 

 

“Silly, Hyuk. I mean I’m glad to hear you’re not homophobic.”

 

“I assure you I’m not.” Hyukjae wanted to say more, but he held himself back. Instead, he asked, “So, Kyuhyun really h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter