Chapter 36

Share You My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A week after, SKYE arrived in Japan on Friday at noon. Ryeowook and Donghae were on the same flight, though seated separately from them. At the airport, a separate van that Hyukjae arranged picked up Ryeowook and Donghae to go to the same hotel as theirs. After checking in on their rooms, the four immediately went out to start going around. The private driver that Hyukjae hired took them to Shibuya and the four of them walked around the busy area. Thankfully, only a few people recognized Hyukjae and Kyuhyun, since it’s a weekday and still in the middle of the day. Both Donghae and Ryeowook enjoyed looking around and taking pictures, especially of the famed Shibuya crossing and then the Hachiko statue. Then they ate at a noodle shop, Abura Soba, where all four of them appreciated the food. Hyukjae and Donghae especially loved it and vowed to come back again. Then they went to TeamLabs, because Hyukjae knew Donghae would appreciate the colorful and pretty lights. And he was right, Donghae was truly amazed. Thankfully it was dark because it was hard to conceal the loving smiles Hyukjae can’t help but do whenever Donghae squeals and oohs and ahhs at the effects. 

 

The next day was Saturday and SKYE’s concert so they were occupied for the whole day, but the private van with a Korean translator this time, took Donghae and Ryeowook to Akihabara, Ueno, and Shinjuku before taking them to the concert venue. 

 

“Hyuk, thanks. Ryeowook is really having a lot of fun. Look at these videos he sent me!” Kyuhyun told Hyukjae happily as they were in the waiting room of the concert hall. 

 

Hyukjae took the phone and watched the videos, smiling at how Donghae and Ryeowook really seemed to be enjoying eating street food and walking around. 

 

“You even hired a translator for them today,” Kyuhyun added.

 

“Of course. I don’t want them to be uncomfortable if they can’t communicate. And I wanted to make sure they won’t get lost and if they wanted to find or buy something or go somewhere, they could do it.”

 

Kyuhyun raised one eyebrow. “You know both of them experienced living in a country where they did not grow up in, right? And there’s the internet. They’re capable of fending for themselves.”

 

“It’s an entirely different thing. They had time to adjust, but this time they didn't.”

 

“Hyuk, people go traveling for vacation all the time.” 

 

“But they’re not the ones who planned and researched for this trip. It would be difficult to just wing it without knowing anything beforehand, you know?”

 

“Admit it, you’re just babying Donghae,” Kyuhyun said with a snort.

 

“I’m not babying him. I just want to give him the best I could.”


 

 

The concert was a blast and SKYE with their managers and Donghae and Ryeowook ate dinner together. Drinks were served later on in the night but Kyuhyun and Hyukjae did not drink much, knowing they’d have an early start tomorrow. They actually invited Yesung and Siwon and the managers to go with them tomorrow as well, since the others’ flights are on Monday morning so everybody can go around tomorrow. Some agreed to come but some others already had prior plans.

 

And so there were about eight of them on Sunday, riding the van to Mt. Fuji. Donghae was buzzing in excitement and kept on fidgeting beside Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae chuckled. “Donghae, we still have a long way to go. You can sleep first.”

 

“But I also want to watch the scenery!”

 

“Okay, but please stop fidgeting.”

 

“Oh! Are you going to sleep?”

 

Honestly, Hyukjae still felt tired from the concert and the celebratory dinner yesterday then waking up at 6am today.

 

“I was planning to.”

 

“Oh okay, I’ll stop moving around so much. Put your head on my shoulder.”

 

“I’ll keep waking up if you move your head. It’s fine, I can just sleep sitting up like this. I’m used to it.”

 

Donghae shook his head and rolled up the overcoat he brought with him and piled it on top of his bag placed on his lap. “Lie here instead. It would be more comfortable.”

 

And of course Hyukjae did not say no to that. He laid his head on Donghae’s lap and took a nap.


 

He woke up to the feeling of Donghae touching his face softly.

 

“Hyukjae, I think we’re here now,” Donghae murmured.

 

True enough, the van was already waiting for its turn to park at the 5th station. They were halfway up Mt. Fuji. Hyukjae decided beforehand to go just up to there, instead of going up more because of the time constraints. 

 

Everybody went down to take pictures, buy souvenirs, and walk in the trails. Then they went to Lake Kawaguchi to eat lunch and make matcha (which Ryeowook and Kyuhyun oddly enjoyed a bit too much, feeding the drink to each other).

 

Then they went down to the lake and it truly was a picturesque sight. Donghae looked at Hyukjae with teary eyes, thanking him for taking him there to see such a pretty sight of the lake with Mt. Fuji at the back. 

 

Hyukjae smiled back at him and tucked his hair which was getting messed up by the wind. “I told you I’d make it happen, right?”

 

Donghae nodded and then hugged him. It’s nothing new because Donghae literally wraps himself around Hyukjae at least once a day, but the sentiment behind this tugged at Hyukjae’s heartstrings. 

 

“Thank you, really.” Donghae’s voice sounded muffled as he pressed his face on Hyukjae’s shoulder.

 

Anything for you, Donghae.

 

“You’re welcome. Now let’s take a picture together, shall we?” 

 

They took many pictures together and their friends also took pictures of the two of them properly. It was actually a bit rare for them to take photos together, because it’s just usually Donghae who takes pictures of Hyukjae.

 

Then they went to Oshino Hakkai to enjoy the traditional village and eat some more. Truly, the four members of SKYE shouldn’t be eating this much but they figured they have a month anyway before their next concert so they might as well indulge for now.

 

Speaking of that, Hyukjae really is thankful that their next concert will be in the last week of October. Because Donghae’s birthday is coming up in less than two weeks. It would fall on a Saturday and Hyukjae purposely vacated that weekend, not accepting any schedule. He doesn’t know yet if Donghae would have a party or whatever, but he wanted to be prepared no matter what, making sure that he would be there.

 

Back to the present, they were already on the way back to Tokyo. The van is dark and quiet, almost everybody is sleeping, tired from the day. Hyukjae and Donghae on the other hand were reviewing the photos from the day. Donghae really took a lot, even of the scenery on the way up while Hyukjae was sleeping (and also a few pictures of him sleeping). When they finished, Donghae sighed contentedly and leaned on his shoulder. 

 

“Where will we go tomorrow?” Donghae asked.

 

“Disneyland.”

 

Donghae perked up and looked at Hyukjae with wide eyes. “Really??!”

 

Hyukjae covered Donghae’s mouth. “Shh! People are sleeping!” he whisper-shouted.

 

“Really??” Donghae asked, quieter this time but with the same intensity.

 

“Really. You still didn’t trust me? I thought I already showed you I’ll make it possible,” Hyukjae said, pretending to look hurt.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter