Beautiful Eyes

Science Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]04[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Beautiful Eyes[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

After eating dinner, Sora sat on the couch and the TV. "Yeah... the badass actress, Suzy Bae." Her puppy jumped on her lap and looked at the TV excitedly. "You love her, don't you Ari?"

"Start-Up? You watch it too?" Baekhyun sat next to her.

"My mom loved Suzy's acting... she really loved this drama... but I feel... she could never watch it." Sora sighed. 

"I'm... so sorry about that." He whispered. "How was my cooking? You know, I don't cook well... usually, Emma cooks. It wasn't that bad, was it?" Baekhyun tried to change the atmosphere. 

"It was good, I'd like to taste her cooking too; though She doesn't like me around at all. Emma just agreed with letting me stay because of you."

"She's not too social... I mean, she's not used to Korea yet. All her life, she was talking English and was surrounded by American people."

Sora giggled. "Yeah... her accent shows that very well. The way she pronounces words sound weird." 

He nodded. "Emma's a little bit moody... gets angry soon," He moved closer to Sora. "And then she apologizes."

"It's because of her age, I was like that years ago. This is just the start." She paused. "Professor?"

"Hmm?"

"How old are you? I don't want to be rude, I'm just curious."

"I'm 34..." He said. It was funny that he was talking to someone while watching a drama and enjoying the conversation, because he hated doing so. "Why do you ask? Because of Emma?"

"You became a father at the age of 21?!" 

He turned to her and moved closer. "Well, it wasn't something planned, but yeah... I became a father when I was actually a kid myself."

"I bet it was hard..."

He sighed deeply, it looked like he didn't want to remember his past. "Of course... it was really difficult! You must make big decisions and help your daughter to do so... and for that... I was too naive, but my parents helped me."

"How about now?"

Baekhyun smiled. No one had asked about his difficulties and sorrows, though Sora was talking with him about those topics. The ones that even his mother and sisters didn't care to know. "It's better... I've learned a lot and I can take care of myself and Emma. However, raising a girl is challenging... your world is complicated."

Sora chuckled. "It's because you are a man... if you had a wife, that would be easier. Women understand each other better. Why didn't you get married?" Baekhyun frowned and turned to the TV's screen. "I'm sorry..." The girl whispered. 

"I... didn't find a suitable mother for Emma." That was only an excuse. Only God knew why he didn't allow anyone in his life. 

"I'm done..." Emma sat between them, so her father moved a little to the right.

"I could wash the dishes." 

"I like doing the dishes. I can hum songs while doing it. Don't feel bad about it, Sora-ssi." She answered, staring at the TV. "I hope I'll be someone like Suzy in the future..." She leaned her head on her father's shoulder and took some distance from Sora, because she was scared of her puppy.

"You will be successful, maybe in another way." Baekhyun whispered before kissing top of her head. The interaction between them melted Sora's heart. They reminded her of herself and her father. They were so close, just like Emma and Baekhyun. Sora missed her parents so much that she bursted into tears. "Sora?" The professor looked at her, shocked.

"I'm sorry..." She ran to her room with her puppy in her arms.

"She's weird..." Emma commented.

"No. She's just lonely, sweetheart." Her father said, caressing her back. 

■□■

"Jiyong-ssi, I don't understand the reason why you threw her out. This house is legally hers." Junmyeon said seriously.

"Kim Junmyeon," He sat down in front of him. "Please look at this. This document says the reason."

The lawyer took the paper and read it carefully. He narrowed his eyes as he stared at him. "This is not her signature!"

"Oh... really? Prove it." He smirked. "Mr. Lawyer, you can't do anything about this. She has given her wealth to me, her beloved husband. Is there a problem?"

"The problem is... she never loved you. Noona became your wife so your hyung would save her late husband's hospital!" Junmyeon tried to control his anger by clenching his fist. "You!" He stood up and pointed at the man in front of him. "You threw Sora out. You'll pay for that. I'm going to sue you."

Jiyong started laughing loudly. "And for what?"

"Faking Ms. Lee Chaerin's signature and making fake documents." 

"Great!" He stood up. "Good luck, Mr. Kim." Jiyong smiled. "Now, I'd be happy if you leave my house."

Junmyeon walked closer to him. "This is Seulgi and Sora's wealth. How can you call it yours? Do you know anything about humanity? That girl is homeless!" 

"I don't give a damn!" He pushed him away. "Get lost!"

"Bastard!" Junmyeon shouted before leaving the house. 

■□■

Junmyeon rang the bell and stepped backwards to look at the house. "Uncle! Come in!" Hearing her voice, he smiled. The lawyer pushed the door and walked in before fixing his mask. He looked around suspiciously. A quite big yard, there were two peach trees, a cherry tree, and a large swing. "Uncle!" He turned to house's door and his smile widened. His joyous niece was there, waving at him.

"Come here dear!" He opened his arms. Seeing him doing so, Sora wore her slipper hastily and ran to Junmyeon; though when she was a meter apart from him, she slipped and fell down. Junmyeon stayed still for a moment since he didn't expect her to fall. He knelt down to help her but a stranger ran out of the house. 

"Are you ok?" Baekhyun asked Sora while helping her stand up. "Oh God... you must be careful! It was raining two hours ago." He looked at her from head to toe to make sure she was ok. "Your dress is dirty!"

"I'm ok... thanks professor." Junmyeon rasied his eyebrows. "I'll change my dress..." Sora and Baekhyun made a sweet eye contact, which the lawyer wasn't comfortable with. 

Junmyeon started at them, he didn't feel good vibes about them. He cleared his throat. "Excuse me... who are you?" He asked. 

"Oh, where are my manners? I'm Byun Baekhyun, biochemist and Sora's professor." He introduced himself. "I'm also the owner of this house. Nice to meet you Mr. Kim Jungmyung."

"Junmyeon." Sora whispered in his ear.

Feeling embarrassed by the mistake he had made, he blushed. Sora had told him about her uncle. He knew that Junmyeon was a strict and serious man. "Sorry,  I meant... Mr. Kim Junmyeon." Baekhyun bowed his head. "Please... come in."

"So sorry... I'll go first to change my clothes." Sora ran inside.

Junmyeon walked toward the entrance and took off his shoes. "Do you live alone, Mr. Byun?"

"No... I live with my daughter." Baekhyun answered. 

Junmyeon looked at him. "And wife?"

"I'm not married." He said and the lawyer moved closer to him. 

"Not married..." He nodded. "Ok. Sora, are you coming?"

"Explain uncle! I can hear you..." She said from her room.

He took out some papers while talking. "I met Jiyong before coming here and I thi-" 

"Hello..."

Junmyeon's face softened at the sight of the young girl in front of him. "Hi beautiful lady." She smiled and her cheeks turned red. "She's your daughter, right?" He sat down on a couch.

"Yes." 

"God bless... take care of her." Junmyeon whispered. Sora came out of her room and sat next to her uncle. "I was saying... he showed me a document. Your mother's signature was on it."

Sora gasped. "Wh-What does it mean? She gave him the house?! What about me then? Seulgi unnie is married, but I'm all alone!"

Junmyeon nodded and took off his mask. "That's exactly m-"

"Excuse me... would you please wear that?" Baekhyun mentioned as he put his hand around his daughter's shoulders. 

"Uh... sorry... I thought it's only me and Sora. Sorry." He wore his mask again. "My point is... she would not do that! At least, she wouldn't do it without telling me. I was her lawyer and advisor. I think he has faked Chaerin noona's signature... but it's so professional that it can't be recognized. I will take legal action against this, you don't have to worry..."

Sora nodded. "Should I sign anything?"

He took out a paper from his bag and put it on a table. "This says you give me a power of attorney to bring this case to the court and sue him. Read it completely and then sign it."

"Fine..." She took the paper.

"Um... would you like to have a cup of coffee?"

"No, no. It's ok." Junmyeon's eyes searched for something in the house. "Where's Ari?"

"He's sleeping... thank God." Emma answered. A shiver ran through her body while thinking about that white creature. 

The lawyer looked at her. "What's your name?"

"Emma, Byun Emma."

"Emma... isn't that an English name?"

"She was born in Cambridge." Baekhyun replied with a smile. "She has also a Korean name, Suhyun."

"Suhyun is a beautiful name... Cambridge, England you mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter