The Great Shock

Science Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]15[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]The Great Shock[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Warning: possiblity of crying... 

Telephone started ringing, so Sora ran out of her room and answered it. "Hello?"

"Oh, hi my lovely Emma. How are you? Where is your dad?"

"Excuse me, I'm not Emma. Would you please introduce yourself?" Sora asked, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm- who are you?" The girl asked. "What are you doing in my oppa's house?!"

"I'm... I'm..." Being afraid she put down the telephone. "Baekhyun!" She ran upstairs. 

"Yes babe?" He answered as he dried his hair with his towel. "What's wrong?"

"I, I, I answered the phone and- there was a girl, she asked who I am. I, I didn't know- I was afraid- She, I... you- she said oppa- I didn't-" 

Baekhyun hugged her all of a sudden. "Babe, take a deep breath and tell me everything."

She breathed in and out slowly. "A girl called. She wanted to talk to you... and said you are her oppa. She asked who I am and I was afraid so I put down the phone."

He nodded. "That was Jennie, I assume." He said and kissed top of her head. "I will call her later. Don't be afraid. She is not a monster." He said. "But well, she can be scary..."

"Yah!" She pouted and punched his chest. "What can he do with her oppa's girlfriend?" She looked down at their feet and saw his legs. "You are !" Sora pushed him away. "ert! How can you walk around like this?" 

"What?!" He shouted. "First of all, I'm wearing a bathrobe, can't you see? And second... here is my house. Third, why do you act like you haven't seen my body before?"

The memory of the day she saw him stark replayed in her mind like a movie. She shook her head. "I haven't..." 

"You haven't?" He narrowed his eyes and leaned towards her. "You haven't for real?"

"Nope." She ran downstairs, making her boyfriend chuckle.

Meanwhile in U.S, Jennie was staring at her phone suspiciously. "Unnie?" She went to her sister's office. "Unnie..."

"Yes?" Joohyun looked up at her. "What's it?"

"Have you talked to Baekhyun oppa recently?" 

"Nope." She answered after turning her gaze back on the paper.

"How about Emma?"

"Yes, we talked last night."

"She didn't mention anything?" She sat on the desk.

"Yah! Don't sit here!" Joohyun pushed her back and she jumped down. "No. She didn't. Why are you acting like a detective?"

"Oppa has a girlfriend..." Jennie narrowed her eyes. "And he is hiding this from us."

"What do you mean? I've introduced him lots of pretty and rich girls... but he rejected them all! He doesn't want to get married or be in a relationship."

"Maybe an angel came into his life and he changed his mind. I just called him and a young girl answered, with her sweet cute voice." She said, crossing her arms. 

"Maybe she was a housemaid or something..." Joohyun whispered carelessly. "Where is that contract Mark was talking about?"

"Emma doesn't like to even see a housemaid in their home, can't you remember?!" Jennie shook her head in disappointment. 

She paused. "You are right..." She stood up. "So? You mean..." Joohyun walked to her and put her hand around her little sister's waist. "What should we do?"

The younger sister smirked. "Unnie... we can use your husband's private plane, right?" 

"Yeah..." The elder smirked too.

■□■

Lalisa was sitting in the yard and reading what Hyuna and Dawn had written. She was too focused on her job that she didn't notice Sehun's appearance. He leaned down. "What are you doing?"

"Ah!" She fell down from her chair. "You are really sick, Oh Sehun!" The girl said while standing up. "Crazy..." She sat back at her place.

He chuckled. "Why are you sitting here? It's cold." He sat next to her. "No matter how many times you read these, you won't get anything new."

"I will. Look at here." She showed him a paper. "This is Hyuna's, here she used 'her' for the King, also here, Dawn used She when talking about the King. this means-"

"The King is a woman?" He looked at her. "Wow... so as Baekhyun said, we are searching for the wrong person."

"Excatly, we thought a King must be a man, but that was just a distraction." Lalisa said as she hugged her body tightly.  She looked up. "It's snowing..."

"Yes." Sehun stood up and took off his overcoat. "You might get a cold." He tried to cover her body with his coat. "Let's go in."

Lalisa looked up at him and then turned her head away. "Are you dating a man for real?"

He sat next to her again and hugged her tightly. "I'm dating a man, but about the real part... it's for our mission." 

"Mission?" She asked.

"Yes... he is a member of the King's gang." He said. "I'm dating him to get information."

"I almost believed that you are gay..." She wiped her eyes. "Crazy bastard..."

He chuckled. "Do you want to watch the snow together? Or go out? We can have hot chocolate, huh?" 

"I'll go in." She stood up and took her papers. 

Sehun ran after her and caught her arm. "Why do you keep running away from me? I am sorry for what I have done! Can't you forgive me after all these years? Why do you do this with me? Why do you ignore me? Is my appearance annoying for you?"

"Yes! It is too annoying! I feel like I can't breath when you are around... it's hard when you are with me! Your existence bothers me!" She shouted like a crazy girl. 

He pressed his lips together. "Do you hate me?"

"I... I don't know!" The Thai girl covered her ears. "Just stay away from me!" She ran in the house while crying loudly. 

"Ok then!" He shouted. "Aish... Sehun, you silly..." He knocked his own head. "Ah! It hurts..."

■□■

Sora knocked the door before walking in. "What are you doing, girls?" She said with a singsong voice, putting two glass of orange juice on Emma's desk.

The girl put her book down. "Unnie, Hyunnie is really good at chemistry! She's a chemist or what? I think God sent her for me..."

Hyunseo laughed. "But Emma, you help me in English too. Can I call you my English tutor?"

"I was born in America! It's like my mother tongue."

"I know, that's why I envy you! You are good at Korean literature too!" She pouted. Sora giggled, looking at them. They reminded her of her own memories. Those times when she and Roseanne spent together, they studied, had fun, laughed and did crazy things. 

"That's because of my auntie-" Her phone started buzzing. "Hello?" She answered. Hearing a news, she suddenly jumped. "Really?!" Her smiled widened. 

"What? What?" Hyunseo asked. 

"Who is that, Suhyun?" Sora got closer. "Tell us..."

"Yes, Mr. Kim... I know. Yes." She walked to a poster of SNSD on her room's wall and touched Taeyeon's photo. "Thank you! I am really thankful." Emma bowed even though she was talking on phone. "Thank you." She ended the call. "Unnie!"

"What is it?" Sora asked. "Was it from Starship?"

She nodded excitedly. "You can't believe!"

"Wait!" Hyunseo walked closer to her friend. "They accepted you as a model."

"Yes!"

"Ahhhh! I knew it!" She hugged her tightly. "Congrats! Congrats!"

"Thank you..." Emma pulled away and went to Sora. "I owe this all to you..." She hugged her. "I love you, unnie."

"Oh... dear Emma." She caressed her back. 

■□■

Junmyeon was sitting in his office and having a tea with his younger brother. "I just have thirty minutes, I got to go to the hospital." He said.

"I know, hyung..." Seokjin nodded. "But seriously, Sora is dating her professor? Wow... I didn't know she is that much brave. What if the university finds out?"

"That's what makes me worried." He whispered before drinking a gulp of his green tea. Suddenly, his phone started ringing. "Hello? Hi Dr. Kim... how is Minjeong?" His face went pale. "What?!" Junmyeon stood up and his brother did so. 

"Hyung?"

"What does it mean?" He grabbed Seokjin's arm for support. "I'll be there." He ran out of the office. 

"Hyung, wait for me!"

When Junmyeon arrived to the ICU, Jisoo walked to him and bowed. "Mr. Kim..."

"My daughter... what is wrong? Where is she?" 

"We are trying hard to save her, it seems like her body is rejecting the transplanted organ." She explained. "Up to now, only two of my patients have experienced graft failure like this. I mean it's been two weeks only... but now, she is, she is infected. This shouldn't happen, we use some medicines to avoid rejection. I don't know why yet, but it seems like it isn't working-"

Junmyeon grabbed her collar. "You said I can trust you! You said you'll save her! Then do it! I'll do anything, just do it!" He searched in his pocket. "Do you want money? Yes! Hospitals' problem is always money! Here... have them all!" He threw his money in the air. "Want more? Here!" He took out his black credit card and put it in Jisoo's pocket. "Just give my child back to me!" 

"Mr. Kim!" Jisoo, who was silent up to that moment, shouted. "I don't want your money!" She put his card back in his pocket. "I love Minjeong as a daughter I never had! I will do anything for her! I will try my best!" Her eyes became tearful as she talked. "Just pray for her!"

Junmyeon began to cry. "She's my only one!" He wailed. Seokjin was crying silently while watching his older brother in such a mess. "My daughter! My hope! My life! She is my everything." The lawyer kept shedding tears. "Can you understand? Without her, I have nothing-ah!" He fell into her embrace all of a sudden.

"Mr. Kim!" She called.

"Hyung!"

■□■

Sora was cooking that her phone started ringing. "Unnie!" She answered. 

"Hi Sora."

She smiled. "What's up?"

"You have to tell me the news." Seulgi said matter-of-factly. 

"Me? What news?"

"You are dating someone, isn't that a big and important news?" She asked, making her sister's heart skip a beat.

Of course, Sora should have known better that with her behavior towards Jaehyun, he wouldn't stay quiet. "I am... so what?"

"Since when you talk to me like that? He made you this rude, huh?" Seulgi yelled. "How dare you date your professor who is thirty four?!"

"Did anyone tell you something when you dated a boy three years younger than yourself?" Sora fired back. 

"Huh?!" The elder sister hissed. "How can-"

"I've never interfered in your personal life, so I'd be thankful if you won't do so."

"How dare you talk like this to your unnie?!" Seulgi shouted. "Just pray I won't see you!"

Sora took a deep breath. "Unnie, I am sorry. We can talk later. I got to go now..." Only when she ended the call, her phone started ringing again. "Yes Dasom unnie?" She answered. "What?" Her eyes widened. "No..." Sora shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes. "I'll be there..." She threw her phone on the table. "How is this possible?"

■□■

Junmyeon was gazing at his daughter through the window, his body was numb. He wasn't able to cry anymore. "Hyung..." Seokjin called. "Drink a little bit-"

"I don't want." He whispered. 

Dasom was looking at them in disappointment. Hope in Minjeong's survival was less than five percent, which broke her heart. "Dasom..." She turned to her professor. "Did you tell him?" 

"I can't... how can I tell h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter