Five

Pirate Of The Galaxy.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  With a nod of acknowledgment at the guards, Minseok made his way into Heechul's study. The black dragon was stood by the window as though deeply in thought. His usual sorcerer companion no where in sight. Which Minseok was grateful for. He didn't like the man, or the way he paraded the castle as though he owned it. And Heechul let him. Heechul swirled around to face him."Minseok, you're finally back, I've been expecting you sooner." Minseok didn't mention why it took him longer to get back. Heechul shouldn't know Taehyung was no longer in Lyfe. At least not now. He wanted his nephew very far away by the time Heechul took notice. He only shared his plans with his sister. Not even Kai knew, however he planned on letting him know. It was very obvious Kai was one of a few that cared genuinely for Taehyung. Minseok might not be able to do much for his sister's kids, but he did try when he knew he could. He couldn't sit and do nothing, while his baby nephew's life would be destroyed. Thus he had taken the opportunity when Heechul had tasked him to retrieve the bracelet, to take his nephew along and hide him inside Black Pearl. He trusted the pirates more than he trusted his own kind, the pirates had more Honor than most dragons. He just hoped the pirate leader would drop his nephew in Long without a hitch and Taehyung wouldn't be dumb enough to reveal his identity. I have faith in you, please do not let me down prince Sehun. Minseok had some level of respect for the pirates. Especially knowing their leader was an elf. No one knew or could guess, but he had a particularly soft spot for elves. And no, it had nothing to do with a certain elf he had been seeing in secret. Just thinking about said elf brought a sense of calmness to his being. Jongdae was a force to reckon with. Shaking his lover's thought out of his mind, he gave Heechul his attention, offering a jerky nod. "My king." The title was something he had a difficult bit speaking out loud. Heechul was no king, the real dragon king was ironically Heechul's son– which the boy was trying his damned best to hide. But Minseok had known, since Kai was merely a babe, had kept Kai's secret and would continue to do so. Minseok's reserved nature allowed him to observe things around him that normally people wouldn't notice. Poor Kai. His nephew was probably raking his brain right now wondering why his soldiers – no Heechul's special soldiers had gone against his orders. Without Kai's knowledge, Heechul had given specific orders to the soldiers. They were to kill the people responsible for robbing the bracelet, all of them. According to Heechul, the lesser people knew about the bracelet the better. He had also ordered Minseok to kill anyone involved, but of course he didn't carry out such orders. However Heechul didn't need to know he hadn't. Just because he never gave his viewpoint on the way Heechul decided to run things, didn't mean he was okay with it and would follow the false king blindly. His sister was doing that part for both of them. "I suppose you got what I asked for?" Heechul was suddenly stood in his front, almost bouncing like an excited child. Minseok wordlessly nodded. He was always a person of few words. "And eliminated everyone as ordered?" Nodding once again, he pulled out the bracelet from his pocket, and presented it to Heechul. Breaking into the pirate's ship hadn't been easy, considering the ship was highly protected. More so, persuading the people on it had proven harder than he thought. It was clear they had their minds mildly protected by a psychic and had resisted at first. It took more energy to get the information and hide Taehyung in a cabin. "As expected, you never failed me"  With a wide smile that had Minseok frowning, Heechul reached for the bracelet, but just as he was about to grab it, Minseok pulled his hand back. "What is the meaning of this?" He asked with a look, intending to intimidate Minseok. The false king should know he didn't scare Minseok. "I wish to know why it's important?" To the point you ordered to kill those that were involved. "It is none of your concern." Heechul was glaring at him now as though a minute away from tackling and taking the bracelet by force. Minseok was tempted to use his persuasion on his brother in law, but he knew Heechul would find out, the sorcerer would tell him and Minseok wouldn't have that. "I risked a lot getting it, at least I deserve to know what you're going to do with it." He held his hands behind him, making it clear he wasn't going to give it up without an explanation. Sighing, Heechul regarded him with a look that the warrior didn't like. "To help my people." He said. "It is essential to the dragons." Heechul knew Minseok was loyal to his race even though he didn't like the way they did things, which was why he chose to phrase his words that way. Knowing the false king wouldn't give him the real reason, Minseok nodded. He had better things to do than to play this game. He hated mind games "Then it is yours." He would find out about what it did. He had his resources and had taken a picture of it for reference. This time Heechul was quick to snatch it as though afraid Minseok would change his mind. Heechul was beaming as he examine the bracelet. And Minseok watched him. "I've sent for the elf." Heechul suddenly spoke, finally looking away from the artifact. "He would be brought in any moment." The elf Heechul spoke of was the true heir to Lyfe, that had been sent to Coater Z during the purge and Heechul hadn't been able to get a hold of until now. Minseok didn't mention it was a futile attempt, because the elfin prince wasn't in Coaster Z like Heechul had thought he was. Even if he were, getting the elf out of Coaster Z would not be easy. The false king had no idea, the elfin prince was the same pirate that had been raking havock to the dragons in space, and not even Kai's battalions could stop him. Not wanting to be part of Heechul's madness, Minseok only hummed absent mindedly. "What about the rebel force? Any luck?" Minseok crossed his fingers, shaking his head. He hated lies, he wasn't a good liar, and he feared Heechul would pick up on it if he used his words. "Keep tracking them. I want them brought in as soon as possible." Like hells he would. He didn't know what Heechul would do the rebels, but he was certain it wouldn't be pleasant, and Minseok would die before letting Jongdae get captured. He bowed politely before requesting his leave. Luckily Heechul dismissed him and Minseok didn't wait another second as he hastily made his way out. ***
  They were moving… or maybe not. It could be his head spinning as though zapped with a bio-jet injector full of sedative. Sehun grabbed his head. Oh dust. His head felt four sizes bigger and full of cotton. He groaned and rested his head back. This was worse than the last time they had used hyperspace without much fuel. But it was worth it. Lifting his head he noted they had made it to Coaster Z intact. " our hyperdrive field guide is damaged." That was expected. A hyperdrive field guide was a series of specialized metal poles used to channel the energy produced by a hyperdrive, allowing it to propel a spacecraft into hyperspace. Without it they wouldn't be able to travel through hyperspace. But this was okay, they could have it fixed here. "At least we made it. Didn't think we would." Baekhyun said. "I know," Sehun crocked out, eyes looking out, searching for anything unusual. One unfamiliar ship was hovering unsupported next to a servicing tower that had been blown, it gave Sehun an immediate headache. Its matte-black surface in all reflection and gave off rippling shimmers that had nothing to do with the angle of the sunlight. Sehun squinted at the size of it. Nothing that big should be able to float in planetary gravity. It was nothing like the shard on Lan Zhan's display table, but it was definitely weird that didn’t come under the normal rules of physics. As he watched, he couldn't help the noise that escaped him, when he noticed the crest on it. This was no doubt a foreign ship, that brought the dragons who attacked his home. Rage shimmering inside him the moment he realized the assaulters were likely about to leave the planet. Sehun unbuckled his seat belt, and rose to his feet. "Baek, I am gonna take an emergency shutter to the palace, I want you to bring down that thing, no matter what it takes." He pointed at the ship, that Baekhyun was also staring at. "Are you sure? It might not be the enemy ship for all we–" "Oh trust me it is." It was Jimin that spoke, suddenly beside Sehun, his eyes focused on the ship in question."It belongs to the brotherhood of steel, nastiest of all assassins, more dangerous that anything you could even imagine. Only the most rich and powerful could hire one. But entire ship of them?" He shook his head. "That was unheard of." "You heard him, give it every we've got. None of those ers are allowed to leave." He said. "Catch up when the job is done." "Okay." Baekhyun bobbed his head, hands flying on the control. "I am coming with you, it's the least I could do." Jimin offered, and naturally Chanyeol and Jungkook joined. Not having the luxury to argue, Sehun grabbed his sister, and made for the shutters bay. The other three right behind them. Sehun heard the first cannon being fired before he maneuver the shutter out of the main ship. He trusted Baekhyun to do whatever it take to bring the ers down. A short drive through the capital, brought them to their destination. When they landed in the parking space meant for the royals, Sehun nearly lost it. The palace was in chaos, some part of the building was on fire. Zerg in there true form and those in human form running around, some injured as medics attended to them and some were laying lifeless never to rise again, on different places. These were mostly people he had grown up with, that Sehun could consider some his friends. Sehun resisted the urge to yell and destroy something. It was hard. He felt as though his entire world was collapsing around him. I will avenge you. He vowed. "Where do you sense Wendy?" Sehun asked his sister. "Medical wing" she said, looking as anxious they Sehun felt. Without pausing, he ran inside, knowing the others would follow. The palace was usually heavily monitored– even now guards were patrolling, Sehun wondered how the assassins were able to get in, how powerful the assassins were to the point of such havoc. No one made a move to stop them or bat an eyelash. The Zerg here all knew whom Sehun and Irene were. The only reaction he got were nods of acknowledgment as they made for the stairs leading to the north side of the palace. Inside the the medical wing in front of the royal ward, was a very worried looking Lan Zhan, leaning against a wall. Beside him was Wendy, pacing agitatedly. She looked exactly the way he had seen her moments prior, and Sehun's heart ached some more. "Wendy!" He called, voice dropping. She paused and turned sharply to where he was. Her eyes widening, with obvious relief, she made for him "Oh Gods Sehun," and Sehun had his arms full, holding her tight. "It's alright, I am here now." He soothed, when she let out a whimper, so unlike her. Lan Zhan pushed away from the wall, as Irene threw herself into his arms. "Where's Wei Ying?" He asked, running a hand down her back. "He's with the doctors, they're trying to put him Into cryo sleep to keep him stable." Wendy said, her voice breaking. Oh no. This was worst than he expected." What happened to him?" Wendy pulled away, throwing her hands in the air– a sign she was trying hard to keep it together– as she spoke. "Took a lightsaber to his exoskeleton while in the middle of shift, that complicated things." Sehun took in a sharp breath, at same time a familiar hand came to rest on his shoulder, and Sehun didn't need to turn know who it was. Closing his eyes, he leaned back against his foster dad. "I have to see him." Something in him was shifting, something he had no control over. It didn't hurt, but felt like his very core was swirling, making him dizzy. Gritting his teeth, he tried to push that feeling back. Intuitively, he knew it wasn't a thing he could control. It was like a deeper part of himself wanted an out. "You will in a moment." Lan Zhan assured him, wrapping both hands around Sehun. Letting out another deep sigh, he tried to relax."Where's Sizhui?" "Sleeping, we had to sedate him. He couldn't handle it." Lan Zhan told him. Their younger brother was an empath like Irene. All the negative emotions in the palace must have been too much for his young mind. That thing was getting stronger, almost about to burst out of him."Tell me what happened?" "We were in the dining –" Wendy started to explain but was interrupted by a guard that came running toward them. "Majesty! The enemies had been spotted lurking around the West bridge." The Zerg bowed. Sehun noticed, he had thick dark clouds around him. It almost started him, because never had he seen those clouds this clearly. As if his darkness had amplified. "The others?" Lan Zhan pulled away from Sehun. "Unfortunately dead, Sin sacrificed himself so that I could escape and bring the news." The Zerg bit his purple lips, tail shaking the slightest. Death was looming over the Zerg's head, that much was obvious. "Told some guards on the way, and they've headed there already." "What? They're still here?" Oh hells, Sehun knew he couldn't hold on for much longer, and whatever it was that about to happen, shouldn't happen in front of his family. "How many are there?" "Yes they escaped, we had to lock down any exit to trap them. And sent some guards to scout the palace. Seventeen but we've managed to take out four." "Good, I will go deal with them." He was already snatching a couple of blades from Wendy. "Sehun you cannot—" Lan Zhan began, but Sehun shook his head before he could finish that sentence. "Yes I can, and you know I would." "Sehun listen to Dad." Wendy said, but she didn't attempt to take her weapons back. "They are here for you_" "Wendy!" Lan Zhan interrupted, glaring at his daughter to make her shut . But Wendy wasn't one to back down, she glared back. "He needs to know Dad, he's in danger." Sehun jerked forward,"What do mean here for me?" "I– we believe Heechul sent them. When they came, they specifically asked for you, and vowed not to hurt anyone if we hand you over." Lan Zhan said. "But of course we wouldn't." "Then I will face them– no don't stop me. I promise to be careful." "I cannot get through with the knowledge of your father, brother and you in a bad shape."Lan Zhan confessed. "I know, and will not let myself get killed or captured." "Not really reassuring." "Let me do this please," Sehun pleaded. He needed to get away to find those ers, something told him they would be the key to letting out that which was desperate to be unlocked. Obviously knowing it was futile to stop Sehun, Lan Zhan nodded. "Let's go." He said to the others. It was safe to bring them along, they didn't have dark clouds. "Irene stay." He would have time to introduce Jimin and Chanyeol later, when this was over. "And you too," he told the guard. "But–" "No, that's an order." Sehun said before turning around to leave. He wouldn't deliver this Zerg to his death. That intense cloud was unnerving. Chanyeol shed his clothes, on the way as he shifted to his octopus form– not fully though, only from the waste below. He kept his human torso. Silently, they ghosted down the corridor. Sehun, Jungkook and Jimin hugged the wall and Chanyeol slinked across the ceiling. The closer they got to the bridge, the more activity could be heard. They hid the bodies of two unfortunate enough to cross their path, picking up a handful of Zerg soldiers along the way. Chanyeol's attachment to the ceiling was deadlier than Sehun had hoped for. The enemy targets would focus on Sehun and the other two, oblivious to the danger lurking overhead. At the cross corridor, the sounds of conflict became a roar to Sehun's sensitive ears. Peering around the corner, the hallway was a jumble of bodies, both wounded and dying, just like it had been when they came in. Four soldiers stood in front of the bridge doors, denying the intruders easy access to exit. Sehun counted those of the opposing force. Twelve Three times their numbers. He didn't think his contribution would do much damage, but at the very least it would divide the enemy and disrupt their attack. Pulling back, he allowed Jungkook to take his place and peek at the melee. His face was a mask of grim determination as he looked at his small rag-tag band of fighters. Jimin double-checked his own weapons. Sehun drew two daggers. "Stealth and surprise is our only advantage," he whispered. Sprinting up and off the wall, he vaulted over the heads of the assassins, landing crouched in their midst. He attacked before they could comprehend his presence. The deadly whir of his blades the only noise that could be heard until the bodies hit the floor. His presence had been identified, and the enemy pressed in on him from all sides. He lost a blade and pulled his leaping blade from his boot top. Sehun looked over in time to see a female assassin slide a knife out of her boot and stab one of the Zerg guards. The second guard grabbed at her as she made for Sehun. Instinct took over. Readying his weapon, Sehun threw it at her. The blade spun in the air with a soft whistling noise before embedding in the centre of . With a strangled gasp, the female fell to the ground, fingers scrabbling at the dagger. Before s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter