Three

Pirate Of The Galaxy.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Stepping out of Junmyeon's room, Kai leaned against the wall, throwing his head back as he let out a deep breath, biting back the urge to hit something. Nini are you alright? His familiar Zach sent a mental message. Yes, Kai sent back. Why the anger then? I can feel it even from here. Nothing to worry about. Alright I will drop it for now, just come back soon, I am bored.  Kai resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Yeah I will be back, keeping being bored for the time being. You piece of . Zach sent fondly, before ending the connection. Kai stayed that was for a while, clearing and calming his mind, before he straighten up and made for his dad's study.  He had gotten all the confirmation he needed before he confronted Heechul. Not that he ever doubted Eunhyuk, no he just wanted to have something to back up his claim, if Heechul asked how he got the information– which Kai was certain he would. Usually things happening inside the castle, or his father's affairs– like his dad's intension to trade away Lyfe resourceful minerals– wasn't his concern. What did concerned him was anything security and military related or what Heechul tasked him– which once again were always military related. That was his area of expertise. But this time, Kai had to– must meddle. He owned Eunhyuk and every elf that much. Kai wouldn't have been brought into this world if it weren't for the Tree of life. Before coming here, his mom had been having difficulty getting pregnant. Even Junmyeon and Taeyeon had been genetically engineered inside an artifact womb. Kai was their first natural born child. Thus he must do whatever necessary to save Lyfe. Heck, even the dragons needed this planet or he feared history was going to repeat itself. And Kai wouldn't allow that, not now that he was fully aware of most of the things the dragons had done in the past, which he was certain, was due to lack of responsible leadership and their greed in general. Taking over planets after planets was never the solution. He knew the dragons could have avoided being the villains, could have done things differently, had they put their greed aside. They could've coexisted with the natives of any planet they chose to inhabit– no they could have prevented their own native planet form dying in the first place. But they hadn't, which made things ed up. Kai had the strong urge to fix things, and protect not just his race but the elves and any other race out there needing protection. He wanted to make things less ty even if he couldn't make it right. He didn't know if this feeling was probably because he was wired with the gold-goodness or not, but Kai didn't care.  Things needed to change. Dragons must mend their ways. If they end up killing this planet he wasn't sure they would find another, with a similar friendly environment that boost their magic, and helped with repopulation without needing artificial technology.  He wished to make things stop, the slavery, prejudice and every Injustice the elves had face and were still facing. He wished to give the elves back thier world and hopefully they would let the Dragons share, even if not in the same province. Truth was, he didn't want to leave Lyfe– but he would if the elves insisted they did. Not everyone was generous enough to forgive such atrocious behavior. Especially knowing Lyfe had been invaded once.  He hadn't really talked with Junmyeon about his views, but somehow he had a feeling his brother shared his views. Even if he didn't, Kai would have to persuade him. Junmyeon was his probability to fix things, a probability he was willing to take. Though dragon weren't as long lived as the elves or other species, but they do live up to a seven or more centuries. And now Heechul was in his second century, that was still considered in one's prime. Kai didn't see anything that would make his father give up his throne right now or in the foreseeable future. And that really disturbed him. No, the gods weren't that cruel to allow someone like Heechul to govern for centuries. They would show Kai a way out. He had faith. But before his brother took the reigns, Kai would do what he could with his limited abilities as the middle child and the four star general. Scrubbing a hand down his face, he let out another sigh. There was more than one thing he needed to talk to his father about. He wasn't going to sit by and watch his baby brother subjected to a life he didn't deserve. Kai had heard stories about Wonho. And those stories were anything but appealing. The guy was a spoilt brat, from copper clan, his dad was one of Heechul's advisors. Copper dragons had a reputation as pranksters, and riddlers that preceded them, and it was well earned.  They love to have fun with whoever was available, whether it was by posing jokes and riddles to be answered, or setting up a prank on anyone that would cause amusement for the dragons and others.Sometimes they used their telekinesis ability for said fun. The most disturbing thing about this was that, Wonho and his clutch mates tend to share bed partners, and it was considered normal in their clan. Kai would die before he let that happen to his baby brother. Taehyung deserve love and care, something he lacked from the very people that brought him into this world. Kai couldn't fault his mom, not hundred percent though. She was too timid– scared to openly love her children, Heechul had made sure of that. Coming to a stop at his destination, he nodded at the servant and guards standing watch in front of Heechul's study. After seeking an audience with Heechul, he waited until he was ushered inside. His father was sat in his usual spot, going over some documents. One look, Kai recognized those documents as trading agreement. He stifled a gasp at the realization his dad didn't just have the intensions of trade, but had already been trading Lyfe minerals for a quiet sometime now. Which would make it harder to convince Heechul, especially when he had tasted the sweetness of surplus income those minerals had procured. But he would have to try. Kai saluted his father—military style— the way he had been taught since he was a boy and it was at the moment, that he sensed something, like there was another presence in the room apart from his dad and himself. His mental shield vibrated, as if trying to strengthen itself, to prevent that something from invasion. But before he could dwell on it, Heechul snapped him out of it. "At ease Kai!" Heechul said, expression open. It appeared Heechul was no longer mad at him for being unable to procure the bracelet. Hopefully Heechul had changed his mind and would no longer threaten his position. "What can I do for you general?" He asked with a smile. If Taehyung were to see Heechul now, his brother would probably pinch himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming or hallucinating. Because he had never been at the receiving end of such smile, even if utterly fake. But if Heechul smiled, it meant he was letting Kai off right? "I came to talk about–" he trailed off, pushing down the urge to bite his lips. "Yes?" His father promoted, rasing a eyebrow. Kai gesture at the documents in front of Heechul "You cannot continue mining father." Heechul dropped the smart pen he was holding, hand coming to rest on the desk as he regarded Kai with an intense look. "And why can't I?" "Because it's killing the planet and everything in it. Most of the replicas of the tree of life had wilted." He crossed his fingers, going by what he had learned from his brother. "And how do you come to acquire such knowledge?" "Hyung, told me." He replied without missing a beat. "I see." Heechul said, his eyes still on Kai as though aiming to see through him and Kai prided himself for not squirming. "But do not worry, I have plans. Nothing will happen to our planet, it will continue to thrive." He added after a moment. Not ours, Kai mused internally, not daring to say so out loud."May I dare ask what plans?" Kai rubbed a hand across his forehead unconsciously. The air in his father's study suddenly felt dry and slightly too hot Heechul waved a hand in dismissal. "Nothing to concern yourself with." "Father please, I want to know if I could help," Kai begged, knowing Heechul liked the feeling of superiority, being above anyone else. "Do not beg, you're a Drake, it is beneath you to beg." His father snapped. "And I will share my plans when i see fit." Kai straighten his back, squaring his shoulders. "Yes father." "Now you can help by retrieve my bracelet. I am putting my trust in you again," Heechul said looking at a certain direction and Kai let his senses toward the direction, but something seemed to be blocking him from getting anything, at same time still prodding against Kai's mental shield. "I don't care how you do it, just don't come back without it. That's an order General Drake." Kai furrowed his brows, erecting a stronger barrier against his mind before doubling his efforts, searching for whatever was trying to prod his mind, but still got nothing. He could have sworn he felt that presence from that direction his father was gazing at. "Yes Sir." He finally refocused his attention on Heechul when his several attempts proved futile. "Minseok would accompany you, to make sure the mission is a success." Bringing Minseok into this proved how important this artifact was to Heechul, and that perked Kai's curiosity, about it. Minseok was always– usually with Heechul. The latter never sending him on a mission off planet, as though Heechul loathed to part with the warrior even for a bit.  If Kai didn't know better he would think, Heechul was in love with his wife's brother. But no, Kai knew more than anyone his father wasn't capable of love. He didn't love his wife. He married her because of the red clan she came from. , Kai wasn't certain if Heechul loved him, or any of his children. A dragon as self centered didn't seem capable of love, familial or otherwise. Many times, he felt Heechul's affection toward him weren't genuine, unlike it was with his mom, even though she didn't usually express it, Kai was certain she loved him. With Heechul though, it was probably because Kai had proven himself useful, numerous times. Kai nodded, without a word. "Good. You're dismissed." Heechul said, turning his attention back to the documents on his desk. But Kai didn't move, he stayed rooted. He couldn't leave without some sort of assurance. "Why are you not leaving?" Heechul asked, lifting his head up. "I just want to know one thing. Will you really stop?" Heechul didn't speak, only gazing at Kai with a frown on his face. And it was clear he didn't appreciate being challenged. Gut feeling told Kai his father wouldn't stop. Balling his hands, for the first time Kai consider telling his father about of his ability to turn anything into treasure. That way he could make his father stop mining, if he knew he would have another source of goods. But then he remembered the two dragons– form emerald clan– somewhere in the castle, that had similar abilities to Kai. Though limited to certain treasures.They had been deteriorating fast, each time they used their abilities, to the point they went into coma. The first one hadn't woken up since, while the other had been in and out of it due the excessive use of their ability. And Heechul was still pushing them to give him more. Would his father make Kai exhaust himself to that extent? Fear clawed at his inside, when it dawned on him. Yes Heechul would, he would do anything for more wealth. His avariciousness had no limitations. Then no, Kai wouldn't dare speak of his ability. After all he didn't consider himself selflessly good. He was a dragon after all and would do whatever it take to protect himself. First. "If you're not as black as I am in dragon form, i would think you're no spawn of mine." Heechul said, "You're losing faith in me young Drake, and I do not like it." He rubbed at his face. "But if it makes you feel assured. I will stop." He waved Kai away. "Now. Leave." Kai bowed, without a word as he hastily exited the room. Heechul watched Kai leave, his eyes unreadable, before looking sideways. "You can come out now." A moment later, a tall figure materialized out of thin air in the chair in front of Heechul. High Sorcerer Siwon shifted in his gilded chair and stretched his legs out before him. At the unnaturally old age of one-thousand and fifty-two, he didn't look a day over thirty. His body was lithe and his appearance young given his advanced years—a result of the powerful magick he wielded. Not a single streak of gray adorned his shoulder-length black hair or beard. But today, despite his seemingly relaxed pose, his knuckles glistened white as they flexed against the arms of his chair. "What do you get?" The sorcerer seemed to catch himself, as he released his deadly grip on the armrest."Nothing, his mind is hard to read." Heechul had been working with this man for decades. They had met by chance when Heechul had traveled to Dure to test his and Hyoyeon's compatibly with an artificial womb– that had recently been invented, which was to carry their whelps after several tries and failure to have naturally born children. The man had made him an offer to help find a planet that would revive dragons fertility and magic, but Heechul had laughed, thinking he was a fraud. But then he had shown Heechul a vision– by the mere touch of his hand– of Lyfe, a place where his people would thrive. At that time he didn't even know such planet excited, since Lyfe wasn't part of GPA. Tempted, Heechul had agreed, and had followed the sorcerer's every instructions to seize the planet, which raised his willingness to cooperate with him. The rest was history. Though something bothered Heechul, that was the sorcerer's motives. So far the man hadn't named what he wanted from Heechul, what was actually in there for him. Heechul was no fool, he knew nothing came for free. But when he asked, the sorcerer had simply said he was fulfilling his destiny and would name his prize when the time was right. Which had confused the hell out Heechul. But knowing he was the one gaining most in this, he didn't question the man further. Especially now that Heechul had eyes on the man's daughter. "Do you think he's in cahoots with the elf?" He had known, Kai had been visiting the captive elf in secret for a while now. At first he had thought it to be a simple child's curiosity, but even after becoming an adult Kai didn't stop, he seemed to like spending time with the elf whenever he was in Lyfe. The fact that lately Eunhyuk had stopped asking about his mate perked his suspicions. It was unusual, not even a month pass in the past without Eunhyuk asking to see to Heechul just so he could inquire about his mate's state. It had been a year since, Eunhyuk had asked about his mate. And that gave Heechul the impression of something brewing without his knowledge, thus promoted him to question Kai's motives and loyalty. The most important thing here was a prophecy had foretold: one of Heechul's child was going to bring an end to him. Thus far he didn't trust any of his children fully, Kai more than the others, because he was the most powerful and unpredictable amongst his whelps. Kai as a four star general, had military power, 3/4 of the dragon soldiers answered to him, and were more likely to follow him than Heechul. If Kai decided a coup d'etat, Heechul knew he would be successful. His fears weren't unfounded. "Not sure." The sorcerer had a deep frown. "You sure he's a black dragon?" "What do you mean?" Heechul, tried to hide his nervousness, by balling his hands. "He seemed to have a mental shield, as far as I know black Dragons do not have such ability. Bronze, perhaps." At that Heechul laughed, relaxing a fraction. "I am aware of that, he got his ability from his familiar." "Familiar?" The man tilted his head, suddenly very interested in their conver
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter