Lost

Love In Agony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

....four months later...

 

Eun Ae got hired as an editor’s assistant at a magazine company. Fortunately the owner of the magazine company was an old friend of Namjoon’s father. Sun Hee urged Namjoon to help Eun Ae in finding a job. The pay was not so great since she’s just an assistant based on her qualification just up to high school level. But for Eun Ae it’s manageable for the apartment rental. Meanwhile her mother’s health was deteriorating gradually and has to stay at the hospital. Her phone was ringing right the middle of her working hours. “...sorry..excuse me..it’s the hospital calling....” she stood up from her chair and went outside the office.

 

Eun Ae rushed to the hospital and quickly went into her mother’s ward. There were doctor and two nurses in the room assisting her mother. “..Miss Park....it looks like she doesn’t have much time left...just stay with her....I’m sorry....” the doctor told her. Eun Ae slowly walked to the bed and saw her mother thin and pale face. “..Eun Ae....” “..yes...eomma...I..I think my time has come....take care of yourself...I’m sorry for not able to be with you anymore...” “..eomma..please don’t say that..you’re going to get better...” Eun Ae could not help it, she cried and sobbing loudly holding her mother’s hand. “....I will always be there looking at you...don’t be too sad....I love you my daughter...” then slowly the older woman’s head weakly fell to the side after closing her eyes “..eomma!...eomma!....please wake up!...don’t leave me!....eomma!...” she cried her heart out.

 

With the help of Sun Hee’s parent and Namjoon, Eun Ae held a small funeral for her mother. Sitting on the floor at the wake, Eun Ae felt so lost. She felt as if the sky was crumbling down and she hardly felt the ground that she stood on. Only a few people came since all her life there’s no other close relative ever came to visit them. Only those who knew her mother. “...hello Eun Ae...” a voice called her. She looked up and saw a middle age woman looking sophisticated and expensive stood in front of her. “...oohh..Mrs Min...” The woman took her hands “...I’m so sorry for your lost...your mother has been very good to me...please be strong...” she said to her “...t..thank you so much Mrs Min...” Eun Ae managed in between her tears. “..here’s a small token from me just to help you with anything you need...” “...I cannot Mrs Min...” Eun Ae was about to reject “..no..please take it...don’t hesitate...” Mrs Min handed her an envelope and placed it tightly in Eun Ae’s hand. Right after that Mrs Choi too came paying her last respect to an old friend. She went to Eun Ae and hugged her. “...I’m sorry...stay strong...she’s in peace now...” she assured her. Sun Hee walked in with Namjoon and hugged her best friend. “....don’t be too sad honey..at least there’ no more suffering for her...she’s at peace now...you need to stay strong....”. “..yes..Eun Ae...Sun Hee is right...and we are here ...your friends...anytime...if you need us..just give us a call....” Namjoon too giving her some words of comfort.

 

“...I’ve been trying to call you...where were you?...” Yoongi spoke on the phone with Namjoon. “..I was at a funeral....why?....” .”..funeral?..who died?...” Yoongi asked rashly “...aisshhh...can’t you be a little bit sensitive?....I’m not telling you...” Namjoon answered feeling a bit annoyed. “..okay..okay..I’m sorry...okay who has passed away?....” there were silent from Namjoon “..it’s Eun Ae’s mother....” “..ohh...sorry to hear that...is she alright?..” Yoongi finally asked. “....how can anyone be okay when the parents died?...why did you call anyway?...” “...oh...nothing just wanna speak to you...I’m kind of bored here....I just want to quit.....”. “..you’ll get used to it..Yoongi....just study hard......your parents are hoping the best out of you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter