Epilogue

The Fox and The Vampire

Sungyeol looked around the city in awe, wondering how Daeyeol got so lucky with being in St Petersburg's coven.

"It's such a nice city isn't it?" Asked Bomin as he walked over, going to stand beside Sungyeol. "It is," hummed Sungyeol. "I guess my brother went back to hunting humans since you're not with him," he said, turning to Bomin. "Pretty much," hummed Bomin.

"I guess I can never get him to fully commit huh?" Asked Sungyeol. "Daeyeol only hunted animals because of where he was at, you know this," said Bomin. "I'm fully committed though," he added. "I know you are," said Sungyeol as he shook his head. "But I have to set an example, being the older brother in this case," he said. "True," hummed Bomin.

 

~



"Your brother fits right in with us," said Seongyoon as he and Daeyeol wandered around the city after hunting. "I figured he would," said Daeyeol as he looked up at the sky in thought.

"What's on your mind?" Asked Seongyoon. "It's nothing," said Daeyeol as he turned to look at Seongyoon. "Bomin's spacing out again?" Asked Seongyoon. "Yep," said Daeyeol. "Of course," Seongyoon said with a chuckle.

"Where's Jangjun?" Asked Daeyeol. "Youngtaek came to get him and they went hunting," said Seongyoon. "Jangjun's still trying to get used to his fox form, ever since he found out he was one anyway," he added.

"I don't think you can really get used to something like that," said Daeyeol. "No, I guess not," said Seongyoon. "Jangjun's lived most of his life as a vampire, being raised as a human at that," he said.

"How did you two meet anyway?" Asked Daeyeol. "He was turned when we met," said Seongyoon. "I took him in when the original coven was still around, they left him under my care," he said.

"What happened to the old coven anyway?" Asked Daeyeol. "They moved to Moscow," said Seongyoon. "I still keep up with the old coven leader but they left this city in mine and Jangjun's care," he said. "I see," said Daeyeol.

 

~



"This is your idea of a good time?" Asked Jangjun as he and Youngtaek finished hunting, going to wash themselves off in a nearby river. "Aw shove it," said Youngtaek as he returned to his human form after shaking the water out of his fur. "Someone had to teach you how to hunt, and Bomin outright refused," he said. "Sure sure," said Jangjun before he jumped into the river to clean himself off. He came out after he making sure he was clean.

"Your clothes are over here," said Youngtaek as he went to get them before coming back and handing them to Jangjun after he returned to human form from shaking out his fur in his fox form. "And how many tails do I need to retain all my clothes?" Asked Jangjun as he put on the clothes. "9 from what Bomin said," said Youngtaek. "I am pretty much halfway there, I still have pants," he said.

"I'll see you then," said Jangjun. "I guess," said Youngtaek. "I'm letting Bomin take you hunting from now on," he said, sighing before turning and heading back towards Finland. Jangjun chuckled softly before heading back to St Petersburg.

 

~



"Sometimes I wonder about you," said Bomin as he walked with Jangjun. "Oh?" Asked Jangjun. "How are you adjusting? Any trouble with your fox form?" Asked Bomin. "No, and I'm adjusting fine I think," said Jangjun.

"Do you just naturally shift or do you need a trigger?" Asked Bomin. "Naturally shift," said Jangjun. "I thought I'd have more trouble but I'm doing just fine," he said. "Is that a problem?" He asked. "No," said Bomin. "That's a good thing I guess," he added.

"How so?" Asked Jangjun. "Well, you haven't changed to your fox form before now, so I thought you'd have trouble adjusting to it since you've been a vampire most of your life," said Bomin.

"A lot of things make sense now," said Jangjun. "Like my tendencies to go berserk for no reason," he added. "I never knew why, until I found the ring on my finger," he said. "It's a nice ring," said Bomin. "It is," hummed Jangjun.

 

~



Daeyeol and Sungyeol walked around the city in comfortable silence, the both of them just enjoying each other's presence. It had been a while since they were truly alone, and they took the opportunity to bond as siblings.

"You've changed a lot you know," said Sungyeol. "Bomin does have a lot of influence in my life," hummed Daeyeol. "Even without his influence you've changed a lot," said Sungyeol.

"What can I say, this life changes us," said Daeyeol. "I've become more cautious and less trusting," he said. "But when you gain my trust I'm there," he said. "You've been like that ever since we were still human," said Sungyeol. "But yes, I agree that it's been implemented more since you've been turned," he said.

"You haven't changed too much though," said Daeyeol. "Really?" Asked Sungyeol. "Really," said Daeyeol. "I was always the more outgoing one of the family," he said. "You just stayed in the background," he said. "Huh," hummed Sungyeol.

"I have to admit though," said Daeyeol as he stopped walking, looking at the ring on his finger when it started pulsing. "Being a part of a coven like Sunggyu's and Chani's has gotten you out of your shell a bit more," he said, turning when Bomin walked over with Seongyoon and Jangjun.

"You really think so?" Asked Sungyeol. "I do," hummed Daeyeol as Seongyoon came to a stop in front of Daeyeol.

"What's up?" Asked Sungyeol. "We were going to go hunting, if you wanted to join us," said Seongyoon. "Oh?" Asked Daeyeol. "I've heard so much about this diet of yours I had to try it," said Seongyoon.

"You want to try and hunt animals?" Asked Sungyeol. "Yes," said Seongyoon. "It gives me something to do when I'm not doing stuff in the city," he said. "We can go hunting," said Daeyeol as he nodded. Sungyeol blinked in surprise. "It's been a while since I've gotten to hunt a good buck," said Daeyeol as he chuckled.

"You three can go," said Bomin. "Jangjun and I can go hunting on our own and bond," he added. "Just don't be like Youngtaek and we'll be good," said Jangjun, earning a snort from Bomin. "Don't worry, I'm more patient than he is," said Bomin. With that Seongyoon wet with Daeyeol and Sungyeol while Bomin and Jangjun went their own way to hunt.

 

~



Daeyeol sat on a tree branch, his legs swinging back and forth as he waited for Sungyeol and Seongyoon to be done hunting. Hunting was something that he had looked forward to, at least, as an activity for the 3 of them to do together when Bomin and Jangjun were doing their own things.

As a herd of deer came running towards him Daeyeol waited until he found one he liked and hopped down onto its back, quickly latching onto the buck's throat as it thrashed around. He bit down, letting the taste of animal blood hit his taste buds for the first time in months. He was able to maneuver off the buck as it hit the ground, still biting down on its neck as he landed in a crouched position.

Sungyeol and Seongyoon managed to get their kills, coming to a stop with their bucks just behind Daeyeol.

"I wonder how the foxes are doing?" Asked Seongyoon as he finished his kill, letting the buck drop to the ground. "I'm sure they're fine," said Daeyeol as he got up, turning towards his brother and Seongyoon.

Sungyeol dropped his buck after he was done, standing as he did so. "Spacing out again?" Asked Daeyeol, causing Sungyeol to turn to him. "Oh, it seems so," hummed Sungyeol.

"We're near Finland, if you wanted to head over to see Youngtaek," said Daeyeol. "I'll be fine," said Sungyeol. "He was here the other week," he said. "He must be just as distracted," hummed Seongyoon.

 

~



Bomin and Jangjun both hunted in their fox forms, with Jangjun stashing his clothes nearby in a tree before they went hunting. Jangjun was a bit awkward in his fox form at first, not used to running on four legs, but he was soon side by side with Bomin as they both went hunting.

Bomin led the way, soon chasing after a herd of deer and Jangjun fell into step behind him, waiting on the perfect opportunity to strike. After Bomin leaped at a young buck Jangjun did the same with a doe, the both of them tackling their prey and quickly bringing it down.

Jangjun quickly snapped the doe's neck and drained the blood while Bomin did the same before going in and tearing his meal apart as he ate it. Jangjun huffed as he dropped his meal, letting the fox side of him take over and tear apart the doe.

After they were both done they went to clean themselves off and change, with Jangjun going to put his clothes on after he was done.

 

~



"You two done yet?" Called Seongyoon as he walked over with Daeyeol and Sungyeol. "We are," said Bomin as he turned to Seongyoon.

"How was it?" Asked Daeyeol. "It was better than hunting with Youngtaek I can tell you that much," said Jangjun, earning an amused snort from Bomin as he shook his head.

"I know how to hunt, I just need time to adjust to running on 4 legs," said Jangjun. "That does take some getting used to," said Bomin.

"How was hunting for you three?" Asked Jangjun as he turned to Seongyoon. "It was fun," said Seongyoon. "We should do it more often," he added.

"We can," said Daeyeol. "I'm down," said Sungyeol. "Maybe with all 5 of us doing it?" Asked Bomin. "I'd like to see how you manage to hunt," said Seongyoon as he turned to Bomin. "Just don't get between me and my meal and I'll be fine," said Bomin.

 

~



As they were heading back to St Petersburg Bomin stopped, causing everyone else to stop and turn to him.

"I guess this is where we stop and look forward to the future huh?" Asked Bomin. "I mean, sure?" Asked Daeyeol as he shook his head in amusement. "What else can we do?" Asked Seongyoon. "Just look forward to what's coming?" He asked.

"To our time ruling the city then?" Asked Jangjun as he held out his hand. "Eh, sure," said Seongyoon as he put his hand on Jangjun's. "To us," said Daeyeol as he put his hand down next. "To us!" Said Bomin and Sungyeol as they did the same.