Chapter 18

The Fox and The Vampire

Sungyeol stood in front of Hoetaek, the both of them eyeing each other before Hoetaek made the first move, a soft smile appearing on his face before Sungyeol tackled him, hugging him. "I missed you," said Sungyeol as Hoetaek returned the hug. "I did too," said Hoetaek. Sungyeol moved away, letting out a sigh.

"What's wrong?" Asked Hoetaek. "I don't know what to do," said Sungyeol. "What do you mean?" Asked Hoetaek. "I can't stay here forever," said Sungyeol. "My contract will keep me with Youngtaek," he said. "So I can't just stay here," he said.

"I understand," said Hoetaek. "If you need to go, I am fine with that," he said. "Are you sure?" Asked Sungyeol. "I don't think we were ever truly mates," said Hoetaek. "If I had found my mate in you I think I would've fought harder to have you stay, but I'm fine here," he said. "So go if you need to," he added.

A look of relief crossed Sungyeol's face before he nodded. "Thank you, for everything," he said. Hoetaek smiled before giving Sungyeol one last hug. "Let's go hunting then?" He asked as he moved away. "Sure," said Sungyeol before he ran off with Hoetaek following after him.

 

~



"Where's the foxes?" Asked Byungchan as he met Daeyeol at Chani's Starbucks. "They went hunting," said Daeyeol as he shrugged, leaning back in his chair.

"So what news did you bring me," said Byungchan. "Yunho was given the offer of letting Gunmin return to his old pack," said Daeyeol. "We met up in Oklahoma when that was happening and he came to me with an answer before I left," he said.

"What was his decision?" Asked Byungchan. "He decided to go to them," said Daeyeol. Byungchan let out a sigh. "Of course," he said. "I'm not surprised," he added.

"He decided to still ally himself to your pack though," said Daeyeol. "Oh?" Asked Byungchan. "He's still in your pack from what I understand, since the offer was given to Gunmin and not him," he said. "And MK will follow wherever he goes it seems," said Byungchan. "Probably," said Daeyeol.

"They do make a good team though," hummed Byungchan. "From what I've seen? Yep," said Daeyeol. "He'll probably ask you to keep his collection growing," he said. "I know we will," said Byungchan. "Seungwoo and Wooseok will when they head over to Austria," he said. "When Yunho left he took the wolf and fox plushies with him, I don't know what he wants us to do with the others but I'm sure we'll find out soon," he said. Daeyeol nodded.

 

~



Bomin and Youngtaek stopped to wash themselves off in a stream after they were done hunting, the both of them changing to their fox forms to shake the water out of their fur before returning to their human forms.

"I just noticed something," said Youngtaek as he turned to Bomin. "You have no tails," he said, blinking in surprise. "I know," said Bomin as he sighed. "My one tail is on Daeyeol," he said, turning to Youngtaek. "Do I just have 3 tails then?" Asked Youngtaek. Bomin nodded.

"You should come visit sometime, even if it's to hunt," said Youngtaek as he turned to Bomin. "We gotta show Jangjun what's up now," he said, earning a laugh from Bomin. "You may have to, but that's not my job," said Bomin.

"Oi," whined Youngtaek. "You're older, you gotta teach us young'ins to hunt," he said. "I don't need to when you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself," said Bomin. "Oi," whined Youngtaek.

"What are you two bickering about now?" Asked Sungyeol as he came into view with Hoetaek who was in his wolf form. "Youngtaek wants me to teach Jangjun how to hunt in his fox form," said Bomin as he shook his head in amusement. "I said the job was up to him," he said. Sungyeol shook his head in amusement while Hoetaek snorts in amusement. "That would be a funny sight to see," said Sungyeol.

"So you decided to head back with us then?" Asked Bomin as he changed the subject. "I did," said Sungyeol. "I never really fit in with the coven anyway, but I stuck around because I had no where to go," he said.

"Daeyeol will be happy," said Bomin as he smiled softly. "I know," said Sungyeol as he let out a sigh. "I've spent too much time away from him, I barely know who he is anymore," he said.

 

~



Daeyeol checked his bag to make sure he had all their passports, looking through them to make sure they were still in date. Getting new ones were going to be a pain, but luckily for them the Canadian government was well aware of the supernatural presence around the big cities.

"Do we have everything?" Asked Bomin as he walked over after getting their tickets for first class. "Yep," said Daeyeol. "We'll fly over to Berlin to check on things then we'll head on over to Russia," he said. "Youngtaek is going straight to Finland," he said. "Right," said Youngtaek. "I'll see you whenever I see you," he said.

"I'll tell Jangjun you said hi," said Bomin. "I'll tell Kevin and the others you said hello," said Youngtaek before he left after getting his passport and ticket from Daeyeol.

After getting through security they headed to the lounge to wait on their flight, getting a private room to themselves while they waited.

"It's been quite the adventure," said Sungyeol as he relaxed in his seat. "It really has," hummed Daeyeol as he leaned back and stared up at the ceiling from his seat. "It's good to finally go home though," said Bomin. "Now that you've admitted that you belong to a coven," he said.

"I never denied it to be fair," said Daeyeol. "But it's nice to have a home to return to after a journey like this one," he said. "I'm happy for a change," said Bomin. "I always told you we need to have a home, even a temporary one," he said.

 

~



As they sat down in their plane seats Bomin raised his cup of coffee at the two brothers sitting across from him, and Daeyeol and Sungyeol did the same. "To a new start," said Daeyeol. "To a new start," said Bomin and Sungyeol before they took a sip of their coffees.