Chapter 1

The Fox and The Vampire

Bomin chewed on a toothpick as he sat on a wall waiting for Daeyeol to finish hunting. "You're just full of surprises fox," came a voice as Jangjun walked over and sat down beside Bomin. "Why's that?" Asked Bomin as he took the toothpick out of his mouth and chucked it off to the side into a trash can a few feet away.

"You're more than just a one tailed fox aren't you?" Asked Jangjun as he tilted his head to the side. "I'm not telling you that information," hummed Bomin. "Fair enough," said Jangjun. "It's just odd that someone like Daeyeol would take you in," he said. "The circumstances of what happened were enough for someone like him to do something," said Bomin.

"The two of you compliment each other though," said Jangjun, earning a scoff from Bomin. "Except for the fact that Daeyeol is older than me," said Bomin. "I don't go that route," he said. "Uh huh," hummed Jangjun.

"This is where you decided to hang out at while waiting for me?" Asked Daeyeol as he walked over with Seongyoon. "I was alone until Jangjun decided to bother me," said Bomin as he shrugged, hopping down from the wall he was sitting on. "Oi," said Jangjun as he scowled.

"We should get going then," said Daeyeol as he put his hands in his pants pockets. "Did you hunt?" He asked. "I did," said Bomin as he nodded. "I'm still full from our trip out of Finland so," he said, shrugging.

"Have fun," said Seongyoon as he walked them out of St Petersburg. "It's going to be weird with just us two running the city, but we got Kevin and them as help if needed," he said. "Tell Yuri we said hello," he said. "Sure," said Daeyeol as he nodded. Bomin waited until Daeyeol made his first move to leave before following after him, out of the city and into the countryside where Daeyeol used his full vampire speed to get to where they were going. Bomin had to transform to keep up with him, running as fast as he could.

 

~



Daeyeol came to a stop once he reached Berlin, letting Bomin stop and return to his human form. "Yuri went into hiding again it seems," said Bomin. "It seems so," said Daeyeol.

"What are we doing in Berlin again? You know I hate coming back here," said Bomin as he turned to Daeyeol. "I need information," said Daeyeol. "You can go rest in the forest somewhere, I won't be long," he said. "We're going on a plane ride so I need to get our papers," he said. "Back into Canada?" Asked Bomin. "Apparently my brother needs me for something," said Daeyeol.

"I'll sleep on the plane," said Bomin. "Let's go and get this damn information," he said. "I know how much you hate coming here, but we do this every time we go to Europe," he said. "Sungyeol already paid for our tickets, it's fine," he said. "First class?" Asked Bomin. "Business, but it's better than Economy," said Daeyeol. "So true," said Bomin. "Alright, let's go get the damn papers," he said. Daeyeol nodded and ran into Berlin with Bomin following after him.

 

~



"I'd be careful in Toronto," said Moonbin as he walked over with their passports. "Apparently there's a change of power going on within the werewolf pack there," he said. "Something happened that I can't disclose, but the four generals have decided to go their separate ways," he said.

"All of the sudden?" Asked Daeyeol as he tilted his head to the side. "I don't know the details, but apparently Kris did something big enough to be noticed," said Moonbin. "Well, that would explain why my brother is needing me there," said Daeyeol.

"Chani's tied to them somehow right?" Asked Moonbin. "Both his and Seungwoo's information networks intertwine because of their location," said Daeyeol. "Keep my best friend out of trouble yeah? Along with their human," said Moonbin. "Sanha wouldn't like it if he got caught in the middle of this mess," he said.

"You wouldn't object to sending their human here," said Daeyeol. "Not when the balance of power shifted," said Moonbin. "Only when he has no choice," he said. "I'm sure with that Jaemin's brother and cousin's pack wouldn't object to it either," he said. "The mutts and the others can take care of them selves I'm sure," said Daeyeol.

"Also, Chan," said Moonbin. "Jun's brother," he added. "We can't leave family behind," he said. "I understand," said Daeyeol. "I'll let them know," he said. "Wooseok and Seungwoo can take care of themselves I'm sure," said Moonbin. "Same with the others, but that's all we're willing to take in," he said.

"What will happen to Dragon Enterprises?" Asked Daeyeol. "I don't know," said Moonbin. "But be prepared to have another bank account ready," he said. "It's a good thing most of my money is in one of Kyuhyun's banks," hummed Daeyeol. "I have all my money in a bank here in Berlin," said Bomin. "I'm good," he added.

"Be careful in Toronto," said Moonbin. "We'll try," said Daeyeol. Bomin nodded in agreement and Moonbin handed them their passports and plane tickets. Daeyeol and Bomin turned around and left the coffee shop, heading straight to the airport.

 

~



"What a strange thing to happen," said Daeyeol as he stared out at the plane that would take them to Toronto. "Why did they have to do this now of all times?" He asked.

"A shift in power could've happened at anytime," said Bomin. "But for all four generals to go their separate ways? Something big must've happened," he hummed.

"Like what happened with you?" Asked Daeyeol as he turned to Bomin. Bomin scoffed. "That's different," he said. "Not too much different, but still different," he said, looking down at the necklace that hung loosely around his neck.

"You said you've only seen one with all nine tails before," said Daeyeol as he lifted his hand to examine the ring on his finger. "And yet, you used to have all 9 at some point," he said. "What did you do to even warrant someone deciding to chop off all but one of your tails?" He asked.

"That's none of your business," growled Bomin. "I'm not gonna push it," said Daeyeol as he let his hand drop to his side. "Tell me when you're ready to," he said. Bomin nodded, letting out a sigh as he looked down.