002

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

𝐻𝑎𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛

          I wasn't hungry at all but after Mr. Park mentioned that it wasn't good to skip your meals, I suddenly wanted to eat. I walked around the school to find my way to the cafeteria, the only place that I do not intend on going. But I had to eat lunch, I needed to. I took a deep breath as I was now holding the door knob of the said place. I suddenly felt nervous, I was about to twist it open but I did the most stupid thing ever.

I backed out and ran.

           Yup, I ran away from that place. I didn't know why I can't do it. Normal people would think that running away from the cafeteria would be the weirdest thing a person could do. I mean, it's just the cafeteria, what's the harm in there? I myself couldn't answer that question. Because of my mindless thoughts of how stupid I am right now, I hell don't know where I was going. My legs were taking me to who knows where and I couldn't careless because I was too stressed out and hungry and soon, I ended up in a place where no one usually goes to.

The School's Green House.

           They say the green house isn't the type of place to hang out. I once heard some students say that it smells like dead animals in here. But no, it didn't even show any scent of that. The green house was absolutely amazing. All the flowers are showing its brightest colors, the birds are chirping as it was following the sound of the wind, and the butterflies are flying around with their colorful wings. Everything in here was wonderful. I now found my peace of heaven; and I can stay here as much as I want.

           My stomach then began to rumble, totally forgetting that I needed to eat but I didn't want to go back in that horror place. I don't belong there, even an inch.

           Rustle of noises from behind me had caught my attention, I clearly remember that I came here alone and I know that I am alone. But without more of hesitation, I turned around and the next thing I know, I saw a tiny lunch box with a sider drink beside it. They were on the floor. I looked around hoping someone dropped it on the way here, probably the gardener.

           "Hello? Is anyone here? I think you left your lunch!" I said loudly hoping anyone could here. I don't usually shout, let alone talk. So it would be shocking enough if someone were here to see me shout or talk right now.

          I went near the box and carefully carried it on my hands. Once I lifted it, a note slipped out and fell on the ground. I picked it up and saw that it had my name written on the small white envelope.

          "This is weird." I mumbled as I gently placed the box on the bench that was located at the side of the green house.

          I opened the envelope and saw a hand written letter inside it. "Should I? I mean, I'm not the only Yoo Haemin in this world right? But I can remember clearly that I'm the only Yoo Haemin in this school." I mumbled the last part. Being the most curious human being that I was, I read the letter.

Haemin.

I saw you earlier back at the cafeteria, you don't have to be afraid you know. I know you're hungry right now because your stomach keeps on grumbling. So I followed you here, hoping I can give you this lunch box and the sider drink. Eat well; please take care of your health.

          It was weird since there weren't any indication as it to whom it was from, just my name and odd words scribbled down, I honestly don't know what to do. The thought of someone actually lending me lunch is quite weird. I don't even know this person, I wouldn't know if this person had placed poison in it too. I shouldn't trust anyone that easily but my heart was saying the other thing. I don't know why it was beating in weird ways that I couldn't even understand.

           So, what I did was just leave the lunch box and drink there and hurriedly went to my next class since the bell already rang. I don't know why I suddenly felt guilty. I know that, that person was just trying to help me but I can't just trust anyone that easily.

I just can't.

 

          After that little mysterious moment back at the green house, I finally arrived at the Science lab where I would have my Science class. Everyone was seated with their partners except me. Our class has a total of 39 students inside, that's why I don't have a partner, our class isn't even. Even if it was even, I wouldn't want to partner up with anybody. I was seated at the back most of the classroom, as usual, where it isolates from everyone.

Why am I like this? Why don't I have friends? Why wasn't I gifted with one? At least one that is.

          I'm being melodramatic again. I shrugged the thought of having no friends away and focused on the unfamiliar person who came inside the room. He has jet black hair and a sharp jawline; his was quite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter