017

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haemin

"And therefore, our hypothesis in this said study...is wrong"

          I'm here in my desk, lazily slumping down on my table as the class continued to listen to Jungkook’s discussion about how to prove the right formula. It wasn't that hard though, all you need to do is just to follow those easy and quick steps and then you're done. But still, I felt like it was hard to do so. But whatever, I live beside the science teacher, how hard can it get?

          The school bell had rung, indicating that it was already music class and Taehyung is probably in the classroom by now. I saw the others start to pack their stuffs as I did the same too, a little bit slower this time since going out with the crowed was the least of what I wanted to do. I then saw Jungkook at the side of my vision, smiling at me as I felt a bit awkward.

          I admit that I did have this kind of feeling towards the guys. The way they treat me, it makes me happy. Denying the fact that I’m clearly in love with them would be wrong. In fact, I really am in love with them but if you put it in another person's perspective, that’s just ful of me to do. In this world, it’s a shame to love two people at the same time, what more if they were seven of them?

          I shrugged the thought away as I focused on getting my things packed. After I was done, I slowly made my way to the door as I hugged my books closer to my chest. But before I could really get out of room, I stopped and looked at Jungkook and saw him still smiling at me. I smiled back at him, giving him a light wave before I made it out of the classroom.

          I made my way to the music room where Taehyung was probably waiting for my class to arrive, walking silently in the empty hallway. Once I arrived there, I noticed that Taehyung wasn't there yet. He was usually there when I arrive, but this time was different. I wonder where he is. He's probably late or something. Normal people have their flaws too you know, it's not like they're some kind of supernatural being who's so perfect who can't even be late for something.

          Minutes passed and still, Taehyung isn't here yet. I started to get curious and worried at the same time, what can possibly pull him this long? As I got up from my seat and made my way out of the classroom, not bothering the protesting complaints the class president had yelled at me, as well as Sunghoon trying to ask me if where I was going. I walked along the hallways and noticed how silent it was compared earlier before I came in.

          "That's weird. It's usually loud at a time like this." I mumbled but shrugged the thought away as I kept walking to where my feet were going to take me. Looking from right to left, I noticed that I was already in one the quietest areas in the school. I realized I ended up in the school's rooftop, I decided to go there for a while, to breathe in the fresh air that I was craving for.

          Once I had arrived, I felt the cold breeze hit my face, smiling at how comforting it felt, even though it was cold. I looked around and noticed that it was empty, seeing that I was all alone in the said area. The wind wasn’t that strong and the street the front view had stayed busy as ever. I looked around even more, noticing how the floor was decorated with dead leaves. Looks like the janitor didn’t have time to clean up this place.

          I was about to leave when I heard weird grunts from behind, sending out cold shivers down my spine. It was like a low growl, it didn’t sound human at all, and it was more cannibalistic. I thought of the possible scenarios there is if ever I decided to turn around. Biting down on my bottom lip, I made my decision. I slowly turned around, my fist clutching against my palm as my knuckles slowly turned white.

          But before I could fully turn around, I was cut off when something pinned me down to the ground. "Argh…" I let out a low groan, feeling how hard I had hit the floor.

          I looked at what had tackled me down and noticed that it was a man. A man whom I couldn’t get as to who it was, making the hair rise against my arms. I couldn't see his face at all, feeling the hot breathes he had sent on my pale neck. "Y-You smell...s-sweet." I heard him huskily say, making me shiver under him even more. Everything this man was doing, it’s really having a big effect on me. I couldn’t seem to move, it was like my body was paralyzed under his strong hold.

          "G-Get off of me!" I tried prying him off of me but I just couldn’t, he was too strong for a petite girl like me. "I...w-want you." He moaned against my neck which made me shiver even more than I had felt before. What did he mean by that? But all I know was, he wanted something that I couldn’t possibly just give him.

          I closed my eyes waiting for something to happen but after minutes of waiting, nothing did. I immediately opened my eyes and noticed that nothing was on top of me anymore. I sat up and looked around the empty rooftop, noticing that I was alone yet again. I touched my racing heart and let out some short breathes, realizing that I had stopped breathing the moment he had touched my delicate neck.

          "Who was that?" I mumbled shakily before standing up to go back to my music class, hoping Taehyung had finally arrived. But a situation like that can never be forgotten, never be.

 

Hoseok

          As usual, I'm here sitting on my desk inside the clinic, sorting out papers that were obviously some health files of the students in this school. I was jotting down notes when suddenly I huge bang on the door made me flinch.

          I looked in front and saw a man in black on the floor near the closed door. I rushed towards the man and brought him up a little bit, revealing my worn-out friend, Kim Taehyung. "Yah! Taehyung-ah, what’s wrong?" I shook him gently as I felt him grunt silently. "B-Blood hyung...I n-need blood…" He was able to murmur under his poor condition, he's craving for blood.

          When was the last time we had ever gone hunting, a month? Well that's too long for Taehyung to endure. I sighed before I loosened my necktie a little bit, slowly ed the two buttons of my polo shirt then brought Taehyung's face closer to my neck. "Drink." I simply told him and without a hear beat, I felt his fangs sink in, wincing slightly in pain but then was overshadowed by weakness.

          I suddenly felt numb, vampire feels weaker too when they let someone drink their blood. It's not only humans who feel this way. My arms around Taehyung suddenly became loosen as I felt my eyelids close. But I know I need to be stronger, I can't just collapse leaving a blood thirsty little friends to handle the clinic all by himself while I'm unconscious. I gripped on Taehyung's shirt then felt him pull away; I looked at him weakly then saw him wipe the blood off his mouth, them clean with his tongue after.

          "Thanks hyung, I needed that." He stood up as I still felt very numb, kneeling there in the clinics floor,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter