008

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haemin

          After I was done with my last subject in the morning, I made my way out of the classroom after having a small talk with Mr. Park. While I was walking down the empty hallway, making my way to the green house, I suddenly remembered what had Sunoo said to me earlier, something about me having lunch with them. I shook my head; probably it was just another joke or something.

          When I passed by the janitor’s closet, my senses were too slow and I was too distracted to even noticed that my wrist were in someone's hold. The force pulling me back and the next thing I knew, I heard the door click and everything around me was dark. Feeling something on my mouth, my eyes widen as soon as I realized that I was held captured inside the janitor’s closet. Everything was quiet until I heard some girls talking very loudly, passing by the said area.

 

"Yah! What did you say they disappeared?"

"When we were about to stalk them, they all disappeared all of a sudden; completely gone. They're not in the cafeteria too."

"Where could they have gone?"

 

          When they were gone, it was quiet again. Who even disappeared? Not that I care but I was just curious. I didn't even notice that there was still someone behind me who was covering my mouth. I then turned around only to be face to face with a smiling dork. "Yah! Didn't I tell you to wait for me outside your classroom? Why did you leave?" He asked.

         I only blinked at him, making him sigh at my reaction. "Never mind. Come on, the guys are waiting for us." He said as he held my wrist, pulling me to the way to where the others were. I smiled while looking at Sunoo, he was really one charming friend to be around. Even if he can't be serious all the time, he still has time to think and make good decisions. Well, that's what his fan girls had said.

 

         We made our way to a familiar path then stopped at the site of my so called heavenly place, the Green House. "Come on! They're inside." He smiled then pulled me inside. I never knew they would know this place, I thought only me and the staff would know this place existed. I was happy that they knew it too. Once we were inside, I saw the guys sitting down on the ground as a cloth was keeping them clean from underneath where they sat. Then I saw the set of food that was gathered, they were homemade meals. It was a beautiful picnic view in front of me and seven handsome boys sitting beside it.

          "Why are you just standing there, Haemin? Come here and eat!" Jake pulled me down to sit beside him and took some food. He got his chopsticks then opened his lunch box revealing a well-made bento lunch.

          My eyes sparkled at the site of the cute pink pigs. I stared at it before I heard Jake spoke, "Do you want some Haemin?" He asked. I looked at him before clearing my throat and shyly nodding my head. He got some using his chopsticks then placed the chopsticks in front of my mouth "Say ah!" He said while opening his mouth, I looked at him before I opened my mouth to eat, chewing on the food slowly as they all stared at me with a smile on my face.

          "Stop being so melodramatic Jay." Heeseung said while rolling his eyes then looked at me, he probably saw how Jay had wiped a non-existent tear while looking at me, I noticed it too. "Do you like the food Haemin?" He asked as the others waited for my reply. I nodded. "That’s good to hear. Sunghoon and I actually cooked all of this for you, we are happy that you like it." Heeseung said with a big smile on his face as the he gave me a gentle gaze, reaching out to pat my head as I nod my head at him, still not letting any emotion show on my face when in truth; I was happy.

          Maybe Sunghoon isn’t really the one for me. Maybe, someone out there was just waiting for me to appear in his life. I mean, considering that he only looks at me no less or more than a friend, I’m still happy of the thought that someone actually wanted me to be in their life. It’s either confessing to him that I like him and he’ll run away or stay quite while I silently move on from this torturous heart break, at least he’ll be by my side throughout that whole journey right? Then I’m fine.

          While I was happily eating my food, Jungwon suddenly spoke making every one of us look at him. "Do you know why we’re doing this to you Haemin noona?" He asked me as every one of them smiled at Jungwon’s starting question. I shook my head, not knowing why they did all of this for me. "It’s because we grew fond of you noona. When we first saw you, we thought you were just the same as the other girls. Those girls who would scream every time we step foot in the campus or those girls who wears make up just to impress us. But we were wrong, you were nothing like them. We kept an eye on you since the first day of class, I hope you don't mind. Every day you would look all gloomy and sad, you were the most fragile girl we have ever seen in our entire life and we had this feeling of taking care of you, protecting you and I really hope that you would let us." He said while the others nodded at his explanation.

         I was looking down, obviously feeling touched at what he had said. I didn’t know they were eyeing me the whole time, I didn’t know they cared so much for me. I was very happy, happy knowing the fact that they loved and cared for me. I looked at each and every one of them before giving a small but sincere smile I have ever given a person.

          "Thank you, for everything.” I said while looking at them. They smiled back as Niki held my hand, "You are going to be okay from now on, alright?" He asked as I nodded.

They all smiled at me before continuing on eating their lunch. They really were the best friends you could ever have. 

 

Jungkook

          This morning was a bit tiring as I was handling the most chaotic class ever. If only I could use my vampire powers, then it wouldn't be this hard. At least lunch made me feel a lot better, I guess. I was seated at my table, waiting for the school bell to ring for my first class to come in, a class where Haemin is in.

          I would probably be lying if I say I wasn't nervous, I was very. I looked at my watch and saw that we only have 5 more minutes before the school bell would ring. And when it did, I was getting sweatier and sweatier. I was seriously and honestly having an anxiety-attack.

          When the door of the classroom opened, it revealed my students piling outside waiting for them to come in. I smiled at each and every one of them as they came in, but I was waiting for Haemin's presence. I looked around and saw that everyone was now seated at their respective seats, but Haemin's chair was empty. I looked back at the door again and saw that it was close. I waited for a little while but, she never came. I sighed in defeat then face my class, who were obviously waiting for me to speak up.

           "Today, we're going to be doi   " I was suddenly cut off when the door of the classroom immediately opened, revealing a sweaty Haemin. She looked like she came from a running fit, but her expression was saying the other thing. Where can she have gone that made her late for class? It's just lunch time right? Then I remembered. Anything can happen during lunch, that's a free time, a free time where students would get to go out of school in one hour and thirty minutes just to eat lunch wherever they like. I guess she was late because of that.

         She bowed at me, before making her way to her seat. While I was discussing the latest lesson that we had, I kept on stealing glances at Haemin, burying her head on her table, not giving a damn about what I'm discussing in front. As the discussion went short, I told the class that we were going to have a number game. It's a game were everyone in class should say at least one number at a time, without anybody saying it at the same time. I explained the mechanics to them and saw that they already knew how the game goes, that was easy.

         "I would just ring this bell, signaling for you guys to start. But to make the game challenging, I want all of you to place your face on top of your table for you not see who said the number. Follow your instinct. Good luck!" I said as everyone cheered in excitement. Before I was about to ring the bell, I took a glance at Haemin who had her face buried inside her arms. How am I supposed to know if she's really our princess?

 

DING

 

          I rang the bell, signaling for the game to start. When the game started, everyone was laughing at their mistakes and I did too. While everyone mastered which number what they were going to say, it finally came to the part where everyone had said their own number, well except for her. I leaned back on my chair, wondering if she will ever speak up. Everyone turn quiet as they waited at who would say the next number. 

39.

          I sighed then spoke up. "Congratulations! You all did well!" I cheered for them as they returned it with an awkward applause. I looked at my watch, seeing that it was already time. I stood up, telling the students to not forget about the homework I told them to do, then I waved them goodbye.

          Easy and slowly, everyone disappeared from my site. I was about to leave the room when I realized someone was still inside. I turn my head around and noticed a sleeping figure, seated quietly at the back corner of the room. I chuckled at the site; it wasn't unusual for a student to suddenly sleep when a game is being played. I guess.

           I went to her as slowly as possible, not trying to shock her from my sudden appearance. I nudge her gently, not being too harsh when I shook her. "Haemin, wake up." I whispered quietly.

          She slightly moved as she looked the other way, still engrossed in her sleep. I dragged a chair beside her, watching how she sleeps. Yeah, she does have those small features that look exactly like the late Queen, but how would I know if she had the abilities like her father? I don't know, can Taehyung be right? Is she really our long lost princess?

          While I was in deep thoughts, I suddenly heard a mumble. I looked at Haemin, seeing how her eyes were shot forcefully while was a bit twitching. I wonder what she's dreaming about, is this bad one? I was about to really shook her to wake up, when I heard something quit odd.

 

"Mom"

 

           She spoke. Her voice is so, nice and gentle. Why

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter