009

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin

         I was walking towards the parking lot where my vehicle was parked. It was already dismissal time and the guys told me they were going on ahead since I was probably going to be the last one to be out. Earlier's events were torturing and good thing Hoseok was the only one in the infirmary, so I asked a little bit help from him. Once I arrived at the parking lot, I saw my motorbike parking there alone because the others already had left. I mount on my motorcycle as I the engine. Once I put on my helmet, I started driving.

         When I passed by a place where couples would stroll around, kids would play tag or hide and seek, and where an ice cream stand would usually be seen; the park, I slower down my pace as I stared at the park for a bit, smiling at the view of smiling faces. I stared at the ice cream stand for a while, and then looked forward to start driving again. But then I saw a familiar figure walking ahead with her head bent down. I smiled, speeding up my vehicle a bit to catch up with her.

          The minute I was already beside her, I swiftly grabbed her wrist. Because she was so slow on walking, I was able to make my move. She looked at me with wide eyes, probably scared that a stranger with a big bike wearing a helmet suddenly grabbed her wrist. I probably looked like a kidnapper right now, or a creep, so without letting her go, I swiftly took off my helmet letting her see myself. Once she saw me, I felt her softened a bit.

          I chuckled at her reaction then I asked, "Are you going home?" She then nodded, I nodded my head too. I let go of her wrist then pointed behind me. "Hop on, I'm going home too." I said but then she shook her head then started walking again, hugging her books more closely to her chest. I chuckled at the scene then I said "Okay, suite yourself." I then drove fast by her, seeing her duck her head more lower in the side mirror, I smirked.

          One I arrived home, I parked my motorcycle immediately in the lot before speeding my way, using my vampire powers, to where Haemin is probably still at. Few blocks away, I spotted her figure walking. I saw a tree not so nearby as I used my super speed to hide behind it. She walked passed me but then something dropped, making her look at my direction. Just before she could see my figure, I hid myself behind the tree as I stiffen on my place. I took a small peek, seeing her bent down on her knees, looking at something on the ground.

          She was caressing something in her palm, it was a little flightless bird. It must've fell from its nest after attempting to fly, poor thing. I looked at her one more time; then a soft voice echoed in my ear and into my beating heart. It was beautiful and soothing at the same time. Something deep inside suddenly clenched as I slowly reached out to grab a hold of my shirt on the chest, shutting my eyes close before I felt my breath hitch.

          This was the effect on going through the whole ritual alone, it was painful yet contenting. I hated how I’m always getting this kind of pain whenever I think about my lunar. The pounding of my head began to increase as I bit on my bottom lip, feeling my fangs puncturing on its lumpiness before I felt my own blood run down my chin. My eyes blood shot as I gazed at the girl in front of me, her bare neck was all I can see.

 

"Are you okay? It’s going to be alright, I’ll take care of you."

 

          She had a heart of gold, she was very pure. She was beautiful, very beautiful, and I knew it 28 years ago that she was going to harbor such character. "We'll find her soon, hyung. She's just here, she's not that far." Jungkook's words rang in my ear as I looked at the latter walking back to her house. Without a doubt, I know Haemin was the princess, I can feel it in my bones but I couldn’t tell the others that quickly, they might think I’m insane or what not nor was I risking my own secrecy about what I had done to the princess before she was even born.

 

I found my lunar, and I’m not letting her go.

 

Haemin

          I looked up at the clock and noticed that it was already 2 in the afternoon. What am I supposed to do in this prison? I stood up, went upstairs to change into some casual clothing then went out of my house to go to the Mall, I could probably buy a new phone since I lost mine not so long ago.

          Once I was outside, I heard the sound of sprinklers running. I looked to my left and saw someone had their back facing me, sprinkling some plants. I noticed all the plants in their yard looked nice; they all looked like they were taken cared of pretty well. When I opened my gate—it suddenly made a creaking sound—making the person who was sprinkling the plants turn around and look at me. I ignored him since I didn't really want to talk, so I continued on locking the gates before walking pass him, but ignoring him was a failure because I suddenly felt someone grabbing my wrist, making me look at him.

          "Haemin, hello." He smiled, still holding my wrist. I felt him let go of it then saw him placed both of his hands inside his pocket "Where are you going?" He asked. I was about to walk away, trying to ignore him again but then he spoke again. "Stay safe then." He said before turning his way back in his house. I looked back and stared at their house for a second before making my way to the bus stop.

         But then I thought of something weird, if he was just watering the plants that were located away from the side walk, then how did he manage to grab my wrist without even making a sound? I didn't even hear him walk towards me. If he ran, then I would have heard his running foot steps back then.

I shrugged the thought away when the bus finally arrived, making me step inside afterwards.

 

Narrator

"This is so boring."

 

           Someone exclaimed as he slumped down on the ground from total boredom, "I know Jungkook, I know." Seokjin said as he stared blankly in space while sitting at the couch. "Why don't we go hunting?" Jimin asked, making Jungkook look up at their leader with glitters in his eyes. Namjoon then got out from his trance then looked at Hoseok, then back at Jimin. "We just hunted two days ago, that’s enough right?" As the leader, he knew what they can do and what they can't. And hunting now was part of the second option, unfortunately.

          "Then what do we do? Go to the mall?" Hoseok said jokingly but he didn't know that he had point out an idea. "That's actually not a bad idea, Seok." Yoongi said as he went out from the kitchen with a cup of red substance, blood.

          "Now what? Let's go?" Seokjin asked as everyone nodded their heads then went upstairs to go change into their casual clothes. And of course, they all used their vampire speed to not waste time. Some of them were done but some of them were still changing, especially Hoseok. "Yah! Jung Hoseok! Stop hogging the mirror and let's go!" Yoongi barked making the latter appear beside him in less than 10 seconds. While Taehyung was busy fixing his jacket at the door, he suddenly got a shock when Jimin suddenly appeared right next to him.

           Taehyung calmed down then fixed his jacket more until Jimin spoke. "How are the plants?" Jimin asked while he was putting on his shoes "They're watered, why?" Taehyung replied then looked at the latter, debating whether or not the dude beside him is doubting his watering skills. "Nothing, but what did you do after that?" Jimin asked—in a somewhat—playful tone. Taehyung blushed a shade of red until he looked away, "I talked with Haemin. Yah, stop looking at me like that.” Taehyung pouted as he stuttered all the way. Jimin laughed at his awkwardness as Taehyung pouted even more. "I saw it Tae, you don't have to be awkward.” Jimin patted Taehyung's shoulder then walked away chuckling, receiving a cold glare by the pouting latter.

          Once they were all done, they all went to their own vehicles and started their engines after. When they knew that all of them were already starting, they drove their way to the mall.

 

          They arrived at the parking lot not so long after; they immediately parked their vehicles beside each other, making their way to the entrance. Once they first step foot in the mall, they already stole the attention of everyone in the said place; especially the ladies. They walked together and if you imagine it, they were like models walking on a runway.

          They ignored the stares of the ladies since they wouldn’t want to involve such activities with anyone at the moment, not when they had a planet to save in mind. When they were finally in the middle of the mall, Namjoon looked at every one of them. "Okay! Since we're already here, where do we go first?" He asked. After he said the question, he was immediately bombarded with answers.

 

"Let's go to the arcade."

"The bookstore sounds nice."

"How about the cafe?"

"Let's go to a music store."

"How about the department store?"

"I'll go wherever you guys go."

"The Karaoke?"

 

When everyone was making a ruckus, suddenly gaining looks from people passing by, Namjoon felt a bit embarrassed. "Guys"

 

"No! Come on! The arcade sounds fun."

"A cafe is more peaceful."

"I'm really hungry now."

"Guys"

"Karaoke makes my voice go better, let's go there."

"The bowling alley might be fun too."

"A want to read books."

 

"Guys"

 

"Let's buy clothes."

"Jung Hoseok! You have a lot of clothes now!"

"Not enough."

"Let's just go to the cafe."

 

          "GUYS!" Namjoon screamed louder and it was enough for the others to shut up. They all stared at their fuming leader as they bowed at him, knowing that he can get really scary when once pissed. Namjoon then cleared his throat, calming down before speaking. "If you guys have different paths, you may do it alone or by pair, whatever you guys want. Let's just meet each other here, alright?" He asked in a leader-like tone.

         They all nodded, telling that they understood. When they were about to turn around to walk on different paths, they suddenly smelled a familiar scent. It was the scent of Raspberries mixed with Lavender and sure enough, there was only one person they know who owns that particular scent. They all turned their head to the direction of where the scent can be picked up to its highest and when they did, they saw the person they have been looking for, walking alone entering the department store. They all stared at each other then thought of the same idea.

 

"Change of plans"

 

          They all stared at each other then suddenly had the same thought in mind. When it comes to royalty missions such as finding the princess and bringing her safe back home, their determination was at its highest level. Twisting their heads, giving each other a stern look before    

 

"Rocks!"

"Papers!"

"Scissors!"

"Shoot!"

"Ahh, seriously?!"

"Rocks!"

"Papers!"

"Scissors!"

"Shoot!"

"Oh, come on!"

 

         "It looks like I'll be going first." Jungkook said adding a little of a victory smile, showing his friends that he was extremely joyful for winning, even though the thought of being with the creepy girl first was slowly making him nervous. They all had thought of the same thing actually, evidence was all it took to prove that she was the princess. But what’s more fun than having the thought of being close to her first, and then let her spill her beans of secrecy.

 

"Bye guys!"

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook! 30 minutes tops."

"Yes sir!"

 

Jungkook

          Once I arrived at the Department Store, I immediately searched for Haemin. I picked up her scent and knew that she was a bit far, so I went deeper in the store. When I was already in the middle, her scent became strong. I looked around to my left, right, fron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter