001

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

𝐻𝑎𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛

           "Urgh.." I groaned in bed as soon as I was forced to wake up at the sound of ringing music. My eye lids fluttered, adjusting to the light from the sun shining against my window pane; I sat up. 

           My life would be an utter poor excuse of a beautiful course. Hard work and effort are two of the main factors in my everyday living. You see, I wasn't born with a gift of happiness and bliss that everyone had received. Of course I had happy times as a kid but that was before my parents died. 

           They were the only source of my happiness and just like that, they were gone. I didn't understand why life would be so cruel in most ways, it was like a silent judgment to my none existent death.

          The only thing that I have now is my name, theoretically speaking. Living alone could be hard, I fund with my own needs ever since I was nine. My neighbors only told me that both of my parents died because of a car accident when I was waiting for them to pick me up at school.

          As for money? That's none of my problem. I've been given a full time scholarship by the school when I became a freshman in high school and so, I don't have to pay for the school's tuition. As for food, I only get money from my parent's bank account. I never knew they were saving quite an amount when they were still alive. But of course, I wasn't dependent on it.

          I then let out a low sigh, shaking my head before releasing myself from the downfall of the thoughts that I had garnered.

           I quickly stood up from my bed and did my every day morning routine, and that is to prepare for school. When I was done, I grabbed the keys of the house and turned off all the appliances to conserve the electricity and made sure I didn't leave anything on. Everything was all checked, so I left my house and let out a soft air before locking the door.

            Right when I locked the gate, I was surprised to see four nicely washed, expensive looking cars and three big, shiny motor bikes parked in front of the old, big house next to mine. No one lives there anymore since the owner of that house died when I was 2 years old. The people in the neighborhood said the owner was murdered when someone broke into his house; he was a doctor as I have heard.

          I then remembered that I was running out of time so I ran towards the bus stop to go to school, the thought of having people living in that old house left my mind as the thought of school was occupying it all. When I arrived at Cheongdam International Institute, my pace became slower as my heartbeat was now gradually increasing every time I made a step forward. School wasn't a hustle for me, yet it was a big problem.

           Especially when he's around. At the thought of him, my heart began to increase its beating. I ran towards my locker to get my things and right when I was done, the screaming of annoying squeaking idiots occupied my line of hearing, and that was the start of my annoying life in school.

 

"Oppas! We made you chocolates today!"

"They are so cute!"

"Oppa, will you marry me?"

"Thank you but I don't think that's possible, I'm sorry."

"Oh my gosh! Oppa just talked to me!"

 

           And there he was, smiling at every girl surrounding him. Yup, I may be one of those girls who would fall head over heels for them but I was certainly not one of those who would shout their names at the top of their lungs and ask their hand in marriage. I had a brain and surely everyone does, they just don't know how to use it sometimes.

Dugun dugun dugun

            And there goes my annoying mister heart.

 

 

          I swiftly arrived at my classroom and silently made my way to my seat at the back most corner of the room where it isolates from everyone; near the window. As usual, I would stare blankly outside the transparent glass and daydream of how my life would look like if I were a ghost. I know this sudden thought is quite stupid, right? But I too have my own flaws. My social life here isn't really that good compared to the others. Everyone had their own little group to joke around or throw stuffs at every time the teacher turns to write something on the board.

          I had no friends; I never tried having one either. I never knew what it felt like to have one nor have someone to smile at. Ever since my family's gone I am nothing but an expressionless robot going to school.

          Just as the school bell rang, everyone went back to their seats to wait for our adviser to come.

          Our teacher hasn't arrived yet, making everyone feel at ease a bit. I was about to place my earphones on my head but was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I turned to my left, being greeted by a girl with big shiny, doe eyes and pretty wavy, long hair. She was indeed the definition of perfection.

          Then I soon recognize her as the school's sweetheart. She wasn't just an ordinary popular girl to begin with like most o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter