019

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung

          "This is nice to be home." I said as I let my body collapse on my old room's bed. How I missed this comfort zone. It has been, I don't know, thirteen years now since I last slept on this? I even had overgrown it.

 

"Okay! Now let me get this straight. You guys are vampires and this planet happens to be a Vampire World? And you guys are the Knights?"

"Yes, Kim Sunoo. Do we have to explain it to you like a hundred times?

"Oh Jesus Christ, I still want to live!"

"Oh gosh! Stop overreacting! We aren’t going to kill you!"

 

         I rolled my eyes at the three bickering maniacs, in courtesy of Jimin, Jungkook and Sunoo, then covered my face with a random book that I used to own back when I was still a hundred years old. "What are we still doing here anyway? I mean, we met the King and the professor now and they're all happy." Seokjin hyung was right, why are we still lounging here anyway? "Hyung's right, we should probably go." Yoongi said as we all made our way out of the door.

          We all were about to go out until I stopped on my tracks and looked at the younger boys with a raised brow. "What are you guys doing?" I asked them.

          "What do you mean? We're going out to find Haemin, right?" Heeseung asked. "We? You guys can't go with us." I told them, crossing my arms as I shake my head. "And why not?" Seriously, I hate it when he whines like that. "Heeseung-ah, it's going to be dangerous if you guys come along. You're humans remember? So I think it's best if you guys stay here." I said to them. They were about to protest when Jungwon stopped them. "You guys are right; make sure you bring her back soon. Who knows where she is right now."

"Yeah, who knows.” I suddenly thought to myself.

 

Haemin

          "What is this place?" I asked, looking around the not-so dark looking room. It was a big and spacious place but it was occupied with stuffs that I didn't know existed. "This is the basement. I usually sit here every time I want to be alone; it’s mostly when I feel upset." Sehun explained, nodding my head in understanding.

          "Hey. What's that?" I asked, pointing at something big that was covered with a cloth. "Oh, that's uh—nothing." He rubbed the back of his neck, moving in front of me as he had blocked my view of the clothed item. "But anyway, let's move on shall we?" He ignored my protest but then I stopped, who was I to force him on telling? No one, I’m no one.

          “Say, are you always upset?” I asked as soon as we both sat down on the small bench situated at the very back of the room, leaning back comfortable as I looked up at the latter beside me. “Well, not all the time. But if I do, I’d just come up here and let out all the frustrations. And slowly, it’ll just die down like nothing ever happened.” He explained as I slowly nodded my head, clicking my tongue as I thought of another question. “So, you guys are royalty?” He looked back at me, raising a brow as if I had asked the weirdest question. What can I say? Weird is a virus.

          “So?” I rolled my eyes playfully at him, releasing out a laugh as I shook my head. “It’s nothing really; it’s just a first for me. I mean, back home at Earth we usually don’t live with royalties surrounding us. All we have there is s, teachers, annoying traffic enforcers, ad rowdy old people who yells at the side of the streets.” I rolled my eyes again and this time, it was his time to let out a laugh. “Rowdy old people, eh?” I nodded my head, shaking my head at the information. “They’re quite famous.” I looked back up at him, seeing him laugh again.

          “Well, sad to say you’ll be seeing more of them in here.” He laughed even more before I let out a low sigh “Damn.” I brought my knees up to my chest as I rested my chin on top of it. “Don’t worry, they’re nothing but harmless.” He said reassuringly as I nodded my head at him.

          Maybe this place wasn’t that bad at all, maybe they weren’t that bad at all. “Haemin.” I called out my name as I continued to look in front, hugging my knees even closer to me. “Excuse me?” I felt him look down at me again, slowly looking back at him as I saw his confused gaze, I then gave him a genuine smile. 

“My name is Haemin.”

 

          I can feel that today was going to be a beautiful Sunday morning, where I can hear the birds chirping and new flowers blooming. The ocean would be as clear as the morning glow would add more sparkle against its clear water. The sky would be as clear as baby blue as the birds would fly freely up in the air, chasing each other’s little wings. But I will never forget my wonder time al—

"Haemin, wake up!"

          Then all those beautiful imaginations had been crumbled down by the most annoying voice I had ever heard ever since I step foot in this damn planet. My back was suddenly patted vigorously as it gave me a little shock from the sudden impact. I slowly opened my eyes a little bit to see who the culprit was but then covered it again with an annoyed groan.

          "Go away, Jongin." I mumbled on the pillow, burying my head deeper in it as I ignored the protesting latter. "Don't be such a kill joy. Come on! We need to go somewhere!" He pulled on my arm this time, successfully waking me up. I sent him another glare before letting my body fall completely on the comfort zone—the bed.

          "Don't make me call the hyungs." I heard him warn as he crossed his arms over his chest as I only scoffed at him, covering myself with the duvet. "Go ahead. Call the others, it won't make a difference anyway." I replied, not letting myself be affected by his little and scare less warning. "Okay, whatever you say." He said before I heard him run along out of the door to who knows where.

          "Finally" I mumbled under my breath as relief overshadowed my whole system. Yup, I was still here, in the castle. A castle located in one kingdom, Saraillah, having the Kingdom in one planet, Aereth. I know, it's hard to believe right? I mean another planet that looks a lot like Earth but was infested with supernatural creatures that we humans didn't know ever existed.

          It has been three month now, actually. Same old people, same old annoying vampire princeses. Three months since the last time I have ever seen home and probably the last time since I last saw them. "Yoo Haemin!" My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when I felt the weight on my back increased, immediately groaning as I felt it increasing making me sink on the bed even more. My lungs tightened a bit as I let out short breaths from my mouth, clenching my fist as my knuckles turned white.

 

"Yah! GET OFF OF ME!"

"Not until you get out of bed."

"See, I told you I'd call the hyungs."

"Shut up Jongin! Guys, just go away!"

"Not until you say yes."

"Okay, okay! Fine, fine! Now get off!"

 

          After that, I felt their bodies no longer contacted with mine, which was a total relief. I gently sat up from the bed, twisting my small body as I let out a glare at the snickering culprits. "Damn, you guys are not light at all." I rolled my eyes at them as I reached out to massage my aching neck.

          "Sorry." They dumbly sang together before exiting the room. I rolled my eyes at them again then stood up to go to the bathroom. Right when I got there, I saw a dress hung near the door, I started to grimace. I mean, I know I'm in a Kingdom and all but, can't I just wear a shirt and a pair of jeans like what humans usually wears? Wait, I forgot that they aren't even human at all, never mind that.

          Getting myself out of the night gown, I slid my way down the bathtub as I let myself drown in comfort. I admit, it's been a while since I last lay on a bathtub. I usually use the showers since it's more beneficial and affective. Bathtubs, it’s just like showering in your own germs. After I was done, I immediately changed into the dress then got out from the red velvet colored room. I looked from my left to right to see if the guys were waiting for me outside, but much to my dismay, no soul was present in that area.

          I let out a soft sigh before making my way grumpily downstairs where I have to pass by a lot of maids. Even though bowing is a good sign of respect, I must say, it's tiring and burdensome. 

"You're here"

           My head shot up to the side seeing the idiots waving at me. "Okay, here I am and now what?" I raised a brow at them, waiting for a reply to be said and done. But nothing came. Instead of receiving a reply said by words, Sehun pulled me by the wrist as he led me outside the castle.

          "Where are we going?" I asked him as I twisted my wrist a bit since he was gripping too tight and it pained me. "Oops, sorry." He then let go, rubbing the back of his neck as he smiled awkwardly at me. "Oh and it's a secret. A surprise isn't going to be a surprise if we tell you." He gave me another grin then continued his way of walking as I followed him from behind.

         "This better be something exciting because if it isn't, I'm going back." I told straight forwardly told him, earning a chuckle from the latter. "Oh don't worry, you'll surely like this." He winked before suddenly placing an arm under my knees and another arm behind my back as he carried me effortlessly off the ground; which gave me a little shock.

          "Yah! Put me down." I squirmed in his arms but he was too strong for me to compete. I was about to hit him when he suddenly flew up from the ground as I—unfortunately—placed my arms around his neck. "Why are we off the ground?!" I screamed at him, forg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter