005

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

𝐻𝑎𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛

 I woke up to my head's throbbing pain, a hurtful sting passing through the veins in my head. I sat up, clutching on my top as I was trying to make the pain go away. As the pain subsided, I opened my eyes trying to adjust to the light that was emitting through my window pane. 

         Once I got my senses, I stood up and walked towards the bathroom to start my morning routine. When I entered the small area, I went to the sink to wash my face. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and last night's scene flashed through my mind.

          The memory of the dream, the time that I couldn't breathe and the poor excuse of a resuscitation, but either way I was grateful for it somehow saved me from the brink of death. I remembered it all, everything was clear.

           When I was done taking a bath, I went out of the bathroom to go change into my school uniform. And right when I was done, I saw a figure outside my balcony looking at me from the corner of my eyes, I slightly let out a light shriek as I instinctively wrapped the towel around my chest. But when I looked again, not a hint of a lingering presence was visible. Maybe I was just hallucinating things, I'm clearly going crazy.

          I looked at the clock on the table beside my bed and gasped as to what time it is now, it was freaking twelve at noon. So this means I slept through the whole morning? This is not happening, not when I don't have a valid reason for me not attending morning classes. 

          What the hell am I supposed to tell the teachers? They're seriously going to ask for the reason to why I was ab—Wait a minute, we have new teachers. Why did I even forget? They wouldn't even bother to listen to me, so why tell?

          When I was done, I took some toast and drank some milk before leaving the house to go to school. Right when I was walking on the sidewalk, I heard a car's honk behind me. I ignored it since it's just probably some person shamelessly honking his horn for nothing. That's what most people do to get attention. I continued on walking and happy that it was quiet again. The school was pretty much far from where I lived but I still have time to walk to the bus.

          But to my surprise, a fancy looking expensive car had rolled on the side of me as the driver was also wearing some expensive shades. And that's where I stopped walking, looking at the latter with an expressionless face as he only smiled in return. I wouldn't let a stranger smile at me for no reason and I didn't know why he stopped so suddenly just to smile at me but I didn't care. I was about to walk away when he suddenly called my name.

         "Yah! Haemin-ssi!" He yelled. I stopped on my tracks and thought as to why he knew my name. When I turned around to face him, he already took off his shades, revealing himself to me. His brown, light hair shining under the sun as his pearly white teeth was shown when he smiled, and those eyes which seemed to be colored with a thin black line. It was no other than my Music Teacher.

Mr. Tae

         He waved his hands, gesturing me to come near him. I did not want to go; I still hated the fact that they were too damn noisy outside my house yesterday. So I stayed there, looking at him like he is the weirdest thing in the world. He looked back at me confused, but I still would not move an inch. 

         When he knew he was not going to get a response from me, he suddenly went out from his car and walked towards me in a calm manner. I eyed him from head to toe until finally set my eyes on his face, he was indeed very confused.

         "Student, do you want a ride? You might be late for your first class if you continue on being this slow on walking." He teasingly chuckled while I just stared at him. He found the stare quite awkward so he cleared his throat. 

         "Yah, why are you looking at me like that?" He asked. I shrugged, slinging my bag over my shoulders before I continued on walking. Ignoring him would be the best way for the latter to leave me alone and carry on with his driving business. Unfortunately, he grabbed my wrist making me face him again.

          "Yah, don't you igno—" I turned around with an annoyed expression as I gave him a glare. But then, I wondered why he stopped talking, so I followed where he was looking at. I traced his gaze and saw that he was looking at the shiny, silver bracelet that I was wearing; my mother had owned that bracelet and it was utterly beautiful. 

         It was a silver chain wrapped around my thin wrist but what stood out of the ordinary was the exquisite pendant dangling along the lines of the chain. It kind of looked like a weird stone for the others but for some reasons, I found it every beautiful.

          I then shook out of my thought as I retrieved my hand from him and saw that he blinked his eyes many times, like he just came out from a deep trance of thoughts. He then looked at me with those eyes, those light brown orbs. 

         He looked at me differently this time; it was getting weird and he looked a little bit defensive in his manner. I looked at him one last time before walking away, I clearly did not know why he would look at me that way, what is wrong with him?

         But still, the fact that his eyes had showed confusion, defense, missed and contentment p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter