016

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haemin

          It had been a while now since my friendship bloomed with these seven boys and seven men in my life. Eight months of laughter and joy, eight months of sorrow and pain, and eight months of undeniably secrecy of love. I too, had always denied the undying truth of knowing that love did exist in between us. Those men and I, I had kept it for so long I might have to be given the award of best in hiding the truth.

         It was shameful for me honestly, I couldn’t possibly like them all at the same time. And since then, I knew my life had turned quite the opposite than what I had been living for the past seventeen years. And now that I'm finally eighteen, I would have to start anew and leave the tragic past behind.

          Feeling the cold breeze hit both sides of my cheeks, opening my eyes at the site of the long gone memories. I was finally back in Jeju, the place where I knew I wasn't alone, the place where I realized what love is, and the place where I yearned to go back. But, it was also a sad memory to remember. Knowing that I'm not with my parents anymore, their presence was long forgotten yet their love was always remembered.

          I can no longer see my dad run along the sea shores like a kid and my mom would scold him for being too loud. How I giggled at that site, I missed it. I miss all of it, but knowing that my parents are already somewhere up there, looking down at me; guiding me. I'm happy, at least I know that I'm not alone anymore. I have fourteen males with me now, what more can I possibly worry about?

          "Excited?" Someone spoke, making me turn my head to the side. I looked up to see Namjoon smiling down at me. "Yeah, considering the fact that I'm finally back, I'm pretty sure I'm excited." I replied, smiling back up at him before I felt his arms around my shoulder, feeling him squeeze me in closer to the latter. "Well, I hope we all would enjoy our stay here." Namjoon added. "Of course. What could we possibly worry about, right?" I chuckled, making him ruffle my hair.

           We were all standing on the side walk facing the beach. We could see family's bonding, children playing, and some couples dating. We still had our luggage’s with us, we haven't checked in yet. "Hey hyungs! Should we check in by now?" We heard Nikki ask. I looked back at Namjoon and saw that he shook his head saying no. I looked up at him puzzled, and was about to ask why but then we heard Taehyung speak. "We own a house nearby, we don't need a hotel." He said.

          The boys and I looked at Taehyung and we had the same expressions plastered on our faces. "Yup, we do." Jimin answered, as if he read our minds. "We should probably get a taxi for us to arrive there." Heeseung said as he went near the street, looking from left to right if there were any taxi's coming nearby.

          "We don't need that either." Jungkook spoke. "So we'll just walk? I mean your beach house is somewhere nearby, right?" Jungwon asked, looking at the tall latter beside him. Seokjin looked back at the questioning boy before he shook his head again, bringing up his watch to look at the time. "We have personal drivers with us, I think they're coming in about right—now." And after that has been said, two big-white vans appeared in front of us.

          Then soon came the drivers in each van in their suits, holding up the door for us to go in. "We will take one van and you guys take one. We'll see each other at the house." Namjoon instructed before the rest of his team had slowly crawled inside their respective van. We all nodded our heads as we placed all of our luggage's inside first before us. Once our luggage were already organized, we all made our way inside. I, of course, am with the guys.The ride was short, knowing that their house was just pretty near. We all then got out from the van, having our eyes bulge open seeing the fancy looking mansion in front of us.

"Woah." Nikki said.

           "Are these guys undercover agents or what?" Sunoo exclaimed, his eyes never leaving the beautiful place. I looked at the complimenting boy beside me, shaking my head at his childish, alien like kid before releasing a light chuckle after. Sunoo might have sensed my stare as he turned his head on the side, looking down at me with a what expression plastered on his face. Before I could even respond to that, someone had already beat me to it.

           "Nope, we aren't." In a matter of seconds, the older men were already behind us. "Is this really your house, hyung?" Nikki asked Jungkook who was beside him. "Yup." Sehun nodded his head, turning his gaze on my direction before giving out a gentle smile, I smiled back in pleasure.

           "Come on, you guys want to go back to the beach right?" Namjoon asked making us nod our heads. We soon followed the leader inside the house and I swear, it's more captivating than on the outer. Everything was neatly arranged, nothing seems to be out of place. Everything was simply beautiful.

          "Since we only have four guest rooms, so Nikki and Sunoo in one room, Jay and Jungwon, then Heeseung, Jake and Sunghoon in one room. The last room would be Haemin, alone." Namjoon ended, not forgetting to emphasis the last word as I rolled my eyes playfully at him. We all made our way to our designated room to unpack our stuffs and change into our swim wears. I looked down on mine, letting out a chuckle as I shook my head the moment I had remembered how awkward and funny our shopping experience was two days ago.

 

"Haemin! Choose this one!

"You ert! We don't want Haemin walking in the beach wearing that!"

"It's just a bikini!"

"It's too revealing, you idiot."

"Ow! Hyung!"

"Oppas! I think I'll choose this." I showed them one swim wear that had a yellow short in the bottom while it had a bikini top.

"Well, I think that's more appropriate?" Heeseung scratched his head.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes at them playfully, making my way to the cashier after so that I could pay. But in the end, Yoongi seemed to beat me to it because he had already paid what I was about to.

 

          I made my way to the bathroom, seeing that it was equally as fancier as the other furniture. Those oppas are sure damn rich. Once I was done, I wore a white loosed shirt first to cover up my exposed upper body not until it’s time for me to swim, and tied my hair into a loose bun. I gather up my things then got out of the room, making my way down to the living room seeing the guys in their beach attires too. I examined each and every one of them and saw that they actually looked good in a simple shirt and swimming shorts.

          As I was saying, we then made our way to the vans for it to take us back to the beach. Once we arrived there, the guys didn't hesitate to run along to who knows where, screaming like kids. I and the older oppas went to find a spot to place our bags and we chose a shaded area which was under a tree. I placed my bag there, followed by the others. I looked a head and saw that the guys were already taking a swim. I rolled my eyes once I saw Nikki strangling his Sunoo hyung, but chuckled in the end.

          "Aren't you going to swim?" Someone spoke beside me and saw Jungkook, wearing a bright yellow polo paired with white swimming shorts. His black hair sleeked on the side as I noticed he had his eyebrow piercing evident on his face, all of his tattoos now exposed. He looked like th typical badboy, but deep down owning a heart of gold. He was also fidgeting with his phone.

          "Not yet though. Hey, can I roam around the beach for a while? You know, explore the sand filled place?" I asked him, debating whether or not asking the latter's permission was a must; but I did anyway. "Sure, but do you want me to come with you?" He asked, placing his phone back inside his pocket. "No it's okay, you guys can have fun." I smiled at him as he nodded his head, slowly sitting down on the sand, taking out his shades that were hung on his shirt near his neck.

          "But if anything happens, you know what to do." He playfully winked, making me roll my eyes at him before releasing a light chuckle. "Yes sir." I saluted, making him chuckle back. "Okay, but don't wonder off for too long." He pointed a warning finger. "Okay dad." I , only receiving a pat on the head.

 

          I was walking slowly in the sea shore, having both of my hands inside the pockets of my jacket. I looked around me and saw that everyone had smiles on their faces, seeing them smile mysteriously makes me smile too. I don't know why I suddenly felt their happiness. My attention suddenly landed on two kids building a castle. It was a boy and a girl probably still 4 or 5, they looked so cute while building it. I then smiled at their little interaction when the little girl placed her head on the boys shoulder making the boy let out a small laugh, patting her head in the process.

          I then saw a familiar little booth just right around the corner, my eyes went wide when I saw that it was a candy selling booth. Less than a second, I arrived in front of it. I then noticed a familiar looking lady sitting on a chair inside the said place, and then memories flooded my mind. She was the old lady my mom was talking back when we came here. Now I remember, the lady still looks lovely as ever. "Oh? Hello there, dear." The latter greeted me with a warm smile when she noticed me standing in front of the booth.

          “Oh, hello." I bowed politely with a smile. "What can I get you sweet heart?" She asked lovingly, now I understand why my mom is friends with her. I smiled at the lady then pointed at where the gummy bears were. "How many packs should I get you?" She asked. "Two packs, ma’am." I replied with a smile. She gave me the packs of gummy bear as I gently gave her my pay. She then looked at it and saw that I paid too much. "Keep the change, ma’am." I smiled at her. "But this is too much dear." She said, insisting on giving me my change back. "No it's okay, since you're a great friend of my mom." I smiled at her, placing back the money in her hands.

           "Mom? Who's your mom dear?" She asked. "Yoo Dalmi." I smiled genuinely, placing my hands back in my short's pocket. When I had mentioned my mother's name, the lady in front of me had her eyes widen. "Dalmi. Your mother was Dalmi-ah?" She asked again for clarification, I nodded my head. She then held my hand as she gave me a sad smile, I already know what she meant.

          "No it's okay, it happened a long time ago. I'm okay now." I gently held her hand too, my smile going sweetly as ever. "But if you ever need anything dear, I'm always right here. Dalmi was a very sweet friend of mine." She said with a loving smile, I nodded my head at her statement. I looked at my watch and saw that I already took long and the others are probably worried about me now. So I bid the lady a goodbye as I walked away happily holding my packs of gummy bears.

"You."

          Right when I was near where the guys were, someone suddenly spoke behind me. I turned around seeing a tall boy with black hair that was shining under the sun. He looked like he was one or two years older than me since he had this baby face. He's wearing a white designed shirt and swimming shorts but what caught my attention was that he had this charming smile that can either make you fall for him or be trapped by some kind of love spell.

          I raised a brow, not knowing why he had suddenly spoken from behind. I looked from left to right if ever I was mistaken, but I wasn't. He was clearly talki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter