006

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

𝐻𝑎𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛

          As days passed and the weather seems to go bright because it was getting a bit sunny, it was already a Saturday. When it's a weekend, I don't usually wake up early; I would wake up at ten or somewhere until noon, anywhere between that. I sat up, stretched my arms as my mouth escaped a soft yawn then I looked at my bedside table and saw that is was already eleven forty-five in the morning. 

          I stood up, ignoring the bathroom that was wide open for my arrival, went to the door to go downstairs. Lazily went to the kitchen to get something to eat because my stomach has been grumbling ever since I woke up. I knew that it was time for my lunch.

          When I went to the refrigerator and opened it, I sighed in disappointed. I totally forgot that I didn't have food left, I must've forgotten to buy some groceries on my way back to school yesterday night; I guess I have to leave the house then. I went back upstairs to go change into some comfortable clothes. I checked everything before I went down to go to the door. And when everything was okay, I left the house.

          I was roaming around the Super Market, finding anything that I could cook for lunch. I went to the meat section and saw that there were ham, hot dog, pork, chicken and stuffs of the same sort. But I didn't feel the need to eat meat so I went to the Ramen area. 

          I looked for the best Ramen that I could find, it was a bit hard since none of them seems to catch my eye, none of the foods here exactly. So I thought of an idea, I left the Super Market buying nothing then went to a small restaurant just a block away.

         When I arrived, the beautiful aroma had greeted me. I looked around the restaurant finding any vacant seats to settle down. And when I did, it was in the back most corner of the restaurant, as usual. I went there to place my bag, indicating that the seat was already taken, and then went to the counter to order. I waited patiently in line, fiddling with my phone to kill time. And when it was already my turn, I look ahead to almost gasped at who I was facing, but I didn't show too much of an expression.

"Haemin-ssi, I didn't expect you to be here. Well, it's nice to see you again now that it's a weekend." 

         He started; his smile still makes my heart flutter. But I still couldn't accept the fact that he was behind the counter with a black apron around his waist as he was taking orders. I blinked at him, earning a chuckle from the latter knowing that he knows that I wasn't going to speak any time soon.

         So he asked, "What would you like to order, Ms. Yoo?" He smiled. And there it is again, the sound of my beating heart that was about to explode any minute now. I looked down and looked for something that I could write on. 

          I saw a piece of paper and a pen next to the counter; I took it as Sunghoon gave me a confused expression. I ignored him as I continued on writing my order. It was the best way from him not to hear my voice. When I was done, I gave him the paper followed by the payment.

         He chuckled at me as he read my order that I wrote down on the paper, is my order that funny? "I guess I wouldn't get you to speak anytime soon." He chuckled one last time. When he saw me handling him the payment, he pushed my hand back letting him receive a confused look from me. 

         "It's on the house." He whispered, then gave me a light wink. I was going to protest but he suddenly screamed "Next!" Totally ignoring that I was going to protest him, I shook my head at him then went back to my sit, placing the money back inside my wallet.

          I was waiting patiently for my order, fiddling with my phone in the process. I still took sneaky glances at Sunghoon who was taking orders at the back of the counter. I smiled secretly. I don't know why I would let myself smile just for that person; he was indeed someone special in my life that I couldn't just get rid of that easily. I couldn't remember how I fell in love with this guy, all I know is that I like him and that's all.

         "Here's your order miss, one Grilled Salmon Salad." Someone spoke beside me as I saw a handsome looking waiter placing my order down on my table. He looked at me then smiled, the only thing I could do was look away and not my head in gratitude. 

         "You're actually quite pretty; do you perhaps know Sunghoon over there? I didn't want to eavesdrop or anything but it sounds like you two know each other." He asked while holding the tray on his chest. I only nodded my head, signaling him that we knew each other. "Alright! I'll get back to work now, miss. It's nice meeting you." He smiled while waving his hand as he walked back to do his work.

         I shook my head at his childishness, even though he looked like he was 26 or something, he had that childish vibe around him that was quite an appeal for me. I wonder if I could be that childish since I'm way too younger than him. 

         I shrugged the thought away and continued on eating my food. When I was done, I fixed my bag and was ready to leave. But right when I was about the go out, a hand stopped me.

 

          When I turned around, I saw Sunghoon fixing his bag with his right hand while his left was still holding my wrist. I looked away since I was blushing really hard and it'd be embarrassing if he'd see me in such state, "Can we like hangout? I mean, I got nothing to do for the day and it looks like you don't have either." He laughed while rubbing his nape. 

          I looked back at him, hoping he could get that I really want to go with him, but I'm just not comfortable. What would we do? He wouldn't have fun with me. Who would have fun with someone who doesn't even talk? I bet no one will.

But I was wrong.

 

         For the whole afternoon, we went around city. We went to the mall and we even went to one of his favorite arcades. We played there, well he played there and I just watched but it was totally fine that I did but I played a little since he wanted me to have fun too. 

         We also walked around the park; we even ate ice cream, my favorite. To be honest, I had did fun; it's just maybe because I was with Sunghoon? I'm not quite sure myself. The way he smiles, I just couldn't shake it off and it's getting really stuffy.

Maybe he's fond of me, that's why he's d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter