010

Bitter Taste
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon

          Once I saw Haemin got out from the cafe where she and Seokjin hung out, I knew it was my signal. I planned what we would do actually, I decided we should go to the bookstore and you know, read some books. I walked towards her casually, placing both of my hands inside my pocket. "Haemin, hey there!” I spoke a bit loudly then waved my hands at her, she waved back. That move made me stop on my tracks, just staring at her with my mouth a bit open. Okay, I did not see that coming, did she just wave at me? I swear I was not seeing things.

         "Hey." I said when I was finally in front of her, she then bowed at me. I forgot that she's still my student. " Well, a-are you going somewhere?" And that’s where I knew I felt a little bit stupid about myself, why am I stuttering? For the love of the heavens, what is wrong with me? She shook her head. I nodded mine then spoke, "Well, can you company me on my trip to the bookstore?" I asked her as I placed a hand on her shoulder, she nodded. We both walked our way to the said place in silence and I would steal glances at her. In less than 5 minutes, we arrived in a place where books were born.

         Once we step foot in the bookstore, the smell of books greeted us. I then looked at Haemin, "Let’s go." I smiled at her as I grabbed her hand and led our way to the second floor of the bookstore. When we were in the second floor, I brought both of us in the back corner of the bookstore where we can read some books alone. I then slid my way down until I was sitting on the floor and then looked at Haemin. "Sit beside me." I patted the space beside me signaling for her to sit. She hesitated for a while, I can see it in her face but then she did sit beside me.

          I then got one book that I hid before my time with Haemin comes, I prepared everything on what we're going to do and it kind of creep me out that I did. I held the book in my hand as I held the first page in between my thumb and my index finger, I looked at Haemin. "Can I read this to you?" I asked. She nodded her head, seeing the corner of her lips slightly twitched upwards.

She smiled.

         I didn't know what happened because the next thing I knew, the book fell from my hands and now I'm staring at her. She might have been creep out because I saw that she was holding the book and she was reading it by herself. I didn’t know what just knocked my senses out but I knew I felt something inside, something that I wasn’t supposed to feel. Not now, not ever, and not even sooner. I'm so stupid, I was supposed to be the one reading it to her. I then got another book for her not to be suspicious a while ago and started reading on my own. After a long 10 minutes, I heard a book snap closed then I turned my head to Haemin and saw that she had closed the book.

         "You're done?" I asked her, she nodded. The book wasn't that long and the fonts were big so a good 10 minutes would be enough for one person to finish reading that book. "Is it good?" I asked her. She then looked at me and then looked back at the book, caressing the hard-cover with her fingers.

         "Is this your favorite?" A female voice suddenly spoke as I whip my head to my left and right but there wasn't anyone there except me and Haemin. I then looked at her as she was blinking at me, and that's where I processed everything in my slow mind. She spoke. She actually spoke to me.

          "I-I...huh?" I even forgot what she asked. "The book," She repeated with her soft and angel like voice, I had to admit. "Ah y-yeah." I awkwardly smiled as I rubbed the back of my neck, she then nodded. "Do you like it?" I asked her as I pointed at the book then looked at her, she nodded again. "Thank you." I said softly while looking down. I looked up and saw that she had a confused face on. She must be wondering why I said thank you. "For liking it. This book means a lot to me, it reminds me of the treasure I once lost." I gave her the most genuine smile ever.

          I then sighed as I lean my back on the bookshelf, looking lazily in space. "Have you ever wondered how it feels like to lose something and then see it again after a long period of time?" I asked as I looked at Haemin who had her knees brought up to her chest, I then saw her shook her head. "Well, it feels great. Wonderful. It makes me feel complete again." I said unknowingly. I was smiling to myself that I didn't even notice the little girl beside me was already staring at me.

 

"I'm weird right?"

Nod

"Is my weirdness giving you the creeps?"

Nod

 

         "Sorry." I lowered my head when I knew I must've creep her out, I bet the others think I'm weird too. Right when I was about to scold myself for being too weird, I felt something warm touch my hand, I then look up and saw Haemin slightly smiling down at me as she shook her head, "It’s okay." She said in a whisper. My mouth went agape and I couldn't get to move any of my muscles. Do vampires feel things like this? I mean, do they feel like their world stopped for the first time? I know some vampires had the power to stop time but what I mean is, letting the world stop without even using any powers or magic. I heard humans experience this too.

         My thoughts was suddenly interrupted when my watch started beeping, it was my alarm. I sighed as I stood up, extending a hand at Haemin, signaling for her to take it so she could stand up, and she gracefully accepted it. I told her I had to go and thank her for her time, it was my time to leave. Right when I left the bookstore, I saw a familiar figure standing in front of me not so far from my vampire site, but too far for a human's site. I then nodded my head, signaling for him to make his move.

          While I was walking to where the others were probably waiting, I unknowingly smiled as I thought back on what happened. And all I know is, I am so screwed.

 

Taehyung

         I saw Haemin walking out of the bookstore, signaling that that was my cue. I walked towards her and saw that she was looking down on the ground while slowly walking forward. I slowed down my pace and was just staring at her until our bodies were just inches away from each other. Once our bodies collided, she looked up as I gave her a smile. She then bowed to me as I only gave her another smile. "So, you here alone?" I asked her, acting as if I didn't know what her answer would be, she nodded her head. "I was about to go somewhere and I figured that it would be boring if I'd go alone but then I saw you here. So, would you accompany your music teacher to a music store?" I asked her with a hint of sparkle on my face, hoping she would say yes.

She then nodded as I smiled in happiness. "Let's go?"

         We then started walking our way to the music store and I would sometimes glance at her while walking. Once we arrived at the store, I noticed that the place was elegant and beautiful. It had a grand piano in the middle and some guitars on the side. We both looked around the area and we would sometimes listen to some old songs. I then stopped in front of an old tape player, attaching it was a pair of earphones. I then spotted one tape that seems to be one of my favorites and placed the tape inside the player.

          I then wore the earphones as the music played on my ears, it was beautiful. I then looked at Haemin and saw that she was doing the same, but she was listening to a different song. She looked so peaceful and beautiful while listening to the music. I smiled once I saw how beautiful she is and how the music I was listening to right now fits the situation. I really couldn’t help but feel the lightness inside me, it’s as if I was destined to feel this way around her, and I obviously liked it. I then glanced at the grand piano in the middle as I thought of an idea.

          I made my way to Haemin and tapped her shoulder, she looked at me. "See that piano over there." I pointed at where the piano is displayed as sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter