Only Look At You, "Jensoo"

JOURNEY

- I just wanna talk to you -

 

Normal POV

“Sorry prof. I’m late” Jisoo said after catching her breath. It’s just a usual sight to see the girl always being late to class.

Who wouldn’t? She worked at 2 different places until late night and have an early morning class.

 

“It’s ok. You may take your seat.” Professor Lee said as the younger girl gave him a small nod before making her way to the back of the class not forgetting to steal a glance at the brunette who checking on her note book, Jennie.

Jennie is hard working student, she’s quiet but everyone in the class admire the girl including Jisoo. They’re completely different. Jennie is rich, pretty and smart unlike Jisoo who is just a loser, a late comer and no one in class have ever talked to her much.

LUNCH BREAK

Jisoo POV

As I walked into the canteen I noticed that the place is full with student already. I bought a sandwich and banana milk and walk to the nearest tree and settled down to have my lunch.

Before leaving the canteen, I noticed that Jennie stop talking to her friends for a minute and looked my way. Her expression looks calm that I didn’t know what is she thinking. I lower my head down and walk out.

 

Normal POV

Jisoo enjoyed her nap after lunch under the tree not noticing a girl who keep staring at her with a smile.

 

Academic year went by quickly as the final year is approaching already. The student only left with their thesis before graduated. As for Jisoo, the girl struggled to come this far as she didn’t get to see Jennie again.

 

On the second year, Jennie passed a scholarship to New Zealand. The whole class threw her a farewell party and also invited Jisoo. But Jisoo can’t find time to have a word with the other only to steal glance from time to time.

 

Years passed as they graduated from university already. Jisoo is now an owner of a small café in town. She saved enough to open one since she’s tired of working for other. She managed the café on her own with 1 other staff, Lisa.

Closing time approached, after the last customer left Jisoo and Lisa is wiping the floor and arrange the chair and table before locking up and went home.

As Jisoo came out from shower, she heard a ting from her phone.

She checked to see their group chat from the university squad floating with so many messages. The class president, Solar is asking everyone how are they doing and want to held a mini reunion.

Jisoo told them that she might not make it as she need to manage her business right then, Seulgi who knew about her café suggest everyone to go there and they can go to have dinner after.

Jisoo hesitate at first but after everyone keep pursuing she finally gave in. But she noticed that Jennie only seen their chat not reply any.

 

Fast forward to the reunion day @ Dalgom Café

Jisoo POV

I told Lisa to leave early and close the café from the public only to keep it vacant for the reunion.

1,2,3,4… came one by one. Soon after every one is here exclude Jennie. We are having time to reminisce the good old day as I keep listening since I didn’t have much to share. I only nod and smile along to their conversation.

Just then *TING* the bell at the door rang indicate that someone has walked in. We turned our heads to the door only to welcome Jennie with a blonde girl.

“Sorry, I’m late.” Jennie said lowly as she gave us a small wave. I keep staring at her not saying anything. She must feel my stare when she looked my way and gave me a small smile.

The blonde pulled out the chair for Jennie and sat herself beside Jennie.

“Mind to introduce us this beautiful lady beside you, Jen?” Irene said teasingly.

“I’m Roseanne Park Chaeyoung. Jennie’s girlfriend.” The blonde beat Jennie in answer as Jennie only gave her a light slap on the shoulder.

“Don’t listen to her nonsense. We’re just friend.” “I’m courting her.” The blonde finished as I can only stay mute the whole time. Hmmm, they’re really look good together. Where do I stand again?

 

Time passed and we decide to go to the Chinese Restaurant to have our dinner. We’re taking a walk since it’s around my café block.

I walked the last, watching Chaeyoung keep teasing Jennie as both laugh happily. I learnt to know that they have known each other in New Zealand.

 

Jennie POV

Today was fun, I was having a reunion with my university friend but the clingy Roseanne asking me to tag along.

I met my friends after years being apart from them especially her. Yes, her, Jisoo. One of my classmate.

We never really talk to each other but I found myself interesting in her. I keep stalking her SNS profile from then and now. Today as I saw her again. Those feeling are still there. But I’m a girl without any courage to talk to her first and only wish that she would come up to me and talk.

 

Jisoo POV

As I finished my dinner first, I excuse myself and came out to get some fresh air. I sat on one of the bench at the park near the restaurant.

“Can I sit here?” I heard a familiar voice asking. As I was looking up, there she was dazzling as always. I nodded.

Jennie gave a me a smile as she took a sit next to me.

“You’re still the same.” I heard her again as I only look at her confuse is all over my face now. She chuckled and continued.

“If you really don’t like to talk, why bother to come?” She asked.

“Because I expected you there.” I uttered out without realizing. Now it’s her turn to look at me confusedly. It’s now or never.

“I always look at you even in the crowd of people way back then. I came to school every day hoping to see your face, your smile. I don’t have any courage to come to you but I’ve always like you. Then until now.” I finish my sentences as I stare straight to her eyes. I can’t read her facial expression as it’s very calm.

 

“And I thought of me being in one sided love alone.” She said with a light laugh.

“Nae?” I asked still confuse about her replied.

“Yesss Kim Jisoo. I like you too. From then still now.” As she finished her sentence I feel the world stopped right here.

I replied nothing else and just cupped her cheek to kiss her softly on the lips. After a while we pulled away as we both smile. I rubbed my neck awkwardly as I saw a pink tint on her both cheeks.

“I knew this is not romantic at all and so sudden but would you be my girlfriend?” I asked her in one go.

“You don’t know how long have I waited for this. Yes I’d love to be your girlfriend.”

“Yeyyyy~ I love you so much Jennie Kim. Kim Jisoo loves Kim jennie.” I stood up and shouted.

People who walked by just shake their head at us. Jennie pulled me down and look so embarrassed right now.

We walked back to our friends with hand in hand as everyone congrats us including Chaeyoung.

 

Later on I knew from Jennie that Chaeyoung isn’t really courting her. She’s just like to fool around and a bit clingy at times.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**********
Writer's note

Another shot is up.

This is ab my crush. The different is, we're not ending up together nor I have that much courage to talk to her.

We lost contact and the only thing I remember ab her is that she's the girl I used to have a crush on.

It's such a beautiful feeling to have butterflies flying around your stomach.

But I lost that feeling long ago. I forget the feeling of having someone I could admire.

 

Thank you everyone. Do tell me you thought ok?
Till next time~~