Fell Out, "Chaennie"

JOURNEY

Jennie POV

I have always wonder how complicated can it be to be in relationship. Like, you love your boyfriend or girlfriend and they love you back so what it is to be complicated about. Until I got in one myself with Park Chaeyoung.

 

She was always the sweetest girl I have ever met. She took really good care of people around her. She’s pretty cool, kind and charming. This is what attracted me to her. She was major in business while I was major in management. We were introduced by some mutual friend.  We weren’t close at first but after a few times I noticed that she kinda treated me differently from others. I didn’t think of it much as I knew that she’s always like this. As time passed, we’re in a situation where other started to view us as more than friend. We never really put title to our relationship. Friend or girl fried?

 

Until that one day when she suddenly asked me to meet up late at night at the park near my house.

 

Flashback

Normal POV

A blonde was kicking the air in the middle of the night waiting for a certain brunette to come. Her mind was running wild and she really can’t think straight right now.

“Changie!!” She heard a familiar voice calling out for her. She started to feel more nervous as the brunette approached her.

“Jen” She greeted the brunette awkwardly.

“What’s up? You look terrible.” “Take a seat and have this first.” Chaeyoung said and signaled Jennie to sit on the bench and handed her some ice cream which she picked up from the convenient store on her way here.

 

Silence took over, no one dare to speak up. After some times,

“The moon looked so beautiful tonight” Chaeyoung said softly and look up the moon.

Jennie looked up from ice cream and look to the moon and said, “You didn’t ask me to meet this late to enjoy the moon right?” Jennie finished and chuckle lightly at her own remark.

 

Chaeyoung stared at the girl beside her with loving eyes. There’s so many things running through her mind right now.

 

*She’s so beautiful* Chaeyoung thought.

 

Jennie turned her head and raise her brow when she caught Chaeyoung staring at her.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” She asked with a light blush on her cheeks. Chaeyoung hummed before speaking.

“Never in my life have I thought that I could be in a relationship. From the start I always said it was such a waste of time to be with someone only to break up at the end. I was always carefree and independence. Not until this girl came to my life. She made me think that it’s not hurt to have someone who you can share everything with. Someone who you can lean on. Someone who you can take care of. Especially someone who you can love dearly.” Chaeyoung said slowly not looking at Jennie.

“She must be special to be able to change your perspective of relationship.”  Jennie replied calmly.

After that they lost in their own thought once again.

 

“Would you be my girlfriend, Jen?” Chaeyoung said simply and look deeply at the shocked girl. Jennie didn’t expect this at all. Sure, they were always giving each other hints about their interest toward each other but to be this sudden she didn’t prepare for it.

 

“I don’t want to waste any more times of not having an official title with you. I don’t want to see those boys staring or keep flirting with you. So Jennie Kim, would you take me Park Chaeyoung as your girlfriend? To let me have the chance to officially call you mine?” Chaeyoung continued after not receiving any reply from Jennie.

“Wow~ I can’t believe this really happening now. The almighty Park Chaeyoung really ask me to be her girlfriend? Just wow” Jennie mumble still not registered the situation.

 

Chaeyoung put her hands and Jennie’s shoulder and said. “I’m serious, Jen. Let’s be official.” Jennie looked deep into Chaeyoung. She can feel Chaeyoung’s sincererity.

 

“OK. Let’s do it.” After fighting with her thought Jennie replied with her gummy smile.

“Yeyyyyyy~~ Thank you Jen. I”ll make you the happiest girl in the world.” Chaeyoung stood up and carried Jennie and spin her around before putting her down and lean in to peck her now girlfriend on the cheek.

 

That night to new couple spending times cuddle and open up about their feeling toward each other at Jennie’s place,

End of flashback

 

Present time

Still Normal POV

Now they’re together for 5 years already. They have graduated from university and have jobs respectively.

They shared an apartment together. They seem like the sweetest couple among their friend as they never have a single fight. Their relationship seems unreal but yeah Chaeyoung kept her promise. To love Jennie and make her the happiest girl. Chaeyoung did everything she can to please her girlfriend. She gave her all in this relationship. It has always been well until recently when Jennie noticed that Chaeyoung seem distance.

 

The blonde not really showing her much attention and affection anymore. Less cuddle on movie marathon or no good night kiss even worse less intimate.

 

Jennie was cooking dinner as she came back from work earlier than Chaeyoung.

“I’m home.” She heard her girlfriend. She expected the blonde to come in the kitchen and back hug her like she always did but none. The blonde just walked straight to their shared room.

 

Chaeyoung POV

I’m coming home from work. To be honest, I just want to be out until late. I don’t know what happen to me but I knew that I don’t feel the same anymore. The spark seems to died months ago. I tried to keep it and show her as much affection as I could, hoping that I could restore my feeling back but it’s just tore me out even more. She seems to noticed too but she didn’t say anything. I’m fighting with myself whether to continue or being like this. But I really don’t want to hurt her more. She deserves better.

 

Normal POV

The duo was eating their dinner in silence.

“Jennie, I think we need to talk.” Jennie knew her girlfriend was serious when her real name is being used.

“Let’s eat frist.” “Hmmm” And then they continued to eat but seem like the food is stuck in their throats.

 

After dinner Chaeyoung did the dish as Jennie was in the living room watching random show on the TV but her mind has traveled somewhere else already.

“Jen!?” Chaeyoung shook Jennie’s shoulder lightly as she got no response after calling her girlfriend a few times.

They fix their position on the sofa with some safe distance. Silence took over the room.

 

“I think we should break it off.” Chaeyoung decide to break the silence. Jennie expected it but her heart is breaking the moment those words left Chaeyoung’s mouth. She tried to calm down and asked the blonde.

“What do you mean?” “I don’t feel the same way anymore, Jen. I tried my best to keep this relationship but I’m very tired. I can’t continue this anymore. Let’s stop here. You deserve better.” At that moment Jennie can’t hold it anymore. She’s not the one who could cry easily but she just did. She can’t understand the girl how could she say it so easily like this?

 

“What did I do wrong? Am I not enough?” Jennie asked between her sob.

“No, you’re perfect Jen. It’s me who change. I fell out of love. I don’t love you anymore.” Chaeyoung keep her straight face and replied.

“Are those 5 years mean nothing to you?” “Please Jen. Don’t be like this. Don’t be hard on yourself like this.”
Jennie stop replied the blonde and walked straight to their shared room. She locked herself up and crying her heart out.

She felt a sleep hoping that just a night mare.

Chaeyoung knew clearly that her now ex-girlfriend need times. She just walked out and called someone.

 

AT BLACK BAR

The blonde has been drinking nonstop since she took a seat inside here. This is where their friend would hangout on one’s birthday and just have fun together.

“Slow down tiger.” Lisa, her best friend stopped her from drinking. Even with high tolerance of alcohol but Lisa just can’t let her like this.

“Let me Lis. I’m an . I broke her. She doesn’t deserve it.” Lisa broke her heart seeing her best friend in this state but she can’t help anything. She understands that this is for the best. Chaeyoung have always discuss this with her, how she didn’t love Jennie anymore. How it’s tiring her to force herself like nothing happen.

“You did the right thing bud. She just need some times. Don’t worry too much.” Lisa tried to cheer the blonde not wanting her best friend to keep blaming herself.

 

Jennie POV

I woke without my hubby beside me. I started to tear up as I remember what happen last night. I grabbed my phone and try calling her.

*The number you’re calling is busy~~* She didn’t pick up my call.

Maybe it’s really time for me to accept it. To accept that Chaeyoung will no longer in my life anymore.

With a heavy heart I dragged herself to shower and get ready to work.

 

Chaeyoung POV

I woke up with a bad headache, I look around and realize that I’m at Lisa’s place. I dragged myself out and walked out of the room.

“You’re awake sleepy head.” She greeted me and I noticed Jisoo is sitting beside her. Jisoo is her girlfriend and our best friend too. She’s closer to Jennie. I avoid Jisoo’s stare and took a seat opposite them.

 

“As much as I hate to see this but I’m mature enough to understand.” Jisoo said.

“I’m sorry.” “Not to me. I don’t blame you Chaeng. I’m glad you set her free and not lying her any further. It may hurt now but I knew you have think it through before deciding to do this.” Chaeyoung could only hang her head low not meeting their eyes.

 

Normal POV

As Lisa and Jisoo leaving to work, Chaeyoung sat alone inside their apartment. She’s sitting here to wait for Jennie to leave for work before she goes back to get her things. She decided to leave for good. With a letter for Lisoo to take care of Jennie, she made her way out and grabbed a taxi to her own apartment.

 

She booked the earliest flight back to Australia and packed her stuffs. She left a letter for Jennie inside their shared bed room. She looked back for the last time and left.

 

Later that day, Jennie came back from work with a silence surrounding her. She walked to her bed room to change her clothes. As she walked in she noticed the closet door is slightly open. She ran toward it and open it harshly. Her consume is correct, all Chaeyoung’s clothes is all gone. She looked around the room and notice a paper on the bedside table. With shaking hands and teary eyes, she opened the letter.

 

Dear Jennie,

As you read this letter I was on my way back to where I belong. Thank you for all these years being the best girlfriend. I loved you, I wish it could be the way like it used to. I wish the spark is still here. I wish I didn’t fell out of love. I wish I didn’t break up with you and continue what we have built these past years. Being able to love you, to call you mine I’m thankful to god for sending someone like you to me. I wish you could find the happiness you deserve. Please move on and forget about me. Take care always.

P.S: If we meant to be, we’ll meet again.

Park Chaeyoung

 

Jennie POV

As I finished the letter, I clasp my chest tight. You’re so cruel Chaeyoung-ah.

 

Normal POV

Since that day both Chaeyoung and Jennie are trying their best to move on with their life. Chaeyoung is way better than Jennie. She moved on faster and continue with her life as a CEO at her dad’s company. But the sweet Chaeyoung is gone. She didn’t want to lead people in to her life more than this. She’s still guilty for breaking her ex-girlfriend. As for Jennie, the first few months has been a living hell for her. Luckily, her best friend has always been there with her. She has moved out from her old apartment hoping to erase the shadow of her ex-girlfriend.

 

But, are they really moving on?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**********

W/N

Hello wassup everyone.

Sorry for the delay. I've been a bit busy lately.

So here as to apology I gave you this chapter.

This is another one of my experience, yeah I was the one who fell out of love.

Shout out to all CHAENNIE warrior fans out there.

Leave me your thought on this one ok?

Always been thankful na my lovely readers.

Till next time~