Dear Friend

JOURNEY

Normal POV

Kim jisoo is a girl who live with her father. Her mother passed away from illness since she was two and her father became an alcoholic ever since. He often left Jisoo alone at the house or would beat her when he came home drunk. She struggled to live her life as days passed. She’s a senior high school student and work part time at the convenience store to support herself. She’s a loner at school without any close friend.

 

Park Chaeyoung is a girl from a rich family and attend the same school as Jisoo. People who see her would be envy of her with her background, good great and beauty.

But behind those perfect life, she’s just a single child with busy parents who rarely home and spend time with her.

 

Kyunghee High School

Chaeyoung POV

As I walk inside the school campus all students are staring at me like I’m some kind of meats.

 

‘She looks so pretty.’ She’s like a real life princess. I’m so envious…’

 

That what I always heard from the students. I keep silent and continue to walk to meet up with my friends at the library since they came very early. As I made my way to the library I has to walk along the corridor where I could see the school lake on the other side. I noticed the same girl who I saw everyday sitting at the exact same spot drawing something on her sketchpad. I stopped on my track and took out my phone to capture the girl.

 

*She looks like she came out of a fairy tale*

I smile to myself before continue my way.

 

Library

Normal POV

Chaeyoung walked into the library and shift her gaze to find her friends at the far end table playing some mobile games. Typical her idiots friend.

“Morning gays!” Chaeyoung greeted softly as she took off her bag and put on the empty chair.

“Morning Chae.” Lisa, her Thai-Korean friend greeted back not sparing her a gaze follow by a simple “yup.” From the other girl, Jennie.

 

“So you gonna ignore me here? I’m leaving.” Chaeyoung pretended to be hurt. 

“Aish~ really Chae. Now I lost” Jennie finally look up from her phone and pout to her friend. Chaeyoung could only punch Jennie cheek playfully before the trio made their way to their first class. Chaeyoung and Jennie share the same subject where Lisa are separated from them this morning.

 

 

Lisa POV

“Morning Jisoo.” I greeted my seat mate as she only gave me a little nod.

 

Jisoo share many subjects with me but we aren’t really close. Most of the times when we’re together she would never talk more than 10 words. I noticed that she doesn’t have any friends here. I always saw her eating alone and busy herself with her sketchpad somewhere around school.

 

Lunch break

Normal POV

After the bell rang, Jisoo grabbed her lunch box and walked to her usual spot. A tree beside the lake. She settled down and eat her lunch not noticing a figure look at her with a smile.

 

*Maybe I should approach her.*

Thought the girl as she encourage herself to walk toward Jisoo. She have two banana milks in each hand.

 

As Jisoo was busying with her sketchpad she notice a banana milk in front of her face. She looked up to find an unknown girl standing in front of her with a smile which showing her full set of teeth.

 

“Who are you?” Chaeyoung didn’t expect the question as she pull the milk back before sitting herself beside Jisoo. Jisoo completed ignore her existence.

 

“What’s your name? I’m Chaeyoung.” She didn’t gave up and started a convo. Another silent.

“Here for you!” I push the banana milk again and this time Jisoo staring at the girl in front of her strangely.

 

“Errr… I just want to make a friend.” Chaeyoung said when the stare make her feel uncomfortable.

“Don’t you have other friends?” 

*Wow~ this is new.* Chaeyoung thought to herself.

 

“I do but you look lonely here.” “Fine.” Chaeyoung surprised by the girl sudden outburst.

 

“I’m Kim Jisoo.” Jisoo said softly and focus back to her drawing. She’s drawing the scenery before her eyes.

 

“You draw nice. Can I have it?” Chaeyoung said excitedly. “No.”

Chaeyoung kept telling Jisoo random things only to get , ‘Hmmm’ ‘Ohhh’ ‘I see’…. in return.

 

 

Days passed and Chaeyoung didn’t give up trying to be close to Jisoo. As for Jisoo she just feel shy to interact with people.

1-2-3 days, without seeing Jisoo. Chaeyoung would come to their spot on lunch break but never seen the sight of Jisoo. 

 

Jisoo POV

I was admitted to the hospital because I fainted on my way back home after my part time job. Luckily the lady next door brought me to the hospital on time.

“I can’t reach your dad, Jisoo-ah .” Mrs.Jung said.

“Don’t bother yourself ajumma. He doesn’t care anyway.” “Aigoo~ poor kid.”

 

Mrs.Jung said and my hair pitifully. She was the lady who live next door and always took care of me from times to times as she only lives alone.

 

I was bored in the hospital bed and insist on going back but the doctor said I need a clear check up because my body is still weak.

I wonder how Chaeyoung is doing now.

 

Chaeyoung POV

A week has passed and still no sight of Jisoo. Just where the hell are you going? Did something happen to you? The thought started to scare me as I was afraid that something bad happened to her because I don’t even confess to her yet. My friend notice that I’m not my usual self and keep asking if I was fine.

 

A new week came and here I am again at the spot where I always meet her. This time I let out a smile and quickly run as I saw the same girl who I’m looking for. “Jisoo.” I shouted as she looked up and gave me a big smile back. This is the first time that I can see her smile with a whole teeth out.

 

Normal POV

“Where have you been? I miss you.” Jisoo stand up when she noticed Chaeyoung getting near. But before she could say anything Chaeyoung gave her a bone crashed hug.

 

“There’s something came up at home. So I took sometimes off from school.” “You could have tell me.” “I’m sorry.” “No prob. What matter is you’re here now. Here for you!” Chaeyoung being her positive spirit and gave Jisoo the banana milk again.

 

“Did you bring it every days?” Jisoo asked before taking a sip. Chaeyoung could only hum as she’s busying sipping too.

 

“I have something for you.” Jisoo said and grab her sketch pad giving it her Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung took it before opening it page by page. She amazed with Jisoo art talents. What more amazes is the similar scene before her eyes. Starting from the drawing of two girls one standing and one sitting. She looked at it closely one by one. As she reached a final page, she saw the two girls hugging under the same tree near the same lake.

“Jisoo, this is-“ “Our story.” Jisoo said and looke into Chaehyun’s eyes.

“Thank you Change for being my friend.”

 

The next day

Jisoo POV

I was admitted to the hospital again because it’s my surgery day. Yeah, I have a heart disease since I was born. and it’s worsen recently. My dad left me alone months ago and Mrs.Jung is kind enough to help me with this surgery. I don’t want it too but the doctor and Mrs.Jung pursue me. I decided to take the risk.

 

 

At school

Normal POV

Chaeyoung waited again at the same spot.

“Chaeyoung?” She heard a familiar voice calling behind her.

“Lisa? What are you doing here?”

“Jisoo ask me to do something for her.”

“Jisoo? Do you know her?”

“We share some class together but we aren’t close. Until yesterday she came up to me and ask me to bring something here at lunch time, saying I’d meet someone and give it to her. So the someone is you? How do you know her?”

 

“Maybe I am? I’m the only one who meet up with her here everyday.” 

“I see.” “So what did she want to give me?”

 

“Here, I don’t know what is it though.”

“Thank Lisa!” “I’m leaving now. See ya later mate.”

 

Chaeyoung sat down and open a similar piece of paper, a teared paper from the sketchpad, the really last piece. A picture, a girl standing alone with a sentence at the side. The sunset is beautiful, aren’t they. (The real meaning of this phrase is ‘I love you but I’ll let you go’)

 

Chaeyoung noticed another small piece of paper attached to the sketch, she teared it out and shakingly open it hoping it’s not something she think about.

 

Dear my dearest friend, Chaeyoungie <3

As you read this letter, I may or may not make it out of the operation room. I have a heart disease and need to do the surgery. I was so scare that I couldn’t make it and have to leave you. Remember the first day you approach me? I feel something strange inside me. You’re the first person who success to be my friend. Thank you for being my friend. Please don’t be sad! Even if I didn’t make it I’ll make sure to look after you from up there. Be happy because that I’ll be happy too. Let’s meet again in our next life.

Kim Jisoo’

 

Chaeyoung finished the letter and didn’t noticed her tears falling. Just like that she tried moving on from Jisoo.

 

 

 

 

One year later

Normal POV

The senior already graduated from high school, so does Chaeyoung. This is the time of the year where the school taking a break. Chaeyoung decided to come back here one last time before she’ll go to pursue her degree abroad.

 

Her legs dragged her to the familiar path leading to the exact same place where her memories are all there. School Lake.

 

As she reached there she saw a girl standing beside the lake. *Jisoo?*

 

“Jisoo?” Chaeyoung mutter softly and the girl turned around finally being able to see the girl again.

“It’s really you.” Chaeyoung wasted no time and hug the girl tightly.

 

“I miss you.”  Chaeyoung whispered.

“I miss you too.” Jisoo replied.

 

The two friends have sat and telling each other stories which they missed out.

Jisoo told Chaeyoung about her success in surgery and how Mrs.Jung have legally adopted her to be her daughter. She was discharged from the hospital but her mom keep her home and rent a tutor for her.

 

The two have caught up and continue their journey before it blossom to something more in the future.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**********
W/N

working on this when sleepiness kick in.

Enjoy the update.

 

till next time~