Follow your heart

JOURNEY

Normal POV

Summer break is over which mean new semester will start. Today is the first day of new semester. The students have different reactions to this new start. Some are excited to meet their classmates again while some are groaning about going back to school.

 

Somewhere in town

Seulgi was waiting patiently on her bike in front of Seungwan’s house. They were childhood bestfriend. They attended the same nursery, kindergarten, elementary school and now they were going to the same high school. Basically they have grown up together.

“Sorry, Seul. I woke up late.” “Stop watching drama until late you dumb.” Seulgi replied as she knuckled Seungwan’s forehead lightly which make the latter pout. *Aigooo that kid*

“Hop on, we gonna be late for school.” Seulgi said as she pushed her bag to Seungwan and get ready to ride both of them school.

Seungwan stop pouting and hop on the bike as she hugs Seulgi’s bag tightly with one hand with her other hand goes around the bear waist.

 

Both of them has reached school and walked to their class. They greeted their friends and make a way to their seat.

Seulgi sat in the last row of the class near the window as Seungwan sat on the third row in the middle line.

“Everyone stand up.” Seungwan instructed other students to stand up and pay the respect for the teacher who just walked it. Seungwas was a class president and that was her duty.

“You may sit down now.” Mrs. Kim said with a smile to her students. As the class started, the principle walked in with a new face next to him.

 

“Sorry Mrs. Kim for disturbing your class. I’m bringing a transfer student in.”

“Never mind. Mr. Principle” Mrs. Kim replied as the students watched the new face attentively.

“You may introduce yourself.” Mrs. Kim reminded the new girl. She seems to be very shy.

 

The girl took a step forward before start talking.

“Hello everyone. My name is Bae Juhyun. I’m moving here from Daegu. Please take a good care of me. Thank you.” Bae Juhyun or Juhyun introduced herself with a straight face as she bowed her head a little.

 

Most of the students are stunt with the belle in front of them. Her beauty and voice are really out of this world. Just then

“Are you sure you’re not an angel?” A girl from the back row said bluntly as the other student chuckle lightly but not Seulgi and Seungwan.

“Ehemmm… Manner, Haesook.” Mrs. Kim reminded her student.

“You may have a seat Juhyun-ah…. There, next to Seugwan.” Mrs. Kim said as she looked around to find a vacant seat for Juhyun. Juhyun walked toward the said table and took a seat. She turned her head to greet Seungwan as the latter gave her a small bow.

 

Seulgi POV

We have a new student today. Her name is Juhyun. She’s pretty but not prettier than my Seungwannie. Yeah Seungwannie or Son Seungwan, my bestfriend aka my crush. You heard me. Yeah I have a crush on my own bestfriend.

 

Normal POV

As class finished, Mrs. Kim has asked Juhyun and Seungwan to stay behind.

“If you have any question, you may ask Seungwan since she’s the class president. Seungwan, you may help the girl adjust well for the time being.”
“Nae, Mrs. Kim. Thank you.” ”Nae, Ssaem” Both girl replied to their teacher.

 

As the duo walked out, Seungwan lead the girl to the canteen to meet her other friends. As they made their way, they heard students whispered along the corridor about the new girl which beauty may outshine the whole school.

 

*She looks like a celebrity* *I wonder if she has a boyfriend* *I wish she was in my class*…. The students differently whispered.

 

Seungwan seem to lost in the her own world while Juhyun kept her head low not liking the attention people giving her.

As they reached the canteen

 

“Wan, here” Seungwan spotted her friends at their usual table.

“Wow, look who’s here?” Moonbyul said as she saw the new girl is coming with her dear friend.

The other look amazed as Seulgi stay muted the entire time. Seungwan told them about Mrs. Kim telling her to be Juhyun’s guide for the mean time so she decided to introduce the girl to her group of friend so they can help the girl adopt.

 

Weeks passed as Juhyun got close with Seungwan’s friend too but not Seulgi. For some reasons Juhyun thought the girl acted cold with her. Unknowingly to them, Seulgi can’t help but get jealous over the closeness of Seungwan and Juhyun. Seulgi became more quiet during their hang out. Her other friends noticed and asked but Seulgi discard them with an excuse that she’s just tired from practice. Seulgi was in swimming club and she has many practices for the upcoming tournament.

 

She doesn’t like this feeling. Having practice means less times with Seungwan. Sure, she’s okay with it before Juhyun came to the picture

She noticed the two became close really fast. And their closeness seems to be more than friends should. How can she tell? Well, they being more clingy and touchy. She caught Juhyun putting her hand over Seungwan often or they would casually hold hand when walking. These are things Seungwan and Seulgi did before.

 

What worse, she caught Juhyun and Seungwan giving each other kisses on cheeks or forehead when no one notices. Even their hugs are more intimate than friend did.

This is really bothering her.

 

Later that evening

Seulgi’s room

Seulgi was playing game from her desktop as her door suddenly open revealing her bestfriend.

“Yahhh, don’t you know how to knock?” Seulgi said annoyingly as she took off her headset. She twirled her chair around fully facing the girl as Seungwan walked to sit on her bed.

“I never knock you dumbdumb.” “What if you’re walking on me ?”

“Yahhhh” Seungwan blushed as she throw the pillow to Seulgi. The latter only laugh herr out because of her bestfriend’s reaction. *She’s so cute. Those cheeks are so squishy*

 

“Seriously Seul, I’m not coming here to play.” Seungwan replied honestly as Seulgi only raise her brows waiting for Seungwan to explain further.

 

“I don’t know but I think I’m in love.”

 

In that moment, Seulgi knows. She knew about Seungwan feeling about Juhyun. She tried to compose herself and replied.
“Is it Juhyun?” “What? H-h-how do you know?” Seungwan surprised as Seulgi only gave her a sad smile trying to hide her pain.

 

“Of course. I’m your almighty bestfriend Wannie.” Seulgi ruffle Seungwan’s hair as the girl pout.

“Am I that oblivious? Do you think Juhyun know too?” Seulgi only shrugged.
“Seul~~~” *How I wish I could brave up and confess sooner.*

 

“I’m not sure too but she seems to like you a lot too. Why don’t you try to confess?” Seulgi said as a matter of fact as she noticed how those two acted around each other.

 

“Help me Seul.” Seungwan said desparatedly and it’s only hurt Seulgi even more.

“Don’t be a dumbest. Everyone would be stupid if they reject you.”
“Why is that?” “You’re really are dumb huh? Of course, why wouldn’t they? You would make a perfect girlfriend.”

 

“Then why don’t you love me?” “Hahahah funny Wan. I love you of course. We literally growing up together. We’re like sibling. Then how come I didn’t love you?” *Of course Wan, You have no idea how much I love you*

“You’re right. Thank you Seul.” Seungwan replied as she stood up to hug the slightly older girl.

 

*SKIP SKIP SKIP*

After that night talk with Seulgi, Seungwan decided to confess on sportsday. Seulgi was having a competition that day and she planned to take the first place and bring the medal to give to Seungwan.

She really makes it to No.1 and get the medal. As she was excitedly walking to find her bestfriend, she asked the passing students if they saw Seungwan. They told her that Seungwan was at the rooftop.

She skipped the stairs to go up faster only to stop the moment her eyes caught the sight of a familiar figure kissing other girl.

*So you’re serious about falling in love. I guess I’m late now. Congrats Seungwan-ah*

 

Seulgi took a step back and walked home absentmindedly and turned off her phone.

 

Later that day

“Seul Seul Seul~~~” Seungwan walked in Seulgi’s room excitedly only to stop when she spotted her bestfriend curl up in the bed sleeping already with earphones on. She walked up and pulled the blanket to cover her properly.

 

She crouched down and turn off the music for her bestfriend.

 

“I made it. She accepted me Seul. Can’t wait to share the news with you tomorrow. Good night Seul.” She whispered to the sleeping girl. Little does she know, Seulgi only pretends to sleep. Seulgi smile bitterly at the news and let her tears down for the whole night. She skipped school for a week without telling her friend and asked her family not to tell them.

 

She took a short vocation to her grandma’s hometown to clear up her mind and move on.

 

A week later, Seulgi came back and have to deal with her furious friends from disappearing without telling them. Seungwan has it worse, she didn’t speak to Seulgi and keep herself busy with her girlfriend. She’s mad that Seulgi being like this. She’s made that Seulgi didn’t try to come to her and solve it.

 

Just like that their friendship of decades melted. They’re avoiding each other as much as they can. Their friends want to help but the duo always discard them. On their senior year, Seulgi even suggest to change class.

 

Sometimes, loving someone doesn't mean to have them. Seeing them happy with someone else and be happy for them is already the best love you could afford.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***********

W/N

Heyyo, wassup?

Welcome back yeoreopun~

This is a quick one and I didn't double check it.

Anyway, I decide to stop telling you the couple since I want y'all to find out with the story now.

Sorry for not so happy ending.

You know why? Because I'm not a happy person so it's hard to write the happier one.

Hope you still enjoy this chapter though.

Thank youuuuu so much for staying with me.

Till next time~

*Huggggggs*