Best friend

JOURNEY

Normal POV

It was Sunday morning. Many families have came to the park for picnic and brought their kids out for an outdoor activities.

 

“Umma, appa. I’ll go play there.” Said a 5 y/o girl as she pointed to the nearby kid park.

“Sure and be careful princess. I’ll follow you once I finished this up.” Her mother told her back while she nod before run off to join other kids playing.

 

Upon arriving there, she saw a kid sitting alone on the balance swing.

“Can I play with you? I’m Seungwan, 5y/o.” Little Seungwan introduced herself first

“I’m Seulgi. 5y/o too.” The Seulgi girl said shyly.

“Do you want candy?” Being an active kid Seungwan continue as she get some candies out of her jacket pocket and noticed Seulgi eyes sparkle at the mention of every kids favorite.

 

“But mom said not to accept thing from stranger.” “You know my name, I know your. We’re friend now.” Seungwan replied with a big smile. “Here you go. I promise I’ll be good girl.” Seungwan stick out her pinky promise to assure the girl that she mean no harm.

Seulgi finally reach her hand out and connect her pinky promise with Seungwan before taking the candies from her other hand. After a while Seungwan and Seulgi are playing together happily.

 

Years Later

Normal POV

“Kang Seulgi, wait for me.” Seungwan shouted as she noticed her best friend in front of the school gate. Seulgi stopped on her track and wait for Seungwan. As she was near enough Seungwan cling to Seulgi’s arm out of habit. Seulgi smiled a bit and pat Seungwan’s head gently before both of them walk to their first class.

 

“This is for you miss popular.” Arriving at the table their best friend Juhyun past a mini box of chocolate to Seungwan.

 

“Another one?” Yerim who was sitting at the table beside them asked.

“You guys can eat. I’m not interested.” Seungwan said simply. She’s really tired with those admirers/suitors who keep giving her chocolate, letters and other gifts. From putting in her locker to ask someone to deliver for her. 

Throughout the whole conversation, Seulgi could only stay silent.

 

Seulgi POV

After class, I went to my practice. I was in swimming and taekwondo club. And today I have a swimming practice. I stay longer than my teammate.

 

As I was changing in locker room I heard people entering and talking. They may think there’s no one else left inside.

 

“I can’t believe she ignored me.” I heard someone talking. Follow by another voice,

“Cut it. Maybe a nice way won’t get you, Son Seungwan.”

 

*Son Seungwan? As my best friend Seungwan?*

 

I walked out after the two left. I’m not sure who are they but I’m sure that they’re planning something bad on Seungwan. Since then I always make sure to never left Seungwan out of my watch. 

 

 

A week later

Normal POV

Seulgi was having a late taekwondo practice and let Seungwan go home with Juhyun first.

As she finished, she dropped by the convenience store and having her late dinner which is some cup noodle. While she was having her noodle she saw a familiar figure walking on the side road with two plastic bags. Seungwan? She forgot that they she came to the CS around Seungwan’s neighborhood since her doesn’t have one. She picked her phone about to call her best friend when suddenly she saw a group of boys surrounded her best friend and drag her into the dark valley. Without any more thought she ran out of the convenience store leaving her bag and stuff inside.

 

Seungwan POV

Today Seulgi was having a late practice and tell Juhyun to drop me home. She seem to be a bit more protective over me but no I’m not complaining in fact I love it. I just wonder because she never the one who being this protective. While I was doing my homework, my mom asked me to get her some groceries. I left the house to buy it and come back with two plastic bags. As I was near my house a group of 4 boys surrounded me. I recognize them as my schoolmate but we never talk to each other.

 

“What do you want?” I asked not even knowing their names.

They didn’t answer me, instead one of them walking from behind me and put his hand over my mouth and start dragging me into the dark alley.

 

Normal POV

“Who are you?” Seungwan asked shakingly as she tried to move away a from the boys’ grip. But who is she? She’s just a weak girl.

“You don’t even know my name. That’s sad!” One the boy who seem like their leader said.

“I’m Haesung. Your schoolmate, also your admirer.” Seungwan widen her eyes about the confession.

“What do you want? Why are you doing this?”

“I sent you a box of chocolate everyday but you never care about it. I like you a lot you know but seeing you ignore me, it hurts.”Haesung fake a face. “I think the only way to get you is-“

 

“Release her! Chan Haesung.” The four boys heard a girl voice and turning their heads to find their club mate, Kang Seulgi.

 *Seulgi* Seungwan suddenly feel relieve and worry at the same times. 

 

“Help me, Seulgi-ah.” Seungwan shouted.

 

“Well well. Now the bestie came. Would you like to join us, Kang Seulgi?.” Haesung said dirtily and smirk. “In your dream. Release her NOW!” Seulgi started to get angry. Her eyes changed now.

 

“What could a girl like you do?” Haesung said and laugh follow by his minions. “Get her.” Haesung took Seungwan from his minion’s grip and told them to fight with Seulgi.

 

Punch here and there as Seulgi using her Taekwondo skill to fight. 

“Seulgi!” Seungwan shouted again as she saw her bff getting hit by a beer bottle.

 

Haesung slapped her on her cheek and punch her stomach, making her felt down on the ground before he made her way to Seulgi. Seulgi saw Seungwan on the ground and the beast inside her finally release now. She was throwing punches and some kicks here and there until all the boys running for their life. She stopped the blood on her head with one hand and half run to the lifeless Seungwan. She used her last strength to carry the girl to the hospital.

 

Seoul Hospital

Normal POV

Arriving at the hospital, Seungwan was sent to ICU and Seulgi was brought to clean up her wound. It’s just a minor injury. After treating her own wounds, she borrowed the nurse’s phone to inform Seungwan’s and her own family about what happen before making her way to seat beside Seungwan’s bed. The girl sleep on the bed with a slight cut on the corner of her lips and some brushes on her body.

 

“Wake up soon Princess. I love you.” Seulgi whispered to the sleeping girl and give her forehead a kiss not knowing that Seungwan has woke up already.

 

“Do you mean it?” Seulgi surprise with a sudden voice as she pull away only to find Seungwan smiling weakly at her.

“H-how long have you been awake?” “Long enough to hear you say, I love you.” Seungwan teased as Seulgi could only blushed.

“Your family will be here soon. I’ll leave now.” Seulgi said and was about to walk away when she felt a tug on her shirt. She stopped but too scare to turn around.

 

“Aren’t you going to look at me?” Seungwan asked softly but Seulgi didn’t turn around. Seungwan thought of a way.

 

“I love you too.” This time Seulgi turning her head like a flash and blink her eyes rapidly.

Seungwan chuckled at her reaction.

“What did you say?” “I love you too Kang Seulgi, my best friend, my soulmate.”

Without any more words, Seulgi pull the girl into a tight hug as Seungwan rubbing her back gently.

“Be my girlfriend?” Seulgi asked when pulling away while Seungwan nodded. Seulgi lean down to peck her lips and quickly look away, embarrassed about her own antics. The new couple enjoying each other’s company and didn’t realize their families shooting the whole scene before walking away to let them have more times together first.

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll show this to my grandchild.” Said Papa Son as the other could only chuckled at his childishness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***********

W/N

Hey, another chapter is up!

Anyone here?

 

Thank you always! For patiently waiting for me.

Till next time~