Neighbor, “Wenseul”

JOURNEY

Normal POV

In the middle of May, a summer break from school where all students are free from classes.

 

Seulgi woke up today and decided to help her mom watering the plants in their family garden.

 

As she was watering the plants, she saw a big truck stopped near her house. Only then she realized that there’re new family moving in to the house next to hers.

 

She continued watering and glances to the new neighbor at times. On the last glances she noticed two girls walked in. By the side profile she assumed that one is slightly older than her while the other one is around her age.

 

The younger one among them has short blonde hair even her eyebrow is blonde. She has pointed nose and a smooth face. Seulgi didn’t care much and just walked back into her house after finished watering the plant.

 

THE Son’s Residence

Wendy POV

Hello, my name is Wendy Son Seungwan. I just moved here from Canada. I’ll start my new life here in South Korea and transferred to new school in next semester.

 

Lunch time

“Claire, Wendy. Come down, lunch is ready.” I heard mom’s voice from downstairs. I was in the middle of unpacking my luggage.

 

“Wen, take this to the neighbor.” My mom said as she passed me a bowl of soup.

 

“Why not Seunghee unnie?” “Did you forget that she injured her arm?”

 

I facepalmed myself as I remembered my older sister just broker her arm days ago before we moved. I sighed and accepted the soup from my mom before making my way to the next door.

 

I rang the bell. After a while, came a bear-like girl opening the door.

 

“My mom asked me to give you this. Err- we’re just moving here.”

 

Seulgi POV

After finished watering the plant I went back inside and enjoy watching TV while waiting for my mom to finish making lunch. Just then I heard someone ring our bell.

 

“Seulgi, get the door.” I heard my mom’s voice from the kitchen. “Naeeee” I replied her and walked to the door. Only then I saw a blonde, my new neighbor standing there with a bowl of soup in her hand.

 

“My mom asked me to give you this. Err- we’re just moving here.” I heard her voice.

 

Wahh~ Her voice is so sweet and her face is beautiful when seeing this up close.

 

“Errr hello?” I heard her voice again. Aigoo~ Did she just caught me staring? Way to embarrassed yourself Kang Seulgi.

 

“Ahhh yeah. Thank you. I’ll return your bowl later.” I finally replied her.

“Sure. I’ll get going now.” 

 

*Andwaeee~~ Stay here cute neighbor*

 

She excused herself after I get the bowl from her.

 

“Who’s there?” My mom asked as I walked in the kitchen.

“New neighbor. She brought us a bowl of soup.” “So thoughtful of them.” My mom said as she finished set up for lunch. There’s only two of us today as my mom works on night shift today. She’s a nurse at our village hospital. While my dad is at work like usual.

My older brother stay at his dorm and only came back once a while.

 

As we finished eating I volunteered myself to wash the dish and let my mom rest before going to work. When I finish washing dishes I grabbed my neighbor’s bowl.

 

Normal POV

Seulgi rang the bell of Son's residence. After a while an elder woman opened the door.

“Annyeonghasimnikka. I came to returned to bowl.” I gave her a bow and handed the bowl to her. I’m looking over her shoulder in temp of catching the blonde.

 

“Are you looking for my daughter?” Mrs. Son asked the younger girl.

“A-Ani I just want to get a glimpse of your interior.” Seulgi lied.

“You can came in if you’d like.” “Ani ani. It’s ok. Maybe later.”

 

“If you said so. Anyway what’s your name? You seem to be around my younger daughter age.” Mrs. Son asked the younger girl.

 

“I’m Seulgi. Kang Seulgi. A grade 10 student” Seulgi answered politely.

“Omo you’re really the same age as my daughter. Would you mind if I ask you to tour my daughter around later?”

 

“I don’t mind at all.” “Ok Seulgi-Ah. You’re such a sweet girl.” “Thank you. If you may excuse, I’ll get going now.”

 

“Ah nae. Sorry to keep you. Came here anytime, ok?” “Nae, I will.”

 

Seulgi gave a final bow before making her way back home. What’s an interesting family.

 

Later that day

Seulgi get out of her house for her evening jog when she noticed her blonde neighbor sitting in front of their house.

 

Seulgi walked up to the girl and greeted.

“Hey there.” Wendy looked up from her phone when she heard someone just greeted her. Realized that it’s her new neighbor standing in front of her with a shy smile.

 

“Hello. What’s up?” She replied lowly.

“I wonder if you want to join me for jogging. I can show you around town. Y-you know, you’re new here.” Seulgi rubbed her nape nervously.

 

Wendy chuckled with the girl reaction.

“Can you wait here? I’m gonna change to something more comfortable.” “Sure.”

 

Just then Wendy walked in to her house and changed. After minutes later, she came back with a track pants and a t shirt and sport shoes.

 

The duo walking around town as Seulgi guided the new comer. They stopped by a food stall and having their snack.

 

“Ahhh~ spicy” Wendy whined as she took a first bite of the over red tteokbokki. Seulgi panic and handed the girl water bottle.

 

“Sorry. I don’t know.” “Nahhh not your fault. I just don’t expect Korean tteokbokki to be this spicy. I had it back in Canada but it’s not this spicy.” Wendy chuckled with her own answer.

 

After the snack they stopped by an ice cream, Seulgi usual. They enjoyed each other company and get close easily as they’re the same age.

 

Seulgi learnt to know that the girl will transferred to her school next semester. She promised to tour the girl around campus.

 

Just like that, Wendy make her first friend in Korea or maybe their friendship might turn to something more in the future.

 

*Moving to new place isn’t bad after all* Wendy thought.

 

*Having a cute neighbor is such a blessed* Seulgi thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

**********
W/N

Wenseul in ya area~
Another chap, random shot is up my lovely reader.
What do you think? Should I write a sequel?

Leave me your thought, arraji?

Thank you, till next time~
*flying kisses*