Gone -Postlude- (2)

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

-Evening of the breakup-

 

・Rosie’s POV

 

“Ms. Park…” Henry looks at me with worried eyes, and I wave him off, “I’m fine Henry.” I smile at him and he sighs, “For what it’s worth, I think this is what you both need...and maybe one day, you’ll find each other again.”

 

“Thank you Henry.” I smile at him from the back, before turning my attention out the window.

 

I did the right thing….

 

I say to myself over and over again, to stop myself from breaking down in the back of the car, like in those cliche scenes from the movies.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

・Jennie’s POV

 

“Goodnight Jennie. Take care.” She says as I get out of the car, her voice sounding so calm...but I can clearly see, under the dim lights of the car, how broken her eyes looked.

 

I’m sorry…I wanted to say those words to her again, but Henry had already closed the door behind me.

 

“Goodnight Ms. Kim.” Henry looked at me with a soft smile.

 

“Thank you Henry...for everything.” I smile back.

 

“Of course Ms. Kim.” He nods.

 

“Oh and Henry..” I call out to him before he gets inside the car.

 

“Yes miss?”

 

“Take care of her.”

 

“As always miss.”

 

The walk from our driveway to the front door has never felt this long and lonely before...maybe it’s because for the past 8 years Rosie was always there.

 

I had just finished changing when I heard commotion in my bedroom.

 

“Jen…” Jisoo engulfed me in a tight hug after we locked eyes with each other.

 

“It’s fine..I’m okay.” I say, because it’s true. I am okay. Actually, I feel more sorry than sad over the breakup.

 

“Are you really?” Jisoo looks at me, trying to gauge if I’m lying or not.

 

“Chu…” I looked at Jisoo.

 

“Jennie it’s me...you can tell me anything. I mean you and Rosie have been together for 8 years! And suddenly she breaks up with you? Her, Park Chaeyoung...your Rosie since high school. It’s just Rosie loves you so much.It’s unfathomable to me that she would be the one to initiate it.”

 

“Sometimes...letting go is easier than holding on.”

 

“What?”

 

“This is her way of making me happier.” I answer and before Jisoo has a chance to ask more questions another person enters my room.

 

“Nini.”

 

“Hi.” I smile at Lisa, while I know Jisoo’s watching the two of us carefully.

 

“Jen.” Jisoo calls to me and I turn to her, “Everything that glitters isn’t always gold.” She says, before leaving me alone with Lisa.

 

“Are you okay?” Lisa asks.

 

“Why is everyone asking me this?” I chuckle lightly, sitting in front of my vanity.

 

“Jennie.” Lisa follows after me, “Rosie texted me.”

 

“She did.” I stiffen.

 

“Yes, and I don’t understand what she means? What happened?”

 

I sigh, “Lili…” I turned, looking up at her, “Rosie and I broke up.”

 

“What?” She frowns, “Why?”

 

“Because...it takes two to be in a healthy relationship.” I reply, focusing back on my evening skin care routine.

 

“So what, that’s it? You two are over? You’re not even going to try and fix this? To for once fight for her when all she’s ever don..”

 

“I don’t love her anymore Lisa.” I interrupt, feeling a surge of annoyance at the lecture Lisa was giving me, “I don’t and she knows, that’s why she broke up with me. I don’t understand why you’re lecturing me about this..when you’ve known too.”

 

“Jennie..” Lisa sighs, sitting on the edge of my bed, avoiding my gaze, “Rosie’s my best friend.”

 

“I know.”

 

 

-3 months Post Breakup-

 

・Rosie’s POV

 

“Good morning to my bestest friend in the whole wide wonderful universe.”

 

“Lis...it’s 7am...why are you so loud?” I ask, taking my focus off of the case file on my desk and moving them towards my overly energetic best friend.

 

“I’m just a bit nervous.” She admits.

 

“I figured with the extra decibels.”

 

“Chaeyoung.” She calls me by my Korean name, a sign that whatever she needs to tell me is quite serious. And judging by the way she’s fidgeting and can hardly keep eye contact with me, I know exactly what...err who, she wants to talk about.

 

“Oh it’s serious.” I try to keep the air light. Don’t need to be breaking down this early.

 

“Yeah it kind of is..oh and here.” Lisa places a breakfast burrito on my desk, “I know you skipped breakfast because of the case you and Aly are working on.”

 

“Thanks.” I place the burrito on the side, “I know you’re going to ask about Jennie.” I smile knowingly, ignoring that dull ache in my heart that’s been slowly going away.

 

“How’d you know?”

 

“Lisa, you are my best friend...and honestly I’ve been waiting for you to come to me about it.”

 

“Rosie...you know I respected what you and her had.”

 

“I know.” I nod.

 

“And believe me that I’ve tried my best to see her as platonically as possible, but then you went off and broke up with her, texted me all these things that night, and...I just..I’m sorry. I didn’t know I was that obvious.”

 

“You both were.” I chuckle lightly, trying to hide the pain just a bit longer, “Why else do you think I did it?”

 

“Rosie.” Lisa looks at me with apologetic eyes.

 

“Look Lis, I texted you right?” I smile at her, hoping that my eyes do the same, “I told you to give her the love that she deserves and I meant that. Thank you for respecting our relationship, but that’s over...Jennie and I, we’re not anything to each other anymore.”

 

“But 8 years Rosie...you loved her for 8 years….and I was one of the people rooting for you guys..I just don’t know why things changed...why I began to feel like this towards her.”

 

“Lisa, I love her so much, that’s why I don’t need to have her. I just want her to be happy and for that to happen, I needed to let her go. You make her happy Lisa.” I look at my best friend who’s tears were welling up, “Lili and Nini..you guys are perfect for each other.”

 

“Rosie..”

 

“Don’t cry…” I reach out, wiping the stray tear from Lisa’s face, “I’m slowly starting to get over it...I’ve been preparing myself for that day for a while. It hurts yes, but not as bad as when I first saw the way she looked at you changed.”

 

“You tell me not to cry but you go and say something like that??? What the hell Rosie?” Lisa whines, tears streaming down endlessly now.

 

“You big baby.” I get up, pulling her into my arms, “Just take care of her.”

 

“I will...I promise.”

 

“Okay..well then go get your girl Manoban.” I pull back, wiping Lisa’s tears away. Feeling proud of myself for holding mine in.

 


 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

・Jennie’s POV

“Ohhhh someone’s all smiley.. I wonder why.” Irene teases me, poking my shoulder childishly.

 

“Stop it and I’m not smiley.” I try to swat her hand away, but my makeup artists hisses at me to stay put.

 

“Sorry..” I apologize, feeling the smile come back on my face.

 

“Right not smiley.” Irene sarcastically replies and instead of going off to change into her next outfit like usual she stands there watching me a bit.

 

“Yes?”

 

“It’s nothing.” She shakes her head.

 

“No..it’s something..I know you Rene, what’s up?” I ask, watching her through the mirror.

 

“I’m sure you already know...it’s nothing.”

 

“Uh...what do I already know?”

 

“About Rosie.” I frown...it’s been 3 months since any of my friends has mentioned her name to me...even Lisa doesn’t talk about her to me..even though Rosie is her best friend.

 

 

But before I could even ask what she meant, Lisa arrived.

 

“Nini hi.” She beams her smile at me, and I feel my cheeks flush, “Good morning.”

 

“Well that’s our cue guys.” Irene says in that teasing tone of hers, and the staff all chuckle.

 

“I’m all done Jen..just try not to ruin it.” Tiffany says, eyeing Lisa and me.

 

“Tiff!” I whined, suddenly feeling embarrassed, while everyone chuckles on their way out, leaving me and Lisa alone.

 

“Thank you for this.” I grab the iced americano from her outstretched hand, taking a sip.

 

“You my lovely Nini are very welcome.” Lisa winks.

 

“It’s 9am and you’re being cute already Ms. Manoban.”

 

“Me?”

 

“Yes you.”

 

“Not me.”

 

“Okay Lili.” I chuckle, “What’s up?”

 

“I was just wondering...if you’d like to hang out later this evening..maybe go watch a movie and have dinner.”

 

“Are you asking me out?”

 

I try to keep my tone neutral, not too excited or giddy. I still have to play hard to get.

 

“Yeah..” Lisa rubs the back of her neck nervously, “I kinda am...I talked to Rosie about it a week ago and she’s okay with you know...giving us a try.” Lisa says her eyes avoiding me.

 

“Well if you keep on avoiding looking at me...I might say no.” I tease, and her eyes quickly meet mine, “But since you did come all this way bringing me coffee and being extra adorable than I guess I’ll say pick me up at 6?”

 

“I..uhh..Yeah, 6 is great..I’ll come fetch you here. Okay well have a good shoot Nini.” Lisa’s smile is so bright I think I was blinded by it.

 

“Okay..see you then.”

 

“Yeah.” She steps forward, hugging me briefly before running off.

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: This part and the next will mostly be focused on what happened in the year since they broke up. Also, the POV will be swtiching often in the updates to consolidate things 🤙🏻

 

Let me know what you think 😬😬

 

Bye