What Do I Call You Now? (3)

Chaennie Collections vol 2.

“Lisa.” Chaeyoung pulls Lisa’s attention away from her phone, “Did we?”

 

“Chaeng..” Lisa sighs, replying a quick ‘I’ll be right there’ before pocketing her phone.

 

“Look I just need you to confirm it for me..because I already know the answer.”

 

“Fine. Yes, you did. But it doesn’t matter, Mina’s back right? Look I have to go...Chu needs help.” Lisa leaves before Chaeyoung could get another word out.

 

“It does matter...a lot.” Chaeyoung looks down at the note, “How did we lose each other Jen? How did I lose you?”

 

~ ~

 

“What happened?” Lisa asks as soon as Jisoo opens the door.

 

“Oh Lisa! Hey!” Jennie greets the taller girl, who immediately begins checking for any injuries.

 

“You’re okay?” Lisa asks Jennie, who nods.

 

“She’s okay.” Lisa looks at Jisoo who shakes her head no slightly.

 

“Jen you stay there, I gotta go talk to Lisa okay?”

 

“Sure Chu.” Jennie nods, and Jisoo leads Lisa to the kitchen.

 

“She looks fine to me.” Lisa whispers.

 

“She went to Lacuna.” Jisoo replies.

 

“LACUmmmppphhh?” Jisoo cups Lisa’s mouth

 

“Shhhh, she doesn’t remember going.” Jisoo whisper yells.

 

“Why would she go there?” Lisa asks, “I thought they were completely bogus.”

 

“Yeah well apparently it’s possible to play with people’s memories.”

 

“Yeah like the universe doesn’t already do that enough.” Lisa scoffs and Jisoo stays quiet, because Lisa is right. Why forget? How will you learn and grow if you just forget?

 

“Look she knows me..and it seems like she knows you. I don’t really know what she rememb..”

 

“Everything good here?” Jennie pops up from behind Lisa, interrupting Jisoo.

 

“Yeah, everything’s fi..”

“Jennie do you know who this is?” Lisa pulls a photo of Chaeyoung up on her phone, while Jisoo side-eyes the girl, holding herself from landing a clean smack on Lisa’s shoulder.

 

“Yeah it’s Chaeyoung..she’s our friend.” Jennie replies.

 

“I mean yes that’s right..but I mean uhm..do you remember?”

 

“Remember what?” Jennie tilts her head to the side.

 

“Remember that we are supposed to hang out this weekend.” Jisoo interrupts, her eyes telling Lisa to shut up.

 

“We’re we? Sorry it must have slipped my mind.” Jennie chuckles.

 

“It’s fine. Let’s just go watch that movie you mentioned.” Jisoo smiles, grabbing Jennie and leading her back to the living room.

 

This is not good. Lisa thinks to herself, following the two.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“WHAT?!” Jisoo yells after Lisa tells her why Chaeyoung came by last night.

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Why didn’t you tell me last night??”

 

“I was too worried about Jen and forgot..”

 

“Well there’s nothing we can do now? Chaeyoung knows, but she doesn’t remember..I mean she won’t confront Jen about it…” Jisoo pauses, “Right?”

 

“I’m calling chipmunk.”

 

~

 

“Hey Jen.” Chaeyoung ignores the call from Lisa, smiling at the brunette.

 

“Oh hey Chae..what’s up? What brings you to my office?” Jennie asks.

 

“Chae?” Chaeyoung frowns.

 

“Uh..yeah Chae from Chaeyoung, that’s your name right?” Jennie chuckles.

 

“Yeah..but you…”

 

“Ms. Kim.”

 

“Yes Lia?”

 

“Someone left these for you.” Lia walks in and hands Jennie a bouquet of white daisies.

 

“Who?” Jennie asks, taking the flowers.

 

“It’s Mr. Kim.”

 

“Oh.” Jennie reads the attached note.

 

“Who’s Mr. Kim?” Chaeyoung asks with a raised brow.

 

“Just..” Jennie pauses, “Someone.”

 

“Someone huh.” Chaeyoung nods, “A special someone?”

 

“You can say that.”

 

“Right.” Chaeyoung smiles stiffly, “You never mentioned them before.”

 

“I haven’t? Hmm maybe you guys can meet someday.” Jennie replies.

 

“Don’t want to.” The blonde mutters under her breath.

 

“Did you say something?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Okay…” Jennie studies the girl in front of her, trying to determine what’s causing her to be moody all of a sudden, “Everything okay?” She finally asks.

 

“Yeah..peachy.” Chaeyoung replies, crossing her arms across her chest.

 

“You sure?” Jennie pries, she knows the blonde is sulking.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Alright if you say so.” Jennie returns to her desk, after placing the flowers in an empty vase she had.

 

A silence drapes over the two. Chaeyoung watching Jennie carefully.

 

Something’s different...but not.. Chaeyoung thinks, trying to figure out why the person in front of her doesn’t seem like the girl she’s known these past few weeks.

 

“Hello Chu?” Jennie picks up her phone, finally breaking the quiet atmosphere, “Yeah she’s here, I’m not sure why. Oh okay.”

 

“Chu wants to talk to you.” Jennie hands the phone to Chaeyoung.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Chaeyoung, come to our place now.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Just come here. Don’t say anything to Jen.”

 

“Okay okay.”

 

“Good. Now hand the phone back”

 

“She wants to talk to you again.” Chaeyoung hands Jennie her phone.

 

“Yes?”

 

“You really went right?”

 

“Went where?”

 

“Just...yes or no Jen.”

 

“I don’t know..what..”

 

“The truth Jennie Kim.”

 

“What truth? Why have you and Lisa been acting weird since last night?”

 

“It’s...nevermind, I know the answer. Don’t stress yourself out too much at work today okay?”

 

“Hmm.” Jennie hums, hanging up the phone with a frown.

 

“Chu and Lisa went to see you last night?” Chaeyoung asks.

 

“Well Chu first then Lisa, but yeah.”

 

“That’s not what Lisa told me.” Chaeyoung frowns.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing..I gotta go, Lisa needs help with something. I was going to ask you to have lunch, but raincheck for this weekend?”

 

“Sure.” Jennie smiles.

 

~ ~ ~

“You two did not go to the clinic last night, you went to see Jennie. Why?” Chaeyoung asks when Jisoo opened the door for her.

 

“Before we tell you what we know...tell us what you know.” Jisoo says, leading Chaeyoung inside.

 

“Here.” Chaeyoung grabs the note from her wallet, “I found that in Lisa’s book. I know she remembers.”

 

Jisoo reads the note carefully, while Chaeyoung watches her carefully, “You also remember..you, Lisa, and Jennie..you all don’t forget like the rest of us.”

 

Jisoo looks at Lisa, who nods.

 

“Yes, the three of us remember, but before you run off and ask Jen about why you wrote that note. Tell me, do you have feelings for Jennie?”

 

“I like her..I don’t know how deep it is..but I know, after spending the past few weeks with her that I do like her.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“With Mina back, you..”

 

“Mina and I are just close friends, okay I admit..I had a tiny crush on her for a bit, but she told me she likes someone else, which she’s currently dating.”

 

“She is?! But she...and you..and we thought..” Jisoo was flustered, “Why didn’t you tell us this before?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Okay so…” Jisoo tells Chaeyoung everything..starting from the first time to the story behind the note, and finally about Lacuna.

 

“She doesn’t remember me?” Chaeyoung asks, still trying to process everything Jisoo just told her.

 

“Well..I mean you went to see her today right?”

 

“I meant me, the person she fell in love with.” Chaeyoung sighs, staring at the note she had written before she forgot.

 

“It’s still you Chipmunk.” Lisa sits next to her best friend, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

 

“Yeah….but now she’s got Mr. Kim.” Chaeyoung rolls her eyes.

 

“Mr. Kim?” Lisa frowns.

 

“He sent her daisies.”

 

“Daisies huh.” Jisoo nods knowingly.

 

“You know him babe?” Lisa asks.

 

“No no.” Jisoo shakes her head, eyeing Chaeyoung, “But she did mention him once or twice. They often hangout.”

 

“Hangout?!” Chaeyoung stands up.

 

“Chong-ah calm down. Trust me, this Mr. Kim isn’t a threat, plus Jen’s always found her way to..” Lisa stops, “Oh.”

 

“Yeah ‘oh’.. She doesn’t remember anymore..”

 

“Well you don’t either.”Jisoo begins, which earns her Chaeyoung’s sad eyes, “That’s not what I meant..all I’m saying is maybe this time..it’s you that needs to find your way to Jen.” Jisoo places a hand over Chaeyoung’s, “Maybe the 4th time's the charm.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

Months later, things have sort of changed between Chaeyoung and Jennie, because although Jennie went through having parts of her memories erased, she still found herself drawn to Chaeyoung and now they’re in the confusing state of knowing they have feelings for each other, but not dating exclusively.

 

“Jen let’s go have lunch.” Chaeyoung happily enters Jennie’s office, almost colliding with the girl because Jennie was on her way out for lunch herself.

 

“Oh…” Jennie had an awkward smile, “I alre.”

 

“Ms. Kim.” Lia interrupts, “I’m sorry for interrupting, but Mr. Kim’s car is waiting for you in front of the main entrance.”

 

“Mr. Kim?” Chaeyoung had to stop herself from rolling her eyes at this.

 

“Okay thank you Lia.”

 

“You’re picking him over me.” Chaeyoung pouts.

 

“I already promised him...look I’ll make it up to you. How about we have lunch and dinner tomorrow?”

 

“Why not dinner tonight?”

 

“Uh well…”

 

“That Mr. Kim again??? Who is this guy anyways?” Chaeyoung huffed.

 

“Ms. Kim.” Lia enters again.

 

“Yes I’ll be right down.” Jennie nods at her secretary before turning to the sulking blonde, “I have to go.” Jennie gives a sorry smile, placing a quick peck on Chaeyoung’s cheek to appease the girl, “Make sure you eat okay? Bye.” Jennie runs off.

 

“Lia.” Chaeyoung goes to Jennie’s secretary, “Where are they having lunch?”

 

~

 

“Ohh this is bougie Chae.” Lisa looks around in awe as the two are seated.

 

“Mhm.” Chaeyoung looks around, the place Lia told her.

 

“So what’s with the sudden invite?” Lisa asks.

 

“Yep.” Chaeyoung nods, her eyes scanning every table.

 

Lisa follows her best friend’s eyes, “Who are you looking for?”

 

“No one.” Chaeyoung replies, still scanning.

 

“Really?” Lisa blocks Chaeyoung's eyes with her hand.

 

“Lisa.” Chaeyoung hisses.

 

“I’m just going to take a guess here, but you’re looking for Jen aren’t you? Actually, with the way you’re acting I know for sure it’s a yes.”

 

“Fine..I am.” Chaeyoung finally gives Lisa some attention, “She’s supposedly here having lunch with that mysterious Mr. Kim.”

 

“Ahhh, so you’re worried.”

 

“Worried about?” Chaeyoung returns her attention back to finding her girl.

 

“That this Mr. Kim is going to take Jennie away.”

 

“Like he could.”

 

“Well he’s having lunch with her and you're here with me.”

 

“Whatever.” Chaeyoung rolls her eyes.

 

“Why don’t you just make it official between you two? I mean, we all know you two have feelings for each other..it’s very obvious and you guys aren’t very platonic. Seriously, why do you guys put a front of being “just friends” when it’s obvious that you two are more than that?”

 

“I talked to Jen about it already and I suggested this thing we have.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because...what if we lose each other forever this time?”

 

“You’re an idiot Chae.” Lisa shakes her head, “Have you learned nothing from all the stories Chu and I told you?”

 

“I know but..”

 

“Do you really? The universe took your ability to learn from your past relationships, and now you’re repeating everything you’ve done before, except this time,” Lisa motions out the window where Jennie is seen entering a car, a huge smile on her face, “I don’t think you’ll have to worry about losing each other forever, if she chooses someone else.”

 

~ ~

 

The entire day was a blur for Chaeyoung. The only thing occupying her mind were Lisa’s words.

 

“Chae?”

 

“Hello you here?”

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

“Park Chaeyoung!”

 

The blonde is snapped out of her trance, “Teddy hey..when’d you get here?”

 

“A while, what’s on your mind?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“It can’t be nothing, if you were so lost in thought. C’mon, maybe I can help. I’ve been doing this living thing longer than you have.” Teddy urges the younger woman to share what’s been bothering her lately.

 

“Okay fine.” Chaeyoung relents, telling Teddy everything she knows.

 

“Wow..that’s..amazing. So Jennie and you before and you lost her? Damn.” Teddy teases.

“Teddy.”

 

“Ok ok. So now you’re thinking that Jennie’s going to choose this Mr. Kim guy??”

 

“Well she seemed so smiley earlier and she blew me off for him.”

 

“Now are you sure it’s not for work?”

 

“I’m sure. Lia, her secretary would have come if it was.”

 

“Well then Chae..maybe you need to clarify with Jennie what you two are. Because you guys are technically just friends. So why wouldn’t she go on dates?”

 

“But what if I mess things up again?” Chaeyoung groans.

 

“Look, a key thing in a relationship is trust and communication.”

 

“Well aren’t you a love guru Mr. Still Single.” Chaeyoung teases.

 

“Yeah yeah whatever...Just if I were you, I’d go after her now, before that Mr. Kim takes her away.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Chae?” Jennie opens the door, already dressed in her pajamas.

 

“Jen hey..uh we need to talk.”

 

“Sounds serious, but can it wait until tomorrow?” Jennie glances behind her.

 

“It is serious and important. Please?”

 

“Alright, but we have to be quiet.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Yeah, it took me forever to get him to sleep.”

 

“Him? Sleep? Who else is here?” Chaeyoung stands looking around. Jennie’s clothes are changed so the blonde has no idea what happened before she came by and it’s driving her crazy.

 

“Chaeyoung shhh.” Jennie cups a hand over Chaeyoung’s mouth, but at this point all Chaeyoung saw was green.

 

“Jennie..who..”

 

“Auntie J.” A small voice is heard and Jennie groans.

 

“I’m here.” Jennie sighs, glaring at the blonde.

 

“I woke up and you weren’t there.” A little boy, about 5 years old, groggily walks to Jennie raising his arms up for Jennie to lift him.

 

“Sorry about that bud.” Jennie carries the boy, while Chaeyoung stands there in-shock.

 

“Auntie J who’s that?” The little boy asked softly, burying his head in the crook of Jennie’s neck.

 

“A friend, her name is Chaeyoung.” Jennie replies.

 

“Hello auntie Chaeyoung.” The boy hums already falling back asleep.

 

“Uh hello.” Chaeyoung replies.

 

“C’mon bud, let’s get you back to bed. Auntie Chaeyoung and I will just talk and then I’ll be right in.”

 

“Hmm.”

 

After tucking the little boy back in bed, Jennie returned to the living room where Chaeyoung, now sitting on the couch, was still trying to process everything that just happened.

 

“I told you to be quiet.” Jennie hisses, plopping on the couch next to the blonde.

 

“Well I’m sorry, I panicked.” Chaeyoung replies, being pulled from her stupor.

 

“Panicked? Why would you panic?”

 

“Wouldn’t you panic if you felt like the most important person in your life was about to be taken away from you?” Chaeyoung looked at Jennie softly, completely stunning the girl with her words.

 

“I uhm..I mean yeah. I guess I would.”

 

“I care a lot about you Jen and after talking with everyone, I realized that I don’t want to just be your friend anymore. I can’t lose you. Jennie I love you.” Chaeyoung confesses.

 

“This is the first time.” Jennie finally speaks up after a few moments of silence, “This is the first time that you came to me first. The first time that you found me first.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I’ve been having recurring dreams lately, they felt so real..and a few weeks ago I stumbled on a box in my parents house. Inside there were trinkets and photos of us..and the scenes in my dreams, the photos..it all matched up and I realized that they were memories..my memories..and the fact that I had all that means that I should have remembered..so I dug around some more and found out that I went to Lacuna and that I went there to forget about us.”

 

“Jen..”

 

“I’m sorry for telling you all this, when you don’t remember a thing and I still don’t remember all the details..but I must have had a reason to make a decision like that. I mean why would I only choose to forget about our past and not you.”

 

“Jennie I…” Chaeyoung tried to speak, but Jennie interrupted her again.

 

“Chaeyoung, I must have had a reason. I’ve thought about all the whys, tried to piece the broken memories I have..and I think the reason why I did that was because I was tired of losing you.”

 

“Jennie..”

 

“And even now...You and I are friends right?”

 

“It was only supposed to be a break Jen.” Chaeyoung hands Jennie the note she found, “A break.”

 

“I know, but..”

 

“Is this how you felt?” Chaeyoung interrupts, “All those times I said goodbye?”

 

“I tried my best to always find my way back to you, without expecting more.”

 

“I know, but Jen..now I’m here.”

 

“For now, but one day we’ll end up broken again...and only I’m the one that gets hurt with the memories of the past. Maybe even after tonight you’ll forget..I mean we weren’t very platonic.”

 

“Stop Jennie. Stop thinking about a future that I won’t allow to happen. I promise you this time that I’ll fight..that I won’t run away. Please don’t be scared anymore love. Trust me.”

 

~ ~ ~ ~

 

“So you’re telling me that Mr. Kim is actually Jennie’s nephew?” Lisa laughed as Jisoo told her the real identity of Mr. Kim, a detail Chaeyoung refused to tell them when she recounted what happened that night in Jennie’s apartment.

 

“Yep.”

 

“Wait how do you know that?”

“I’ve always known, but I needed something to push the two together. Oh by the way I won the bet babe.”

 

“What bet?” Chaeyoung arrives at the cafe with Jennie.

 

“Nothing, just something between Lisa and I.” Jisoo smirks at her girlfriend.

 

“I’d rather not know.” Chaeyoung shakes her head.

 

“Same.” Jennie agrees.

 

“Yeah yeah whatever. Just sit down so we can order and then talk about how Chae was jealous of Jennie’s nephew.” Lisa had a teasing smile.

 

“Who? Not me.” Chaeyoung denies.

 

“You totally were Rosie.” Jennie chuckles, “I seriously thought she was going to ask me to carry her like I do with Gabriel.”

 

“Why is he so clingy anyways? He’s 5, practically an adult.” Chaeyoung huffs, causing Jisoo and Lisa to laugh out animatedly, while Jennie stares at her girl endearingly.

 

“Don’t worry, Mr. Kim won’t be taking me away from you.” She whispers in Chaeyoung’s ear.

 

“Yeah yeah.” Chaeyoung waves her off, trying to get Jisoo and Lisa to stop laughing.

 

“I love you.” Jennie smiles.

 

“Great we get the cheesy couple back.” Lisa stops laughing.

 

“I love you too.” Chaeyoung smiles.

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

A/n: It’s the end of the semester for me..sorry for the wait..anyways, this is the ending for this story, and tbh it was not supposed to be happy but I’m also like no no let’s give this to them lol.

 

Oh and idk if y’all saw but there was a poll on twitter to pick between Chaennie, Lisoo, or Both. Chaennie won, but….lowkey might make it both 🙈🙈👉🏼👈🏼

 

As always let me know what you think. You know how to reach me.

 

Till next time

 

Ciao~