Chapter 8 Not the Same

My Treasure

A few weeks later...

 

*Junghwa and Yoshinori had just came back from their honeymoon in Jeju Island. Meanwhile, 

after that day, Jaehyuk didn’t come to the bus stop nor the comic book store and she felt sorry for not keeping his promise. He started avoiding her because he knows that that she will never like him back the way he likes her. 

 

Jaehyuk´s mind: Nothing is the same anymore since you moved on from me. I hope you’re happy with Yoshinori.

 

Junghwa´s mind: I just don’t get it. Why is he suddenly avoiding me? Did I do something wrong?

 

*Junghwa tried talking to Jaehyuk but no use. He kept avoiding her and the guilt kept eating her up alive. This went on for several weeks, and Junghwa couldn’t take it anymore. She had to see him now. She searched his house-

 

*Junghwa waits in front of Jaehyuk’s house. Jaehyuk’s mom comes out taking out the garbage and spots her.

 

Jaehyuk’s mom: Congrats on your marriage dear, I’m so happy for you!

 

Junghwa: Thank you. *bows* 

 

Jaehyuk’s mom: But what brings you here?

 

Junghwa: Is Jaehyuk home? I need to talk to him.

 

Jaehyuk’s mom: I’m sorry sweetie but he’s not here. He left this morning.

 

Junghwa: Thank you. 

 

Jaehyuk’s mom: Do come visit sometimes. I’ll make you my special lasagna.

 

Junghwa: Thank you I’ll visit soon!! *bows and runs away*

 

*Jaehyuk’s mom smiles to herself as she watches Junghwa head off. 

 

Jaehyuk’s mom´s mind: She has grown up to be a fine young lady. If only our Jaehyuk had met a girl like her.

 

*Junghwa tried Prince Comics but he wasn’t there. He was nowhere to be found. Where could he be?

 

Junghwa´s mind: , damn it! Where is he?

 

*Junghwa just remembered the promise she made with him a few months ago.

 

Flashback

 

*Every weekday morning, Jaehyuk and Junghwa would see each other at the bus stop and on Saturdays they would spend time together at the comic book store. They got closer as time went by. 

 

Junghwa: OMGG no way, you peed your pants on your first job interview in grade ten?

 

Jaehyuk: I was nervous, okay?

 

*Junghwa and Jaehyuk look at each other and burst into laughter.

 

Junghwa: I can’t believe that you did that! That’s so embarrassing!!

 

Jaehyuk: But not as embarrassing as yours!

 

Junghwa: True. 

 

*Junghwa gets a text message from Yoshinori

 

Yoshinori: We’re at the airport. My parents will be here soon.

 

Junghwa: I should get going. 

 

Jaehyuk: Of course nuna, I’ll see you on Monday. Wait nuna, are you free tonight?

 

Junghwa: Yeah why?

 

Jaehyuk: I’ll meet you at the park near my house. Can you come by 7 pm?

 

Junghwa: Sure.

 

Jaehyuk: Great. See you then.

 

*Junghwa nods and waves goodbye. She gets into her car and drives away.

 

End of flashback

 

Junghwa: Is he at the park? No way…

 

*Junghwa runs to the park but to her surprise she finds Jaehyuk there on one of the benches crying. She runs to him.

 

Junghwa: Jaehyuk, I’m so glad I found you. I need to talk to you.

 

Jaehyuk: Talk to me about what? *faces her* Don’t you think you have enough to my heart already, nuna?

 

Junghwa: What? What do you mean? I don’t understand.

 

*Jaehyuk stands up and faces her. He wipes the tears off his face.

 

Jaehyuk: Why would you hang out with me and shake my heart again? You promised me that we would date each other when we were adults but you got married to someone else. What’s with you and your broken promises, nuna? Why?

 

Junghwa: You still remember that stupid promise?

 

Jaehyuk: Of course. How can I forget anything about you? 

Don’t you get it, nuna?

I never even looked at other girls my entire life.

You’re the only girl I know.

I’m like a racehorse running forward.

Whenever I see you my heart keeps burning for you. *hits his chest*

(reference to Treasure’s Mmm)

 

Junghwa: Look, Jaehyuk, I-

 

*Jaehyuk grabs onto her wrist and pulls her closer to him.

 

Junghwa: What are you-

 

Jaehyuk: Don’t you think you should at least give me a chance too?

I’m a man too you know.

 

Junghwa: Jaehyuk, I can’t. I can’t accept your feelings. I-

 

*Jaehyuk suddenly pulls her into a hug 

 

Jaehyuk: I know you can’t. *tears fall* But can you at least give me a chance?

 

Junghwa: What?