Chapter 1 I Need Answers

My Treasure


Yoshinori: Babe, whose the guy you were talking to earlier on the bus? Whose this Jaehyuk dude?

 

Junghwa: Oh he’s my childhood best friend. 

 

Yoshinori: I see.

 

Junghwa: Is my baby jealous? *pinches his cheeks*

 

Yoshinori: No what are you talking about? *quickly denies*

 

*Though he denies it, his face turns tomato red and she giggles. 

 

Junghwa: You’re too cute Yoshi. *pecks his lips* Don’t worry there’s nothing going on between us besides I love you.

 

*Yoshi smiles as he hears that

 

Yoshi: I’m glad.

 

Junghwa: I’ll see you later baby.

 

Yoshi: See you, babe! *pecks her goodbye*

 

*Junghwa waves and heads inside the waffle shop. Yoshinori heads to the music department building and gets greeted by his friends Mashiho and Asahi. Haruto is not here for he’s still a high school student. 

 

Mashiho: Hey buddy!

 

Asahi: There’s a new video game store that just opened across the street. Wanna go? Haruto said that he’ll meet us there after school.

 

Yoshinori: Sorry I can’t you guys. I have plans with my fiance today.

 

Asahi: Dude you’re always with her. 

 

Mashiho: That’s no fun. 

 

Yoshinori: I promised to take her out for dinner and the movies today after work.

 

Mashiho: Oh look at you. You’re such a Mr. Romantist.

 

Yoshinori: No no I’m not!!

 

Asahi: Yes you are. I’ve raised you quite well to be a romanticist I think.

 

Mashiho: Come on let’s go to class!

 

Later…

 

*Yoshinori, Mashiho, and Asahi are eating lunch together talking when Yoshinori spots Jaehyuk with his friends. He keeps looking at him asking himself questions like “Why is Junghwa nuna so close to this Jaehyuk dude? Are they ex bf-gf in the past?” and things like that. Mashiho and Asahi noticed Yoshinori dozing off on them. 

 

Mashiho: Dude, what are you looking at?

 

Yoshinori: That dude over there. 

 

Asahi: What about him? 

 

Yoshinori: Junghwa nuna said they were childhood best friends but when I saw them talking on the bus this morning it looked like they were more than friends. Maybe they dated in the past.

 

Mashiho: Maybe. But why do those things matter? She loves you. 

 

Asahi: Mashiho is right. You’re her fiance. Isn’t that what matters the most?

 

Jaehyuk: Yeah I guess you’re right.

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Jaehyuk notices Yoshinori staring at him. He’s like “wtf” and his friends Hyunsuk, Jihoon, and Junkyu look at him worriedly.

 

Hyunsuk: Dude, is something bothering you?

 

Jaehyuk: Yeah actually yes. Do you guys know Junghwa nuna?

 

Jiihoon: Yeah she’s your best friend when you were young.

 

Junkyu: Jaehyuk’s first love. *teases*

 

*Jaehyuk glares at Junkyu and Junkyu shuts himself up by stuffing rice into his face.

 

Jaehyuk: Anyways… I saw her again on the bus this morning and we talked for a long time until her stupid fiance came in and-

 

Hyunsuk: Whoa, whoa, slow down-

 

Jihoon: Fiance?

 

Junkyu: Fiance? She’s engaged?

 

Jaehyuk: Yeah. I thought she loved me. 

 

Jihoon: Dude, you were her first love *corrects him* but she found her true love now. You have to let it go.

 

Jaehyuk: I guess.

 

Hyunsuk: Why do you still have feelings for her anyway?

 

Jaehyuk: I don’t know. I never laid eyes on any other girl but her my whole life. 

 

*Jaehyuk sighs deeply

 

Later…

 

*After his classes for the day, Yoshinori waits outside of Happy Days for her but he spots Junghwan coming this way. He greets him warmly.

 

Yoshinori: Hey brother in law

 

Junghwan: Hey hyung 

 

Yoshinori: How was school today?

 

Junghwan: It was fine thanks. 

 

Yoshinori: How are things going with your crush Rose? Did you ask her out yet?

 

Junghwan: Hyung!! You know that I can’t talk to girls!

 

Yoshinori: *chuckles* I know I’m just teasing you.

 

*Junghwan rolls his eyes and heads inside the cafe. After a couple of minutes, Junghwa comes out of the shop. She hugs Yoshinori.

 

Junghwa: Sorry, baby, did you wait long for me?

 

Yoshinori: No it’s okay. I’m hungry. Let’s go eat! 

 

Junghwa: Did you purchase the tickets to Penninsula yet?

 

Yoshinori: Yup I got them already. The movie is at 7 pm.

 

Junghwa: Oh perfect can’t wait! So where shall we go eat?

 

Yoshinori: Pizza?

 

Junghwa: Call!! *giggles as she clings onto his arm*

 

*The JungYosh couple passes past Jaehyuk. Jaehyuk looks at her with a sad look in his eyes.

 

Jaehyuk´s mind: So am I just your first love to you? Is that all I am to you? 

 

*Jaehyuk heads to the bus stop thinking about the memories he had with her.