Chapter 10 Our Future

My Treasure

*Junghwan and Rose have finished their first date. He drops her off in front of her house.

 

Rose: This is it. This is where I live.

 

Junghwan: *nods* I see.

 

*Junghwan awkwardly says avoiding eye contact with her. Rose chuckles.

 

Rose: You know Junghwan. You are quite cute. I’m starting to like you more.

 

Junghwan: Y-Y-You do? *hugs her* I mean you do? That’s great! I like you too alot.

 

Rose: I know you do. I should get going now. I’ll see you on Monday my boyfriend.

 

Junghwan: See you my girlfriend. 

 

*Junghwan blushes tomato red after calling Rose his girlfriend making her giggle. She pecks his lips and heads inside her house leaving him in a blushing mess. He puts his hand on his lips smiling to himself.

 

Junghwan´s mind: Did she just kiss me? I must be dreaming *pinches himself* OMG I can’t believe this is actually happening. She’s my girlfriend. 

 

*Junghwan skips happily the way home. He arrives at his house. He takes off his shoes and jacket.

 

Junghwan: I’m home!

 

Junghwan’s mom: In the kitchen, sweetheart!

 

*Junghwan enters the kitchen and sees Junghwa and Yoshinori helping Junghwa’s mom cook.

 

Junghwan: Nuna!! *runs to hug her*

 

Junghwa: Good to see you too bro. How have you been?

 

*Junghwan smiles widely like an idiot earning teases from Yoshinori.

 

Yoshinori: Let me guess something happened between you and Rose right? *arm around his shoulder*

 

Junghwan: *nods* Yeah.

 

Yoshinori: First date?

 

Junghwan: How did you know?

 

Yoshinori: Dude, you’re so easy to read.

 

*Junghwan blushes running away for his life. 

 

Junghwan: No I’m not!!

 

*Junghwa looks at Yoshinori

 

Junghwa: What happened baby? Is it something I should know about?

 

Yoshinori: Your brother just got himself a girlfriend.

 

Junghwa: What? No way!! Ya, So Junghwan, come here! You got a girlfriend? How come you didn’t tell me? *runs after him and puts her arm around him* I can’t believe my little brother is all grown up now. 

 

Junghwan: Nuna, stop it!! *covers his face in embarrassment*

 

Later…

 

*The four of them sit down at the table eating dinner and talking happily as a family.

 

Junghwan: Nuna, I can’t believe you are married now.

 

Junghwa: Yeah I don’t believe it either.

 

Yoshinori: You like being married to me though right? *arm around her and pecks her cheek*

 

Junghwa: I do. 

 

Junghwan: Do you two have to do that here? Get a room!!

 

Junghwa’s mom: When will you two have kids? I want to be a grandma soon!

 

Junghwa: Umma, seriously?

 

Junghwa’s mom: What? I can’t ask that? Is it so wrong wanting to be a grandma?

 

Junghwa: Someday we will mom after Yoshi finishes university and gets a job.

 

Yoshinori: That’s right. I need to support our family.

 

Junghwa’s mom: Speaking of family, if only your father was here our family would be complete.

 

Junghwa: *grabs her mom’s hand* I’m sure appa would be happy for us in heaven.

 

*After spending more time with the family, the JungYosh couple leaves the house to go home. 

 

Junghwa’s mom: Take care sweeties!! *hugs them goodbye*

 

Junghwa: Umma, are you crying again?

 

Junghwa’s mom: No why you ask that? *tears up*

 

Junghwa: Umma, stop crying!!!

 

Junghwa’s mom: Sorry sweetie. You have grown up to be a fine young lady. You make me and your father proud. 

 

Junghwa: I know. I love you umma.

 

Junghwa’s mom: I love you too. *to Yoshinori* Take good care of her, dear. 

 

Yoshinori: I will umma. You can always count on me. 

 

Junghwa: Junghwan, you have to tell me everything about your relationship with your girlfriend.

 

Junghwan: I will nuna I promise.

 

Junghwan: Good. I wanna know all the details!

 

Yoshinori: We’ll get going now. 

 

*The JungYosh waves goodbye and heads home. On the way home, Yoshinori opens up a conversation about their future.

 

Yoshinori: Babe

 

Junghwa: Hm?

 

Yoshinori: Do you want kids?

 

Junghwa: Someday yeah why? How about you?

 

Yoshinori: I am not sure.

 

Junghwa: What? But you said you want to when we were talking about it with my mom and brother.

 

Yoshinori: I know but honestly I’m scared. I mean I lost my father at a young age so I don’t know what it means to be a father. I am not sure if I can be a good dad to our child.

 

Junghwa: I know what you mean. *grabs his hand* I know your pain. We both may not have a father but I know that you are a good guy, Yoshi. You make me truly happy and that’s all that matters to me. You will be a good parent someday. 

Yoshinori: Really? You think so?

 

Junghwa: I know so. 

 

*Junghwa slams her lips on Yoshinori’s confirming their promise of the bright future ahead of them. To be with each other and to support each other until the very end.