Chapter 11 Give Me a Chance

My Treasure

Monday morning…

 

*Junghwa gets up and gets ready to go to work as usual. Yoshinori left early in the morning for his part-time delivery job. She heads to the bus stop with her airpods on. She notices Jaehyuk already there waiting for her. Jaehyuk notices her and waves to her. She pretends to look at something else and avoids making eye contact with him. He approaches her.

 

Junghwa’s mind: Please don’t talk to me. Please don’t talk to me. Please-

 

Jaehyuk: Morning nuna! How was your weekend?

 

Junghwa: *tries to avoid talking to him* It was fine thanks and you?

 

Jaehyuk: It was good. I didn’t see you at Prince Comics on Saturday.

 

Junghwa: Oh sorry I had plans with my family. 

 

Jaehyuk: It’s okay. Look nuna, about my confession last Friday.

 

Junghwa: I can’t accept your feelings, Jaehyuk ah.

 

*Jaehyuk suddenly pulls her into his embrace 

 

Jaehyuk: Nuna, please give me a chance to shake your heart at least three times. Please. 

 

Junghwa: Jaehyuk, let go. *tries to pull away from him but he refuses*

 

Jaehyuk: Please nuna. Can you at least give me a chance as a man?

 

Junghwa: What? 

 

*Throughout the day, Junghwa was bothered by Jaehyuk’s sudden confession. She couldn’t concentrate at work properly. 

 

Hyejin: Earth to unne!! Earth to unne!!

 

Junghwa: Huh? What? *snaps back into reality* 

 

Hyejin: Watch out for the-

 

*Junghwa doesn’t pay attention as she was cleaning the waffle iron that she accidentally burns her fingers. Hyejin immediately runs and grabs the ice pack. 

 

Hyejin: Unne, you should have been more careful! Is something going on? You seem so out of it. You should go home. 

 

Junghwa: No I’m fine Hyejin ah really I- 

 

*Junghwa gets cuts off as she sees her husband Yoshinori in front of her. Yoshinori runs to her with a shocked look on his face.

 

Yoshinori: Babe!! Are you okay?

 

Junghwa: I’m fine baby. I really am.

 

Yoshinori: No you’re not. You burned your hand. Let me see.

 

Junghwa: I’m fine baby.

 

*Yoshinori examines her hand and sees that it’s a bit red but not too bad. He grabs the first aid kit and applies antibiotic ointment on her hand and wraps it with loose gauze.

 

Yoshinori: Babe, you can’t continue to work like this. You need to go home.

 

Junghwa: Baby, I said I’m fine. 

 

Yoshinori: Babe, you need to go home. I’ll run the shop for you.

 

Junghwa: How about your classes?

 

Yoshinori: I’m done for the day. I’ll take care of the shop really. 

 

Junghwa: Really you will? Thanks baby. 

 

*And just like that Junghwa takes the taxi home. 

 

Later…

 

*Jaehyuk finished his classes for the day and was about to head back to the bus stop to go home when he passes by Happy Days. He stands there for a long time thinking about Junghwa before he sighs and enters the shop. 

 

Jaehyuk’s mind: You idiot why are you here? Why? And why did you have to confess to her again? You know that she won’t accept your feelings. Damn it! *hits his head*

 

*Jaehyuk turns around and was about to leave the shop when Yoshinori looks at him.

 

Yoshinori: Hey, aren’t you Yoon Jaehyuk? 

 

*Jaehyuk turns around to face Yoshinori

 

Jaehyuk: Yeah I am. 

 

Yoshinori: You’re Junghwa nuna’s first love right? 

 

Jaehyuk: Yeah what about it?

 

Yoshinori: I need you to stop seeing my wife. She’s having a hard time because of your confession. Don’t you think you have done enough to her already? 

 

Jaehyuk: What?