Chapter 4 Good Old Times

My Treasure

Next day…

 

*Yoshinori left the apartment early for his early morning shift working as a foods deliveryboy so Junghwa had to get ready for work by herself. She heads to the bus stop as usual and finds Jaehyuk there already listening to music. She grabs one of the earbuds and listens to music with him. He looks at her in surprise.

 

Jaehyuk: Nuna!

 

Junghwa: Oh hey, you still listen to hip hop I see. Your music taste hasn’t changed.

 

Jaehyuk: Yeah it’s because my first dance class I went to was hip hop with you remember?

 

Junghwa: Oh yeah and we won the kids national dance competition a few months later after that.

 

Jaehyuk: Haha the good old times.

 

Junghwa: Yeah. 

 

Jaehyuk: Nuna, are you doing anything on Saturday?

 

Junghwa: No why?

 

Jaehyuk: Want to go to the comic book store on Saturday?

 

Junghwa: Sure that would be great. I wonder if they still have the Doraemon comics.

 

Jaehyuk: You still love Doraemon?

 

Junghwa: Of course. In fact I also own Doraemon comic book set and anime DVDs. My fiance and I have anime marathons on Sunday. 

 

Jaehyuk: With your fiance? Cool. *turns to her* Nuna, when did you start dating him?

 

Junghwa: After we moved to Japan so *counts in her head* six years already.

 

Jaehyuk: I see. 

 

*Jaehyuk nods but his face expression hardens hearing this. 

 

Jaehyuk’s mind: So after you moved to Japan, you forgot already about me I see.

 

Saturday…

 

*Jaehyuk and Junghwa met at Prince Comics 

 

Jaehyuk: This place didn’t really change much.

 

Junghwa: Yeah it didn’t.

 

*Junghwa looks at the writing on the wall and points to it

 

Junghwa: Look, our writing is still there.

 

Jaehyuk: Haha yeah.

 

*The wall reads “Jaehyuk <3 Junghwa 4Ever” 

 

Jaehyuk’s mind: But when will you remember the promise we made long time ago?

 

*Junghwa browses the shelves and finds the Doraemon comics she’s been looking for. She smiles and sits down reading them. Jaehyuk and Junghwa spent the day reading comic books and eating ramen together like the good old times. Jaehyuk couldn’t keep his eyes off of Junghwa the entire time.

 

Later…

 

*Jaehyuk and Junghwa heads separate ways after their time together at Prince Comics. 

 

Jaehyuk: Let’s meet here every Saturday at 9 am.

 

Junghwa: Sounds good. I like that.

 

Jaehyuk: You should go nuna. You shouldn’t keep your fiance waiting.

 

Junghwa: Yeah see you. But it was fun today hanging out with you. Take care Jaehyuk ah. *pats his head*

 

*Jaehyuk pulls her hand away

 

Jaehyuk: Nuna, I’m not a little kid anymore!

 

Junghwa: I know but I can’t help it. I still see the little Jaehyuk in you.

 

Jaehyuk: Oh. 

 

Junghwa: I remember you were shorter than me. 

 

Jaehyuk: Yeah but now I’m taller than you! Would the little Jaehyuk be able to do this?

 

*Jaehyuk grabs Junghwa’s hat and runs away.

 

Junghwa: Ya, Yoon Jaehyuk, give it back!!

 

*Junghwa runs after Jaehyuk. She finally catches up to him and headlocks him.

 

Junghwa: Give it back!!

 

Jaehyuk: I’m sorry nuna!! Forgive me!!

 

*Jaehyuk hands her back her hat. She dusts it off before she puts it back on.

 

Jaehyuk: You have gotten stronger, nuna.

 

Junghwa: Of course especially when you have a younger brother. 

 

Jaehyuk: True. 

 

*Junghwa and Jaehyuk look at each other laughing. They finally head separate ways after their day together.

 

Junghwa´s mind: He sure hasn’t changed much. I missed you Jaehyuk, my first love. *smiles to herself*

 

Jaehyuk´s mind: Someday I hope you will see me as your man. *smiles and walks away*