Prologue First Love

My Treasure

Junghwa: “First love is easy to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget” -Pooja Singh

I still remember my first love. It was back in my childhood days. My family was friends with the Yoon family and I got close with their son named Yoon Jaehyuk. We did practically everything together and nothing could separate us apart. He was my first love and I think I was his too. 

 

Flashback

Six years ago

 

*Junghwa and Jaehyuk are playing video games and eating snacks together at his house.

 

Jaehyuk’s mom: Okay, I think that’s enough for today. Junghwa, dear, you should go home. It’s getting late.

 

Jaehyuk: I’ll drop nuna off, umma.

 

Jaehyuk’s mom: That would be wonderful, thanks dear.

 

*Jaehyuk and Junghwa walk home as he drops her off in front of her house.

 

Jaehyuk: Nuna, after school tomorrow, want to go to the comic book store like good old times?

 

Junghwa: Yeah that sounds good to me. 

 

Jaehyuk: I’ll see you at school tomorrow, nuna.

 

*Jaehyuk hugs her and sends her off home. She looks back at him with a sad look on her face.

 

Junghwa´s mind: I’m sorry, Jaehyuk ah, but tomorrow I won’t be here anymore. I’m going to Japan.

 

*The next day, Junghwa waves goodbye to Jaehyuk as he sends her off to Japan. Jaehyuk cries. 

 

Jaehyuk: Nuna, please don’t leave! Nuna!!

 

End of flashback

 

*Jaehyuk waves up with tears pouring down his face. He wipes the tears with his shirt sleeve.

 

Jaehyuk: I miss you Junghwa nuna. Where are you? When can I see you again?

 

*Jaehyuk looks at his alarm clock

 

Jaehyuk: Oh ! I only have 30 minutes to get ready for class. Damn it damn it!!

 

*Jaehyuk quickly gets ready for university

 

*He runs to the bus stop and spots a familiar figure waiting there with him. He turns to her to who it was but he recognized her immediately.

 

Jaehyuk: Is that Junghwa nuna? *taps on her shoulder* Junghwa nuna?

 

*Junghwa takes out the earphones from her ears and smiles at Jaehyuk. She hugs him tight.

 

Junghwa: Omo, is that you? Yoon Jaehyuk!!

 

Jaehyuk: Yeah it’s me. Wow, nuna, you still look the same. You didn’t change much. 

 

Junghwa: You have gotten taller I see. 

 

Jaehyuk: I did. What brings you back here to Korea?

 

Junghwa: Oh it’s actually a long story.

 

Jaehyuk: Tell me! Tell me!!

 

*The bus arrives and the two gets on the bus. Jaehyuk sits down beside Junghwa. She tells him about why she decided to move back to Korea and about her store business here. 

 

Jaehyuk: That’s amazing nuna! You always told me you wanted to have a waffle shop someday when you grow up, remember?

 

Junghwa: I did? Didn’t I? *laughs*

 

Jaehyuk: How’s Junghwan?
 

Junghwa: He graduated middle school and he’s now a high school student. 

 

Jaehyuk: Really? Wow I haven’t seen him for a while. Which high school does he go to?

 

Junghwa: YG Academy, why?

 

Jaehyuk: I graduated there. 

 

Junghwa: Really? Oh cool.

 

Jaehyuk: You know nuna, if you’re not busy today later, maybe we can-

 

*Just then Yoshinori gets on the bus and approaches them. She waves to him.

 

Junghwa: Yoshi, over here!

 

*Yoshi looks at Jaehyuk with fiery eyes

 

Yoshi: Excuse me but who are you? And why are you talking to my fiancee?

 

Jaehyuk: Fiancee?

 

Later…

 

*The three of them get off at the YG University bus stop and Jaehyuk follows behind them asking himself endless questions.

 

Jaehyuk´s mind: Who is he? And fiancee? Is Junghwa nuna engaged? 

 

*Junghwa looks back at Jaehyuk and waves to him.

 

Junghwa: Well see you around Jaehyuk! It was nice seeing you again!

 

Jaehyuk: Yeah you too. 

 

*Junghwa and Yoshinori heads into the YG University campus building. He heads inside the building with heavy footsteps.

 

Jaehyuk´s mind: I can’t believe my first love has already moved on. She promised me she will date me when we were young back then. *sighs*