Chapter 6 "I'm Sorry"

My Treasure

*Every weekday morning, Jaehyuk and Junghwa would see each other at the bus stop and on Saturdays they would spend time together at the comic book store. They got closer as time went by. 

 

Junghwa: OMGG no way, you peed your pants on your first job interview in grade ten?

 

Jaehyuk: I was nervous, okay?

 

*Junghwa and Jaehyuk look at each other and burst into laughter.

 

Junghwa: I can’t believe that you did that! That’s so embarrassing!!

 

Jaehyuk: But not as embarrassing as yours!

 

Junghwa: True. 

 

*Junghwa gets a text message from Yoshinori

 

Yoshinori: We’re at the airport. My parents will be here soon.

 

Junghwa: I should get going. 

 

Jaehyuk: Of course nuna, I’ll see you on Monday. Wait nuna, are you free tonight?

 

Junghwa: Yeah why?

 

Jaehyuk: I’ll meet you at the park near my house. Can you come by 7 pm?

 

Junghwa: Sure.

 

Jaehyuk: Great. See you then.

 

*Junghwa nods and waves goodbye. She gets into her car and drives away.

 

Jaehyuk: Today I’m going to confess to you, nuna. I will. *smiles to himself*

 

Later that night…

 

*Junghwa’s family and Yoshinori’s family are having a get together to discuss their wedding day that she totally forgot about her plan with Jaehyuk.

 

*Jaehyuk is already at the park holding a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolate waiting for Junghwa but she hasn’t showed for over 3 hours.

 

Jaehyuk: Where could she be? She told me she’ll be here.

 

*Jaehyuk finally heads home and on his way there he spots Junghwa’s family and Yoshinori’s family in front of the diner. 

 

Jaehyuk: What’s going on? *comes closer and hides to see what’s going on*

 

Yoshinori’s mom: Take good care of my son. He really loves you.

 

Junghwa: I will don’t worry.

 

Yoshinori: Don’t worry mama, I’ll make her the happiest girl in the entire world. 

 

Yoshinori’s sister: We will see you on Sunday for your wedding day.

 

Jaehyuk´s mind: What? Wedding? Junghwa nuna is getting married? What… that can’t be.

I still haven’t confessed my feelings for her. I don’t get it I- *starts to tear up*

 

*Jaehyuk throws the flowers on the ground 

 

Jaehyuk´s mind: How dare she do this to me? When I loved her for most of my life.

 

*Jaehyuk runs away crying

*After saying farewell to her family and his family, she suddenly remembers about the promise she made with Jaehyuk. She excuses herself and rushes to the park but he’s not there. She looked everywhere but no use. He already left. Junghwa sobs in tears.

 

Junghwa´s mind: I’m sorry, Jaehyuk. I forgot. I’m sorry, but though I have fallen for you again, I can’t. I am getting married soon. You don’t deserve a girl like me.