Chapter 7 "I Do"

My Treasure

Sunday…

Wedding D-Day

 

*Junghwa and Yoshinori are getting ready for the wedding ceremony. Junghwa’s mom bursts into tears.

 

Junghwa’s mom: I can’t believe my little girl is getting married today.

 

Junghwa: Umma, stop crying.

 

Junghwa’s mom: *wipes her tears* Sorry sweetie. You just look so beautiful in your dress. My little girl has grown up so fast. *hugs her*

 

Junghwa: Umma, stop *laughs*

 

*Junghwan and Yoshinori arrives wearing tuxedos

 

Junghwan: Wow nuna you look amazing.

 

Yoshinori: I can’t believe I’m being married to a fallen angel.

 

Junghwa: You’re so cheesy. *hits his chest*

 

*Yoshinori chuckles

 

Junghwa’s mom: Smile you two. *takes out her camera*

 

*Junghwa and Yoshinori smiles for the camera. The family laughs and they didn’t realize that Jaehyuk was outside the door watching this.

 

Jaehyuk´s mind: You were my first love nuna, but why does your lover have to be him? Why can’t it be me? 

 

*As the wedding ceremony began, Jaehyuk was upset about this the whole time, because he coudln’t fact the fact that his first love has found her true love, while his true love is still her. He cried as Junghwa walked through the stage with her brother (her father passed away when she was young). 

 

Pastor: Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Yoshinori Kanemoto and So Junghwa in marriage. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other has grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife.

*faces the couple* True marriage is more than joining the bonds of marriage of two persons; it is the union of two hearts. It lives on the love you give each other and never grows old, but thrives on the joy of each new day. Marriage is love. May you always be able to talk things over, to confide in each other, to laugh with each other, to enjoy life together, and to share moments of quiet and peace, when the day is done. May you be blessed with a lifetime of happiness and a home of warmth and understanding.

 

*Junghwa and Yoshinori looks at each other and smiles warmly. Junghwa’s mom starts breaking down in tears once again.

 

Junghwan: Umma *comforts her*

 

Pastor: Do you Yoshinori Kanemoto, take So Junghwa to be your lawfully wedded wife, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?"

 

Yoshinori: I do.

 

Pastor: Do you So Junghwa, take Yoshinori Kanemoto to be your lawfully wedded husband, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?

 

Junghwa: I do.

 

Pastor: Wedding rings are made precious by our wearing them. Your rings say that even in your uniqueness you have chosen to be bound together. Let these rings also be a sign that love has substance as well as soul, a present as well as a past, and that, despite its occasional sorrows, love is a circle of happiness, wonder, and delight. May these rings remind you always of the vows you have taken here today.

 

*The ringbearer arrives and places the rings in front of the JungYosh couple. 

 

Pastor: We shall begin with Yoshinori Kanemoto. 

 

*Yoshinori takes the ring and says his vow to her. He places it on her ring finger while confessing to her.

 

Yoshinori: I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you.

 

Junghwa: *does the same* "I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you. 

 

Pastor: By the power vested in me by the State of Republic of South Korea, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Yoshinori Kanemoto, you may kiss your bride.

*Yoshinori looks into Junghwa’s eyes and passionately kisses her confirming his promises with her and to spend eternity with her. The crowd cheers for the couple. 

 

Pastor: Family and Friends, I present to you Mr. Yoshinori Kanemoto and So Junghwa.

 

*Crowd cheers and the JungYosh couple heads down the wedding hall linking arms with each other smiling. 

 

*After the wedding day, they take a group photo to celebrate this special day. Jaehyuk couldn’t keep his eyes off of Junghwa the entire time and she tried not to look back at him but on the inside it killed her. A tear falls off her cheek.