Chapter 13 Goodbye My First Love

My Treasure

*Jaehyuk lies down on his bed and lets Yoshinori’s words wander in his mind. Tears fall down his face. 

 

Flashback

 

*Jaehyuk finished his classes for the day and was about to head back to the bus stop to go home when he passes by Happy Days. He stands there for a long time thinking about Junghwa before he sighs and enters the shop. 

 

Jaehyuk’s mind: You idiot why are you here? Why? And why did you have to confess to her again? You know that she won’t accept your feelings. Damn it! *hits his head*

 

*Jaehyuk turns around and was about to leave the shop when Yoshinori looks at him.

 

Yoshinori: Hey, aren’t you Jaehyuk? 

 

*Jaehyuk turns around to face Yoshinori

 

Jaehyuk: Yeah I am. 

 

Yoshinori: You’re Junghwa nuna’s first love right? 

 

Jaehyuk: Yeah what about it?

 

Yoshinori: I need you to stop seeing my wife. She’s having a hard time because of your confession. Don’t you think you have done enough to her already? 

 

Jaehyuk: What? 

 

Yoshinori: You heard me. *approaches him* Stop meeting my wife. You need to stop playing with her heart. Can’t you see that she doesn’t love you anymore? She moved on from you so why don’t you?

 

Jaehyuk: I-

 

Yoshinori: If you talk to her or hang out with her one more time I’m not gonna let it slide anymore. 

 

*Jaehyuk doesn’t say another word and leaves the shop. Yoshinori glares at him as he watches Jaehyuk disappear from the shop window.

 

Yoshinori’s mind: What’s with him? Why is he still holding onto her like that? I don’t understand.

 

*Yoshinori rolls his eyes and goes back to work.

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Jaehyuk heads home with tears down his face.

 

Jaehyuk’s mind: Nuna, your husband Yoshinori is right. I should move on from you but why is it so hard for me? I didn’t mean to play with your heart. What kind of guy am I?

 

*Jaehyuk takes the bus home with regret.

 

End of flashback

 

Jaehyuk: Ugh why is it so hard to move on from her? Why am I being so obsessive over her like this? *throws a pillow over his face screaming* But he’s right. I need to move on from you no matter how painful it can be. Besides if I keep being like this I’m just gonna damage their marriage more. I think it’s time that I leave her life for good.

 

Next day…

 

*Jaehyuk grabs his luggage and leaves the house. He waves goodbye to his parents.

 

Jaehyuk: Wait, umma, before I go, can you give this to Junghwa nuna for me?

 

Jaehyuk’s mom: I will. Will you be okay in Ulsan?

 

Jaehyuk: I’ll be fine. 

 

Jaehyuk’s mom: I love you dear.

 

Jaehyuk: Love you too mom. *pecks her cheek and heads off*

 

*Jaehyuk leaves back at his house one last time with tears pouring down his face.

 

Jaehyuk’s mind: This is it. Goodbye my first love. 

 

*Jaehyuk takes the taxi to the bus terminal to go to Ulsan.

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Junghwa heads to the bus stop for another day ahead of her but she didn’t know that Jaehyuk had left her life for good. 

 

Junghwa´s mind: Huh? Where’s Jaehyuk? *looks around and shrugs* He may have went to the university already.

 

*Soon the bus arrives and later, she gets off in front of YG University as usual. She starts another work day normal as usual but throughout the entire day she didn’t see Jaehyuk at all. Where could he be?

 

Junghwa: That’s strange. Why is Jaehyuk not in university today?

 

*Her question gets answered as she sees Hyunsuk, Jihoon, and Junkyu enter the door.

 

Junghwa: Have you guys seen Yoon Jaehyuk today?

 

*The three boys suddenly got silent avoiding eye contact with her. Jihoon speaks up first.

 

Jihoon: You didn’t hear, nuna?

 

Junghwa: Hear what?

 

Hyunsuk: Jaehyuk left early this morning to go to Ulsan. He transferred to Ulsan University. He’s gone now, nuna.

 

Junkyu: We’re so sorry.

 

Junghwa: What? Why? There’s no way he could have gone no-

 

*Junghwa rushes out of Happy Days and quickly takes the taxi to Jaehyuk’s parents’ house. She knocks on the door furiously. Jaehyuk’s mom comes out and smiles softly at her.

 

Jaehyuk’s mom: So Junghwa, you’re looking for Yoon Jaehyuk, right?

 

Junghwa: *nods* Where is he? I need to talk to him.

 

Jaehyuk’s mom: I’m afraid he’s gone, dear. He did leave you this though. *suddenly hugs her in tears* I’m so sorry.

 

Later...

 

*Junghwa takes the taxi back to YG University and reads Jaehyuk’s letter with tears pouring down her face in regret and sorrow.

 

Jaehyuk (narration reading the letter he wrote): Nuna, it’s me, Yoon Jaehyuk.

You may be wondering where I am now and why I didn’t come to campus today.

Actually I’m going to Ulsan now. 

I think it’s time that I leave your life for good.

I’m so sorry for blocking your happiness between you and your husband.

I was an idiot and being so selfish.

I only cared about my feelings rather than yours.

Your husband’s words keeps wandering to my mind even to this day and I think he’s right.

I need to move on from you.

Thank you for being my first love and my childhood best friend for all these years but it’s time to find my true love.

I may not know the meaning of what true love is yet but I know that someday I will.

So nuna, please be happy for me. 

Take care and hope we can see each other again.

Goodbye, Jaehyuk

 

*Junghwa cries her eyes out and lays the letter down in her lap. She clenches onto her chest as she could feel the ultimate heartbreak of her life. 

 

Junghwa: Why did you have to leave me, Jaehyuk ah?
Why? I couldn’t even say goodbye to you.

Is it really the end for both of us?