Flashing Back (2)

Pink Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you too happy to see me again? Kim Jong Woon?"

The voice of the one that stalked in boisterously made Jongwoon freeze up and Kyuhyun stiffened.

Jongwoon turned to the man, sizing him up with trembling orbs.

"You..." Jongwoon's eyes trailed all the way up because the man was just too tall.

"I don't know you..." Jongwoon mumbled hesitantly. His sixth sense told him that yes, he knew this man. But his memory told him no, this man doesn't exist in his past.

"Well, well. I'm disappointed that you have forgotten me, Jongwoon." The 2m giant shook his head in fake disappointment, "All the times we have had together-"

"Let us go." Kyuhyun interrupted with an eerily calm and cold voice.

"Oh? Who are you?" The man switched his attention to Kyuhyun, bending down and pulled Kyuhyun's chin up to face him.

"I gave you a warning. Let us go before you overgrown buffoon regret-"

*slap*

"Who are you calling an overgrown buffoon, brat?" The man shouted angrily.

"Kyu!" Jongwoon called out worriedly when he saw a drop of blood dripping down from his lips.

"Excuse me, you're the one that didn't tell me your name. What am I supposed to call you? An oversized baby that can't throw proper punch-"

*punch*

"You're getting on my nerves, brat." The man was visibly shaking in anger after punching Kyuhyun.

"No, stop!" Jongwoon cried anxiously as a purple bruise formed on Kyuhyun's cheek. But Kyuhyun's eyes never left the man.

"Really? I should get an award for getting on your nerves then. I'm proud of my achievement." Kyuhyun the blood off his lips and smirked, "Weakling." He scoffed.

"YOU!!" The man raised his voice, as well as his fist.

"NO! Wait! Don't hit him!" Jongwoon interrupted with a sharp gasp. His heart almost stopped when the punch stopped a millimeter away from Kyuhyun's face. The younger didn't even flinch.

The man slowly turned to Jongwoon, looked into his eyes, and then blinked.

"Ah. I almost forgot what I was here for." The man pulled back his fist and swiped his palms on his collared shirt, as if cleaning his hands for something. He approached Jongwoon.

"You stupid overgrown buffoon ! I'm not done with you!" Kyuhyun insulted hurriedly when he noticed that the target was no longer on him.

"I will personally deal with you later." The man hissed in Kyuhyun's direction, "I have more important things to do." He bent down in front of Jongwoon so that they were face to face.

"Get away from him, buffoon." Kyuhyun's face was as dark as the night sky, "You'll regret for being born." He threatened icily.

"Shut up. I need to concentrate." The man rolled his eyes. He was not going to be taunted anymore. He smirked.

"W-W-What are you doing?" Jongwoon asked, inching his head further and further until he couldn't move anymore.

"You better not move your head or your friend here is going to suffer." The man threatened with a glare towards Kyuhyun.

"I told you to get away from him!" Kyuhyun raised his voice, panicking in the inside.

"You're so noisy." The man sighed, but ignored Kyuhyun's threats anyway. He moved his hands towards Jongwoon's face and formed two L shapes to frame one of Jongwoon's eye.

"No...No..." Jongwoon's black lenses widened when he realised what the man was about to do.

"I told you to stop shaking!" The man stood up suddenly and threw a warning punch at Kyuhyun's abdomen, causing a mutter of pain to escape from Kyuhyun.

That effectively stopped Jongwoon from shaking his head.

"You're tearing too much." The man sighed, framing the eye again and found his fingers wet from the tears spilling out from the eye socket.

"I can't control it." Jongwoon tried to reason. He was afraid that the man was going to hurt Kyuhyun because of him again.

"I know. So I'm proceeding." The man gave no warning as he spread one of Jongwoon's upper and lower eye lids with his fingers and pinched the black lens out, throwing it aside onto the dirt filled floor.

Having a foreign finger intruding such a sensitive place as your sclera, Jongwoon felt extremely uncomfortable as his tear ducts instantly switched on, flooding his face with his tears.

"One more to go~" The man whistled, as if he didn't just caused great discomfort to the boy in front of him.

"You $#&*@%-%*%+#?'%" Kyuhyun started throwing profanities at the man as he couldn't bear to stay silent when Jongwoon was obviously suffering.

"There. Done." The man flicked the lens away and it fell onto the floor silently. He stood up and dusted his hands on his pants.

"My job is done. I'm going to go fetch hyung now. See you later~" The man waved and stalked out before they heard a shout, "By the way, brat! The name's Seo Jang Hoon!"

Kyuhyun ignored the man and gently nudged Jongwoon, whose eyes were closed tightly, tears uncontrollably pouring out from the windows to his soul, "Hyung... Tell me if it hurts."

"It hurts..." Jongwoon hung his head and sniffled. His eyes were still throbbing in discomfort. But the pain doesn't come from what Janghoon had done. Jongwoon realised it in the midst of his cries. It was phantom pain.

"Kyu... My eyes hurts... But it's not from that... I don't know... Something like this happened before...?" Jongwoon asked, but he wasn't expecting an answer from Kyuhyun. It was a question that he felt no one could answer except for the pain inflictor himself.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Kyuhyun apologized profusely, "I still can't protect you! Not then, not now either!" Kyuhyun started blaming himself loudly.

"Shush, Kyuhyun, shush..." Jongwoon cooed, trying to calm the other down even though Jongwoon himself is in need of comfort, "You're not at fault. I'm really thankful to what you've done for me in Elementary School. Really." Jongwoon's voice was soft and gentle.

"Knowing that someone else was on my side at that time was very much a big deal, Kyu. Thank you." Jongwoon comforted the younger with his eyes still closed, missing the way how Kyuhyun looked like he was on the verge of breaking down because of Jongwoon's words.

"Hyung...you don't understand...it's not only elementary..." Kyuhyun muttered under his breath.

"Hmm?" Jongwoon hummed in question, not hearing what Kyuhyun had said.

"I said, hyung, are you still in pain?" Kyuhyun asked, changing topics.

"Not as much as before." Jongwoon shook his head.

"Good." Kyuhyun fell silent after that, several thoughts passing through his mind as he fiddled with the watch on his wrist.

"Kyuhyun?" Jongwoon broke the silence.

"Hmm?" Kyuhyun hummed in reply.

"Do you have anymore stories?" Kyuhyun's eyes widened at the question before chuckling.

"You bet I do, hyung."

………

When Kyuhyun lasted two years without seeing his hyung in school and finally graduated from Cheonan Elementary, he moved on to one of the Middle Schools in Cheonan, where he was sure his pretty hyung was at.

But unfortunately because of the two year gap between them, when Kyuhyun was in Middle Year 1, Jongwoon was already in Year 3, and Middle School only had a total of 4 years.

Like every other teenage boy, Kyuhyun has his own rebellious phase. His personality had changed from a quiet nerd to a savage and straightforward nerd that knows nothing about human boundaries.

"Hey, you're Cho Kyu Hyun right? The one that came into this school with a perfect score." One of his classmates prodded him on the shoulder on the first day of school.

"Yeah." Kyuhyun replied shortly, eyes not leaving his game console as soon as he stepped into the classroom.

"Why? This Middle School is the weakest one out of the three in Cheonan." The classmate asked him again, a little annoyed at how Kyuhyun was subtly ignoring him.

"None of your business." K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter