Pink Irises

Pink Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No! Stop hitting me! It hurts! Please!" 6 year old Kim Jongwoon sat on the sandbox at the playground, bawling his eyes out as the older kids kept throwing sand and little tiny punches at him.

"Pink! Pink! Your hair is pink! Your eyes are pink! Even your outfit is pink! Are you even a boy?! Yeah! Yeah! Are you even human?!" The older boys echoed one after another, backing each other up. This was their first time visiting this playground of the neighbourhood. And they wonder why none of the older kids playing around were bullying him. In fact, they were glancing at them in worry.

"T-The sand went into my eye! I SAID STOP IT!" Little Jongwoon yelled in anger before throwing himself at one of the older boys, surprising them when the pink boy summoned a temper impossible for a 6 year old. Jongwoon sat on one of the boys and started punching him continuously on the face. The others stared in horror as they backed away instinctively. Now they know why no one bothers this weird little boy.

"Run!!" When Jongwoon stops and flips away from the boy under him, one of them gave the cue to escape and so they did, Jongwoon's victim limping dazedly away.

Now that the sandbox was clear, Jongwoon was alone again. Pouting to himself, he bit his lips to stop himself from crying. This was normal to him. Ever since 2 years ago when he started to come to the playground alone, teasing from the older kids would occur, sometimes even the parents would join them in murmuring. Initially, Jongwoon didn't understand what they were laughing about. But as he grew older and started expanding his vocabulary, he was upset and decided to retaliate. And in the end, it would always result in him sitting alone in the sandbox, sniffling as he drew cloud shapes with his tiny fingers and filled the turtle molds with dry sand.

And it was no different today.

Jongwoon recomposed himself and swallowed his tears. He readjusted the gloves on his hands so that they fit snugly. Seeing as his turtle mold was thrown pretty far from where he sat because of the scuffle earlier, Jongwoon was prepared to get up and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter