Flashing Back (1)

Pink Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Kyuhyun woke up, he found himself sitting on a wooden chair, with his hands and legs binded by rough ropes. It was all so familiar, except for a different fact, Jongwoon was sitting right beside him.

"Hyung! Hyung!" Kyuhyun used his shoulder to nudge the older beside him.

"Wake up!" With a hushed tone, Kyuhyun woke Jongwoon up.

"K-Kyuhyun?" Jongwoon's voice trembled. Something in him was uncontrollably afraid. Snippets of memory flashed past his mind in broken pieces. The ropes binding his wrists and ankles were burning him mentally.

"Let us see! Touch this! Open your eyes!"

Loud and tyrannical voices screaming in his ears made Jongwoon dizzy as he shut his eyes tightly, hoping that the voices would go away.

"...ng! Hyung! Listen to me! Focus on my voice!" Kyuhyun panicked.

"K-Kyu?" Kyuhyun's voice pried through the voices and reached Jongwoon.

"Yes, it's me." Kyuhyun nodded his head, looking worriedly at Jongwoon.

"I'm here, hyung."

"I'm here, hyung."

The voice repeated in Jongwoon's mind. But rather than Kyuhyun's voice, it sounded younger and familiar.

"W-Where are we?" Jongwoon asked, barely lifting his head to look at their surrounding. It was dark, given that it was already hours past sunset, even the windows provided little to no moonlight.

"We-"

"Boss will be here in a second. Please wait." A fodder looking man walked in after slamming the door open.

"Who are you?!" Kyuhyun questioned, but the man did not even spare a single glance at him. He walked straight to Jongwoon.

"I'm just a nobody. Working part-time as their lackey. You don't have to know my name." The man raised his hands.

"Don't touch him!" Kyuhyun growled when Jongwoon flinched at the incoming hands.

"That's not for you to decide, boy. I'm just a lackey. I'm ordered to do things and I will finish it." The man rolled his eyes at Kyuhyun before reaching around Jongwoon's head and placed his hand on the wig.

*tear*

"AHH!" Jongwoon screamed at how roughly his wig was torn away from having pinned on his hair.

"Hyung!" Kyuhyun shouted instinctively. "You-!" His breaths became deeper and much more frequent. If glares could kill, the man in front of him would have died 84 times over.

"I didn't say I would be gentle." The man looked cool and calm, but his actions were rough and barbarous. Following the tearing of the wig, the man looked down at Jongwoon's binded wrist. He reached down and grip a wrist in his hand.

"Don't take it off!" Jongwoon cried. Even though the man didn't say what he was going to do, Jongwoon unconsciously knew.

"Boss' orders." The man coldly replied and plucked the two gloves off Jongwoon's hands. He let go of the wrist and Jongwoon pulled his bounded wrists to his chest, intertwining his fingers to not let them touch anything in range.

"Why are you guys doing this?" Jongwoon asked, tears pricked his eyes but his voice had returned from trembling to steady.

"Talk to the boss. Not me." And then he was gone.

"Jongwoon hyung..." Kyuhyun turned to Jongwoon with a worried frown, "Don't worry, I'll get us out of here soon."

"Kyuhyun-ah... Why does this seem all too familiar? Am I dreaming? There's so many voices in my head whenever it's quiet!" Jongwoon weeped as he shook his head vigorously.

"Hyung! Hyung! Is it better if I talk?" Kyuhyun asked, heart breaking at the sight of Jongwoon breaking down.

Jongwoon nodded weakly and Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows. There is only one way to get Jongwoon's attention now.

"Then focus on my voice, hyung. I'll tell you a story of an elementary school boy and his crush."

………

Today is the first day Kyuhyun is finally going to enroll in Cheonan Elementary. And he is nothing but excited.

Ever since 3 years ago when he gained his colour vision back at the playground because of that certain boy, he never saw him again. He went back to the playground almost every single day, but the sandbox was always filled with some annoying kids instead of his pretty hyung that he never got to ask for his name.

Now that he finally enrolled into Elementary School, he was sure that that hyung would be inside. Every kid in the neighbourhood would definitely be in this school before moving on to the next level of their studies.

With an anticipating heart, Kyuhyun kept his eyes peeled as soon as he stepped into the school grounds. His eyes darted left and right, hoping to spot at least a spark of pink somewhere.

But to his dismay, for the whole entire orientation week, Kyuhyun wasn't able to find his hyung anywhere. As a 7 year old, Kyuhyun couldn't help but sulk a little at how bad things were going.

Luckily, by praying to the god of games, Kyuhyun finally found his pretty hyung.

It was the second week of school, and because Kyuhyun always spend his lunch break running around school, he finally spotted that head of pink hair.

Kyuhyun ran to the playing court just beside the canteen. He had seen a head of pink in the middle of a bunch of people throwing themselves at each other. He remembered what his sister had told him when he saw a similar scene on television.

"Kyuhyun-ah, they're fighting. Fighting is not good." His sister answered.

"Fighting is not good?" Kyuhyun recalled the time when the pink haired hyung punched another boy continuously. "But what if you're very angry?"

"Self defence is okay, Kyu. And there is one more scenario that you're allowed to hit someone." His sister smiled and pat his head gently.

"What is it?" Kyuhyun blinked innocently.

"That is, if you're protecting someone you love."

His pink haired hyung was in the middle of the fight, along with a slightly taller boy, possibly a year older than his hyung. Kyuhyun watched as his pretty hyung threw a tiny fist onto a boy's face and kicked another in the stomach.

For some reason, Kyuhyun felt proud and was silently cheering for the two older boys.

"Get him! Get them! Get that alien!" The other kids that were also gathered around to watch the fight cheered and the smart Kyuhyun figured that they were cheering for the other boys instead.

"No! No!" Kyuhyun protested, using his tiny arms to push the 10-12 year olds. But none of them gave him any attention, one of them even pushed Kyuhyun to the ground in a mess of screaming and flailing limbs.

After being pushed out of the circle, Kyuhyun swallowed his tears and ran to a nearby tree.

"Ow!" Kyuhyun fell from the tree on his first attempt. He turned and looked at the crowd, cheering at the people that were beating up his hyung. Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows and became more determined to beat them in cheering. Turning back to the tree, Kyuhyun tried to climb once more. In a few frightening minutes, Kyuhyun finally climbed up the bark and sat on a sturdy branch.

With his legs on each side of the branch, Kyuhyun could finally see the center of the circle.

"Go hyung! Go!!! Go!!!!" Kyuhyun cheered as loud as he could and flailed his arms in the air. But with all the noises from the opponents' side and his distance from the core of the fight, his cheers never reach his hyung's ears. Nevertheless, Kyuhyun was happy and satisfied to be able to cheer for his hyung even though he knew that his hyung wouldn't be able to hear it.

Kyuhyun continued until several teachers came to break up the fight. Even from a distance, Kyuhyun could tell that his hyung was all tired and battered. Frowning in worry, Kyuhyun wondered if he is going to be oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter