Caught

Pink Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That evening, Heechul came back with the hard disk.

Before Jongwoon could even greet his brother properly, Heechul was dragged into Kyuhyun's room immediately.

"Teuk hyung, what's up with Kyu?" Jongwoon asked, but Leeteuk just shrugged with a smile, leaving Jongwoon staring at the closed door.

Kyuhyun had been sticking with Heechul a lot these few days and even though they explained that Kyuhyun was receiving job pointers from Heechul, Jongwoon still felt that something was off.

As Leeteuk left for the kitchen, Jongwoon softly padded towards the door.

………

"The disk?" Kyuhyun asked for the disk immediately after the door was closed.

"Here." Heechul pulled the golden hard disk out and placed it on Kyuhyun's palm.

"I'll analyse it." Kyuhyun whirled around and sat his down on his gaming chair. The hard disk was connected to Kyuhyun's computer and the whirring noise of the gadgets spinning inside the PC was the only sound besides their breathing inside the room.

The monitor brightened up instantly as Kyuhyun readied his fingers above the keyboard. Heechul stood next to Kyuhyun and leant his body forward, supporting his weight with a single arm on the desk.

Kyuhyun moved the cursor as soon as his PC was ready. Clicking into the disk file, the automatic firewall system was triggered instantly.

"Hi." A mechanical voice greeted them, followed by a yellow ginseng-like mini figure dancing in the middle of the screen. "Congratulations. You're the 84th person to try and crack me. The last person lasted for 32 days 3 hours, 2 mins and 23 seconds before he decided to destroy my previous disk." The taunting voice continued as the ginseng continued to wiggle.

"How long will you last?"

………

5 days later...

"Hyung! What exactly is Kyuhyun doing?! He has been locking inside his room for almost a week now! He's practically homeschooling at this point!" Jongwoon questioned Heechul when the older exited Kyuhyun's room.

"I told you, Jongwoon. That's a challenge given to him by his professor. If he cracked it, it would be good for his portfolio." Heechul smoothly answered, trying to douse the small flame rising in Jongwoon.

"But isn't he in Game Design? Why is he doing hacking?" Jongwoon furrowed his eyebrows.

"It's part of the modules." Heechul shrugged and lied without batting an eyelid.

"But he'll crash before he finishes the challenge or whatever!" Jongwoon was worried. The last time he saw Kyuhyun, the boy seemed like he hadn't slept for a total of 24 hours in 5 days.

"He won't rest. I told him to, but he just won't listen." Heechul sighed.

"That's where you come in, Jongwoon-ah." Leeteuk appeared by his side and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"What do you mean, Teuk hyung?" Jongwoon asked as he turned his head.

"He'll listen to you. Go and ask him to take a nap. I'll make him something to eat when he wakes up." Leeteuk pulled him up gently and urged him towards Kyuhyun's room. To be honest, Leeteuk was also worried for Kyuhyun's health. The boy hasn't eaten a proper meal for the last 5 days. He needs some proper nutrients as a growing boy.

"What makes you think he'll listen to me if he doesn't listen to Heechul hyung who's older than me?" Jongwoon pouted but obediently moved towards Kyuhyun's room.

"Trust us, Woonie. We know." Leeteuk chuckled and waved at him to move faster.

"Use actions if words doesn't work, Jongwoon-ah!" Heechul shouted before chuckling as Jongwoon huffed and entered Kyuhyun's room.

The moment Jongwoon opened the door, he was greeted with a dark room with curtains drawn. The only light source was coming from the monitor that Kyuhyun was sitting in front of.

"Kyuhyun..." Jongwoon murmured as he padded over to the boy. He didn't switch on the lights because he was afraid it would surprise Kyuhyun and affect whatever he's doing. Standing right beside Kyuhyun, Jongwoon took a look at the monitor.

He blinked. And blinked again.

"20ex30t=6k/n?" Jongwoon rubbed his eyes. There were more letters, symbols and numbers that followed, but Jongwoon couldn't understand a single thing.

"Kyuhyun." He gently shook Kyuhyun's shoulder, but no response.

"Kyuhyun." He tried again, this time shaking a little harder.

"Heechul hyung, I told you I'll rest later. Stop touching me." Kyuhyun's voice was hoarse and rough because of the lack of water and moisture in his throat.

A tick appeared on Jongwoon's forehead.

"CHO KYU HYUN!" A warning shout. The constant tapping on the keyboard finally stopped. Dramatically slow, Kyuhyun finally decided to turn his head around, meeting furious pink orbs.

"Ah. Jongwoon hyung." Kyuhyun greeted with a sheepish smile. He was so focused that he had confused the Kim brothers' voice.

"Yes, it's me." Jongwoon suddenly smiled sweetly, sending a shiver down Kyuhyun's spine. He knew this smile. Jongwoon would flash it whenever Kyuhyun crossed any line.

"How can I help you, hyung?" Kyuhyun asked, his voice small compared to the one that he used when he thought it was Heechul.

"Out." Jongwoon narrowed his eyes and placed his hands on his hip.

"Eh?" Kyuhyun blinked, brain still full of the codes running constantly on the monitor.

"Out of your chair now." Jongwoon elaborated nicely for Kyuhyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter