Maintaining My Image

Pink Magic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days had passed, since Heechul had met Kyuhyun as the founder of ELF. They had been in contact mostly in the middle of the night, and this gave Heechul a deeper look into Kyuhyun's second identity other than just being a normal student.

Kyuhyun was quite an alpha, leading his team with absolute power. His team listens to him well and Heechul was impressed at the plans Kyuhyun had laid out in front of him.

But these meetings and plans just made Heechul raised his eyebrows higher and higher every time he sees Kyuhyun and Jongwoon together.

"Hyung! Kyuhyun came over!" Jongwoon announced as soon as he pushed open the door.

"Project again?" Jongwoon lifted his head when he heard Heechul's voice instead of Leeteuk's.

"Heechul hyung? Where's Teukie hyung?" Jongwoon asked, blinking. Heechul normally wouldn't be home until evening at least.

"On an errand. My boss gave me an off for today." Heechul answered, glancing at Kyuhyun who was following behind Jongwoon like a loyal puppy. Kyuhyun met his eyes and blinked, acting so innocent.

"Your boss really likes you." Jongwoon commented casually, not knowing the double meaning it is to Heechul's and Kyuhyun's ears.

"Yeah, he does. I'm glad." A dark look flash past Heechul's eyes before returning to that of an adoring older brother.

"Hello, Heechul hyung." Kyuhyun greeted politely, an innocent look that Heechul felt very unfamiliar now.

"Good to see you again, Kyuhyun." Two can play the game, Heechul returned the smile with equal intensity.

"We'll be doing a project in my room, hyung." Jongwoon said, skipping to his room first.

"See you, Heechul hyung." Kyuhyun nodded his head politely in Heechul's direction before toddling after Jongwoon, missing the way Heechul's eye glinted in mischief.

Won't it be fun to see the head of ELF in front of Kim Jong Woon?

………

The next evening, Heechul was meeting Kyuhyun yet again to go over the details about their plan, about how each other could be of use to the plan.

And Heechul had his own evil plan in mind.

"Hyung, why did you drag me out here?" Jongwoon lamented, letting himself get dragged by the wrist after Heechul insisted that they get dinner outside. "Go out with Teukie hyung instead!" Jongwoon rolled his eyes, Heechul even got him to dress up a little because they were going to a fancy restaurant.

"Come on! Do you not want to eat dinner with your older brother? I'll take Teukie out another day, don't worry." Heechul pouted, giving the puppy face to Jongwoon, but it didn't work for the younger.

"We have dinner together everyday! What makes today special?" Jongwoon asked as Heechul slowed down their pace. They were reaching their destination.

"Uhh... Ah! Next week's your birthday! We're celebrating it from today onwards!" Jongwoon's birthday popped up in Heechul's and made up the believable excuse.

"Really...You made that excuse up on the spot, didn't you, hyung?" Jongwoon deadpanned, but Heechul had stopped abruptly.

"We're here!" The older announced, but as he wanted to walk in, he stopped and turned to Jongwoon.

"Wait! Can you help hyung to buy a bar of chocolate from the convenience store?" Heechul asked, eyes blinking with expectation

"Harh?! We're right in front of the restaurant and you want me to buy a bar of chocolate for you?!" Jongwoon exasperated.

"Yes, just do it, Woonie!" Heechul pressed both palms together and flashed his puppy eyes again.

Looking at Heechul's weird behaviour, Jongwoon sighed exasperatedly. Why is his brother like that? "Fine." He finally said before turning to walk in the opposite direction.

"Thanks! I'll text you the room number!" Heechul shouted before entering the restaurant, alone.

"Room 824." Heechul said to the receptionist.

"This way." The receptionist exchanged looks with her colleague before leading Heechul to the arranged room.

"There will be another guest coming to room 824 later. Please lead him here." Heechul said with his hand on the handle of the door.

"Yes, sir." The receptionist bowed and left.

Heechul took a deep breath and pushed open the door. As expected, Kyuhyun was already inside the private dining room.

"Hi, hyung." Kyuhyun greeted suavely, swirling a wine glass between his fingers.

"Hi." Heechul nodded in acknowledgement and lightly smirked when he gave Kyuhyun a look over. The boy was wearing a two piece suit, with a maroon striped tie sloppily tied around his neck. Shades resting over the bridge of his nose, Heechul couldn't help but snort "Wearing shades indoors again, Kyuhyun?" He rounded the room and sat beside Kyuhyun on a round table.

"Habit." Kyuhyun's lips curved in amusement as he reached for the red wine bottle and poured a glass for Heechul.

"Is it your habit to dress up so formally every time we meet too?" Heechul asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Image has to be maintained." Kyuhyun answered and Heechul almost laughed. Let's see how he'll maintain later.

"Let's get to business." Kyuhyun started seriously. "On a scale of 1-10, how close are you to Kang Ho Dong?" The younger questioned.

"9. He trusts me like his left-hand man." Heechul said confidently.

"Left?" Heechul knew that those chestnut eyes narrowed.

"He has a right-hand man, called Lee Su Geun. I joined the company when I was 18, before working with them on my final year project." Heechul explained. "Don't worry, Lee Su Geun trusts me t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter