Secret Admirer

Twilight Love

Weekend ended and it was another School day for the neoz.

 

 

School had never been something Areum enjoyed, but it had its perks. She got to see her friends nearly everyday, and it was a way to get out of the house. The flood of school work and stress was nearly intolerable, weekends felt short but she welcomed the chilly autumn air and the return of school with open arms.

 

 

But most of all, school meant she got to see her crush Eric Son, the boy with the sweet smile who now sat in the front row of seats in her art class. Eric Son, the boy who handed out candies to everyone in class on Valentine’s day last year, the only boy who’d given Areum a card and a mini box of chocolates on White Day too.

Bakal Masuk Perguruan Tinggi! Berikut 10 Potret Eric, Maknae The Boyz

Eric Son, the boy who, after being confessed to in the bus lane almost everyday, had politely declined the declaration, hugging the poor girls and tucking the strands of loose hair behind their red ears. Girls usually would die to get his attention.

 

 

Areum weren’t friends with Eric, not really, but nobody really was. He was everyone’s friend, in a way that everybody had a small piece of him, but not the whole thing. Not the real Eric. He was popular because he was nice, and also because he was cute and charming and the school’s basketball team player. Not forgetting, he is also from an idol rookie group called The Boyz under Cre.ker Entertainment.

 

 

He sat at the popular kids’ table, with all the jocks and their girlfriends, but he wasn’t like them. He was quiet and he was nice. He smiled at everyone in the whole, his eyes flicking from one person to the next, that sweet smile glued to his face. He is perfect from head to toe, he couldn’t be real, but everyone could tell that he wasn’t fake either. He was just untouchable.

 

 

Areum wasn’t like him, although sometimes she wished she could be. Her smiles weren’t always genuine, and she’d be lying if she said she’d never snapped at someone at school after they got on her nerves. Areum didn’t sit with any of the popular kids or the jocks or all the other pretty people, usually she is just with her twins and Bommie. Often, it was also the source of her frustration too because aside from Bommie, her twins were also surrounded by girls cooing at them.

 

 

Areum was fine with watching Eric Son from afar, fine with her short and meaningless interactions when he asked to borrow a pencil or an extra piece of kneading eraser. Areum were completely and totally satisfied, she would tell herself and which is why she was also completely and totally unprepared for what happened in class Monday morning.

 

 

It began with the announcement of the legendary project, which once finished in the coming weeks, determine twenty percent of their final grade in the class. It was a simple yet extra ordinary project. The only requirements being that Areum needed to make a mini model or a sculpture of something that it’s spectacular enough. The best sculpture made would receive ten extra credit points, which Areum didn’t necessarily need, but greatly desired.

 

 

Then comes the shocker. And it was a partner project.

 

 

Areum had heard from friends in the her other classes that they would get to choose a partner, so she felt discouraged to learn that her teacher, Park Seongsaengnim, had already sorted their class into pairs.

 

 

It was too bad, really... because Areum had her sights set on her twin brother Jabin, whose artistic skills would no doubt get her a step closer to first place. Instead, Jabin had been paired off with a different girl in the class, one that was seen hanging around him from time to time. He looked incredibly unhappy, staring after Areum regretfully as Park Ssaem continued calling out names.

 

 

“Eric Son, you’re with Suh Areum.”

 

 

What? Areum froze. 

Pin oleh LA ONIRONAUTA🌟 di Snow Ball di 2020 | Gambar kelinci, Ilustrasi  karakter, Gambar hewan lucu

 

Eric was smiling at her, lifting his hand to wave at Areum briefly before gathering his stuff and taking his place in Jabin’s empty seat beside her.

 

 

“Annyeong Areum ah,” he said cheerfully, smiling obliviously.

 

 

“Ha ha Annyeong...” Areum replied as she felt her cheeks burn. Eric laughed, his eyes turning into crescents as his mouth flew open.

 

 

Areum tried to compose herself, smoothing out her shirt and brushing her hair back over her shoulder. “You dyed your hair,” said Areum pointing to Eric's hair.

 

 

He chuckled again, twisting a strand around his finger. “Mmmhmmm. My company told me to change it up. It was time for a change,” he replied, smiling. Eric is also a rookie idol named The Boyz under Cre.ker Entertainment as mentioned above. What else does this guy not do. He is perfect in almost everything. 

 

 

“I’ll miss the brown,” said Areum allowing herself a small smile. “It looked good.” She was actually trying to calm her entire zoo of butterflies in her stomach.

 

 

She almost missed the rosy hue that briefly dusted Eric’s cheeks, but she brushed it off. Eric had always been sort of shy.

 

 

“Gomawo. So....” Eric said, clearing his throat, “Do you wanna come over to my house and work on it this weekend?”

 

 

Areum nodded, maybe a little too hastily making Eric smile. “Okay Chowa!” he said. “May i ask for your number.”

 

 

Areum eyes widened. “My number?” she asked. “Why do you need my number?”

 

 

Eric giggled. “So I can text you my address?”

 

 

Areum blushed, heat rushing to her face as she nodded. “Oh Yeah, of course, sorry.. Oh wait on second thought. Why don't you come over to my place instead?”

 

 

"Hmmm.. Okay call! I'm down." He handed Areum his phone and she opened a new contact, typing in her number with trembling fingers. Areum handed it back to him, mustering the courage to look at him in the eyes.

 

 

“Great!” he said, grinning. “I’ll see you this weekend, then.”

 

 

Areum opened to reply, but the bell rang, and Eric was out the door within moments. She sighed and let her head fall to the desk, groaning in despair. She looked up when she felt a hand on her back, reluctantly opening her eyes to see Jabin standing over her, a sympathetic look in his eyes. Something else glinted behind those brown eyes as well, but she couldn’t quite figure out what it was just yet.

 

 

“Yahhh gwenchana?” said Jabin patting her back. She groaned, leaning back in her chair.

 

 

“Yahh ireona..” Jabin said, grabbing Areum's sleeve. “We have to go. We’re going to be late for our next class. Stop moping.”

 

 

Areum glared at him. “I thought you were going to be nice to me.”

 

 

Jabin snorted. “Shut up, you know better than that. I don’t feel sorry for you. Get up." Areum slapped his hand away, cursing him, but she got up anyway, gathering her stuff up and following Jabin out the door.

 

 

Areum and Jabin stopped by their lockers before heading to class. Areum's mind was still whirling from the events in art class when a folded up piece of paper fell to the floor from her open locker.

 

 

Jabin bent down to pick it up. “Wow, another one?” he said, whistling. “Whoever’s writing these just won’t give up, will they? Better let them know you’re saving yourself for Eric Son.”

 

 

Areum snatched the letter from her twin, scowling. “Shikerooo. Letter-neun chowaji.. You're just jealous.”

 

 

Jabin scoffed. “Yahh.. They should just man up and tell you to your face. This is just childish.”

 

 

Areum glared at him and ripped open the pink and red decorated tape on the note. “Ya ya.. Whatever. Can't you just be proud that your twin has a secret admirer..”

 

 

Jabin just rolled his eyes, frowning as Areum unfolded the note. She cleared  and read it out loud.

 

Areummie,

Even when I’m having a bad day you make it easy for me to smile!

Thank you for making my life a little brighter one day at a time!

Love,

SYJ

 

Before Areum could squeal reading the letter, her other twin Jadin just got back from his D&T class said, “I’m almost one hundred percent sure I’ve seen that exact message on at least six Lotte Mart cards.”

 

 

Areum smacked Jadin head with her free hand, glaring. “I said I like the secret letters! At least they’re trying!”

 

 

“I think they’re cheesy.”

 

 

“I think you’re irritating, Suh Jabin. I’ve heard you say much worse.”

 

 

Jabin cringed. “Arasso arasso, whatever, kaja. If I’m late for Math class again Moon Seongsaengnim is going to kill me.”

 

 

Moon Saem loves you.”

 

 

“Yeah right...” The triplets giggled and walk to their next class.


 

The day Areum were supposed to meet with Eric at the Neoz Hideout approached quickly. The weekdays passed so much faster when Areum anticipates this alone time spent alone with her crush. Yeah. When Areum suggested Eric to come over her place instead, she actually meant the Neoz Hideout. Even after all the drama about the CCTV footage of the Neoz being watched. Areum didn't hesitate to bring Eric over as it is still a place where the Neoz could just be free and study.

 

 

Before she knew it, Eric had arrived at the front gate of the Hideout riding his skateboard on a Saturday afternoon. The Neoz Hideout were located at Hannamdong. A lavish and hip neighborhood. The Neoz Hideout was pretty and neat, clean-cut but not over-done. Looking on the outside, it was happy, bright and welcoming. It was entirely too perfect. Just as Eric had expected it to be.

Eric Imagine + Letter~ | THE BOYZ AMINO Amino

Areum stood by the door, waiting as Eric slipped off his sneakers onto the shoe rack.

 

 

“Wow,” exclaimed Eric, his voice echoing slightly. “This is pretty nice.”

 

 

Areum smiled. “Yeah, it’s not too bad.”

 

 

“So.. Is your family home?” asked Eric.

 

 

“No. Urm.. This isn't my house actually. To be honest this is our Neoz Hideout."

 

 

"A what?"
 

 

"Neoz Hideout."

 

 

"So my bestfriend's father had built this hideout for us. In case you don't know. Our fathers are actually the members of NCT. The Kpop Band from SM Entertainment."

 

 

"Ahhhhh.. Na ara.. Its just that i'm shocked that you guys have a hideout and you inviting me here feels like a secret mission..." said Eric.

 

 

"HAHAHA ani.. Its not really a secret. The other Neoz are out so today i get the studio to myself.”

 

 

Eric raised an eyebrow. “Don’t you get lonely?”

 

 

Areum smiled truthfully. “Ahhhh, sometimes. But it’s alright, I appreciate the alone time.”

 

 

“Okay.”

Pin on Kids' Rooms

Areum led him to the living room. The decor of the place gave a much warmer feeling. Movie and idol posters lined the walls, along with a few polaroids, noraebang machine, guitars, keyboards and etc scattered across the room.

 

 

“So you like music, huh?” Eric asked, but it was more of a statement than a question.

 

 

Areum blushed, scratching the back of her neck sheepishly. “Yeah, I enjoy it a lot. The Neoz, we karaoke and jam to music here. One good thing about our hideout, it has almost everything that we don't even need to go anywhere else to unwind.”

 

 

Eric nodded. “So are you preparing to follow your father footsteps professionally?”

 

 

Areum shook her head, a small movement. “I really like music, but it’s not what my parents wants me to do. It’s not exactly what I’d want to do either. I mean, I want to keep my hobby after I graduate, but I have other goals, you know, and my parents don’t want my hobby distracting me.”

 

 

Eric frowned, just a little. “I mean, if you really enjoy it you should at least try to make time for it, you know?” Areum’s eyes widened as he continued.

 

 

“When I started middle school, I quit my violin lessons because I thought I was too busy with school, and I regret it everyday. I can’t play how I used to, not anymore.” said Eric.

 

 

Areum looked down at her feet. “It’s not that simple,” she muttered.

 

 

“Why not?”

 

 

Areum frowned, but she didn’t look angry, just defeated. “I don’t want to disappoint my parents. I want to make them proud, like they allow me to keep my hobby if I aced on my studies as well. But i'm unable to multitask that as of now. So Like I said, they think it distracts me from my studies..”

 

 

“I’m sorry, Areum, that really , truly. But ultimately it’s you who gets to decide what you want to do after graduation, so it’s your choice.”

 

 

Areum shook her head, biting her lip. “I’m not sure but we'll see haha.”

 

 

Eric pursed his lips, looking at the girl in front of him. “That’s okay. Just do what you know you want to. You won’t have to listen to your parents forever. Don’t miss out on something when you have a chance.”

 

 

Eric peeked at Areum, a soft smile tugging at his lips. This smile was different from the ones he’d given her at school so many times. It was gentle and genuine. It was sweet but not Eric Son sweet. It was vulnerable.

 

 

“So, what do you want to do when you grow up?” Areum said, willing her face to stop burning.

 

 

Eric’s expression brightened, just slightly, and his expression was still shy. “Hmmmm you mean if I wasn't an idol what I wished to be when i grow up?"

 

 

"Ermmm yeah yeah.. Sorry my bad.. I forgot that you are actually already an idol hahaha."

 

 

"Its okay. So don’t laugh alright when i say this.. but I want to be a veterinarian.” Areum did laugh and Eric pouted, just a hint of hurt in his dark eyes.

 

 

“No, that’s cute!” said Areum ignoring her burning ears. “It’s not funny, it’s just so, so you...”

 

 

Eric smiled, his eyes turning into crescents. “Most of my friends say the opposite, actually.”

 

 

“No offense, Eric.. but a lot of your friends are kinda really stupid.”

 

 

“You can’t say that!” replied Eric while laughing. Suddenly, his face grew serious again, a soft smile still gracing his lips.

 

 

“Thank you,” he said. “You’re really nice to talk to.” Areum nodded firmly as she felt her face burn with heat, blushing. It is something that seemed to happen whenever she made eye contact with Eric.

Eric | PROJECT FILM GIFS | THE BOYZ AMINO Amino

 

Eric cleared his throat and the sight of his red ears and cheeks made Areum blush even harder. She didn’t know if the blush was visible on her face, but she hoped to God that Eric wouldn’t notice her embarrassment.

 

 

“We should probably start on that project,” said Eric and Areum snap back to reality after admiring his face, desperately trying to calm her racing heart.