Clash

Twilight Love

A week before Sungchan and Younjung’s wedding. Younjung was at home in her room, going through her clothes to pack for her move to the Jeongs. Her father in law suggested for Younjung to move in with them as Hanlim is nearer to their house. It kinda make sense though because Jaehyun is the one sending the kids to school everyday.

 

 

While going through her clothes, YJ tried a few on. She was unable to fit into some of her clothes as her baby bump is starting to grow bigger and bigger. All her A-line and pencil skirts are all tight around the waist area. She went from a size 22 to size 24! It’s a big difference for YJ. Even her school Uniform is tight!

 

 

“And Chan said i’m losing weight? Which part of my body says that? Aishhhhtt..” groaned YJ. She searched for her phone and dialled Sungchan.

 

 

“Yeobosaeyo? Eo.. Younjung ah.. Wae?”

 

 

“Yahh.. Bwohae..” asked YJ.

 

 

“Preparing our room.”

 

 

“Wow.. Beolseo?”

 

 

“Yes.. Its actually just my room but i’m just revamping a lil here and there so it looks more like a couple room instead of an eighteen year old teenage boy room.”

 

 

“I’m sorry to put you into so much trouble Chan ah..”

 

 

“Hey I told you to stop apologizing. Its totally fine. I want my wife and baby to live in comfort.”

 

 

“I’m sorry.. I mean.. Aigoo.. I don’t know.. Anyways. I hope Yunha Imo dress still fits me.”

 

 

“Wae?”

 

 

“Chan, i’m showing. Its much more obvious now. I can’t even fit into my school skirt.”

 

 

“Its natural to gain a lil weight YJ. Just get new clothes. We’ll go shopping after our confinement period. Which is.. After the wedding HAHA.”

 

 

“Why are you so comforting but also telling me I’m fat!”

 

 

“Which part of the sentence did I mentioned F A T.”

 

 

“You just said it. Hmmph!” Said YJ sulking.

 

 

“Yahh.. Bijeojwo..?”

 

 

“Ani…” answered Younjung in the most cutest voice.

 

 

“Aigoo uri wifeu.. I can’t wait to live with you and entertain your cute tantrums everyday.”

 

 

“Jja… gomawo.. I feel better listening to your voice. I’ll see you on the wedding day okay uri nampyeon.”

 

 

“Are we gonna call each other like that even at school?”

 

 

“Wae shireo??”

 

 

“Ani… Gwenchanaseo? I’m okay if you’re okay with it.”

 

 

“Dongdamminiya.. I swear lets not do that.. I’m too embarrassed.”

 

 

“Nado.. hahahaha.” Laughed Sungchan.

 

 

“Younjung ah.. I have to go. I have another call on the line."

 

 

“Eung arasso. Kkeunno”

 

Just when Sungchan put down the phonecall with Younjung. His phone beeped. He was shocked to see the caller id on his phone. 

fe1442a35cf50eb85115c69dfae2500bb86c15d3.jpg


 

Fast forward.. D-DAY

 

Younjung stood together with her father Jungwoo at the entrance of the wedding hall in anticipation and nervousness. Of course,  Jungwoo realised and he smiled before shaking his head. Younjung was still feeling 50-50 about the marriage but when she  thought about it, she never really had a choice to begin with, especially when it was considered a social norm in the world for arranged marriages. She agreed to it for Sungchan and for herself too. So no turning back.

 

 

"Appa... I'm nervous.."

 

 

"Ara.. You can do this ttal.. Hwaiting!"

 

 

"Gomawo Appa.. Saranghae.."

 

Inside new Covid-19 weddings where dads can't walk bride down aisle arm-in-arm  - Daily Star

 

The veil was translucent, hence, Younjung was not able to see anyone in hall clearly from the entrance, at least not immediately when the doors open. It would only be revealed when she have walked the aisle and the groom lifts the veil over her head. Her sister in law to be HyunA volunteered to take the place of an absent flower girl and by the looks of it, she seemed to be more excited than Younjung. Strangely. One could clearly tell by her body language that she was getting antsy, restless and someone who just could not wait for the event to commence.

 

 

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the doors were open and the wedding song played. To her surprise, it was selected by her father and she never, never knew that he had such great taste in music. It was a song that reminds her of someone. Younjung stared at him with raised eyebrows, while he only wore a proud and fatherly smile on his face.

 

 

The flower girls went first, scattering the rose petals along the aisle and to the audience with such grace, which surprised Younjung even more when it came from her best friend. HyunA wasn't really this excited when she and Sungchan announced the wedding to the Neoz. And she certainly wouldn't have volunteer to be a flower girl.

 

 

Anyways, the flower girls did not take long though, and it was Younjung's turn to walk down the aisle. According to her father (who whispered through gritted teeth), this seemingly romantic song was far from over, which affected the speed that she walked. Those who were invited looked at her curiously and some, looked strangely familiar, but she just could not find it in her memory bank to match their faces to a particular name.

 

 

Time seemed to pass at a snail’s pace and she was soon standing at the altar, with her father Jungwoo taking his place at the front row next to her mother, Youngjae. And that was the cue for the pastor to begin his long speech of blessings and enlightening the crowd about the significance of marriage, before the choir broke into song of hymns and praises to the Almighty. In this whole time, Younjung held the hand of her groom and could not bear to look him in the eye.

 

 

Strangely enough, the warmth which seemed to emit from his fingertips felt strangely familiar, and all the feelings of anxiety disappeared in an instant. Instead, his touch brought her comfort and security, and she could feel the tension in her shoulders disappearing gradually. Younjung could not see his face, but judging by the looks of his physique and the aura that he carried, it was clear that her groom is the man that will protect her after this.

 

 

It was the time for the unveiling and with his fingers, the groom gently lifted the veil, making sure that the veil made no contact with the makeup on Younjung's face. He was careful not to use too much strength either, probably knowing that Younjung's hairstyle had taken a while to do. 

 

 

A gasp of surprise was heard, and Younjung finally mustered the courage to look at her groom, realising that it was not the person that she was supposed to get married to today!

 

 

"SUH JADIN???!!!!!"

Black Pink Lisa GIF - BlackPink Lisa Shook - Discover & Share GIFs |  Blackpink lisa, Blackpink, Lisa

 

Younjung stood frozen. Jadin chuckled lightly before mouthing “Annyeong” after so long. It was still all of a shocker to Younjung as she nodded awkwardly, with her eyes still in disbelief at the fact that she was standing in front of her baby's real father that no one knew about.

 

 

Now, that they stood at the altar together and in all honesty, Younjung could not decide whether to feel elated, relieved or even apologetic for the fact that Jadin would be married to her. Where is Sungchan? She looks around to find Sungchan but he was no where to be found. In the audience, she saw her new in laws. Johnny, Youngwon, Areum and Jabin. HyunA was seated next to her boyfriend of course. Bommie was also present with her father Haechan and partner.

 

 

Yunha and Jaehyun were no where to be sighted as well. Younjung started panicking. She looks over to her father signalling. "Ige Beoya??" Her father just gave shook his head. Younjung was so confused. She suddenly felt the need to runaway from this turnt of event and find Sungchan. She needs to know if he is okay.

 

 

Younjung looked at Jadin carefully and began asking him, "Suh Jadin, what are you doing? Why are you here? Where is Sungchannie?" Younjung said it loud enough for everyone to hear.

 

 

Jadin whispered closed to Younjung's ears, "I'm here, to do what I'm supposed to. To take responsibility of what is in you. Younjung ah I promise I would not leave you alone."

 

 

Younjung immediately pushed Jadin away, "BWO??? NO... This is not right!"

 

 

"APPA.. CALL OFF THE WEDDING RIGHT NOW." Shouted Younjung upon hearing what Jadin just told her.

 

 

"Younjung ah.. Baby" called Jadin.

 

 

"No. Stop! Don't call me that. No. Please.."

 

 

"You don't know how hard it was for me to get over you. And what, now you're suddenly here out of nowhere trying to take responsibility of what you've done. NO! I'm not allowing that. I don't want to destroy your future Jadin ah. Go.. Go back to where you belong." Younjung earning murmurs from the guests.

 

 

"Younjung ah. We can talk about it after the wedding. Please don't be like this." said her father Jungwoo.

 

 

"NO. Appa you knew about this????? And you didnt tell me about it??"

 

 

"Younjung ah.."

 

 

“CHAN AHHHH. JEONG SUNGCHAN..” shouted Younjung getting down from the altar.

 

 

“Younjung ah!! KIM YOUNJUNG!!” Called HyunA. Younjung has already ran out of the hall through the big door. She just kept running without looking back. She has to find Sungchan. Why did he have to leave her just like that.

 

 

HyunA chased after her bestfriend after seeing how she acted up after knowing who her groom was. HyunA is partially responsible for what had happened earlier. She told Jabin about Younjung’s pregnancy and the baby she is conceiving is not her brother’s but Jadin’s. She felt that Jadin should be the one taking responsibility of the baby instead of Sungchan.

 

 

HyunA assumed Sungchan was forced to marry her bestfriend because of the baby. Which really wasn’t the case up till today. The couple literally had come to their senses that whatever that is happening to them has been written by fate. They loved each other not just as best friends but as lifetime partners now. Yes, getting married to one another would lower the chance of people knowing Younjung is pregnant with another man’s child. But Sungchan too has the need to be married in order to break the curse.

 

 

It hasn’t fully sink to HyunA that her brother is half human, half vampire that’s why she thought what she did was right. No HyunA.. Why did you have to make the move without consulting others first. Your brother especially.

 

 

File:Marty Leonard Community Chapel, Beautiful garden outside the chapel.jpg  - Wikimedia Commons

 

After searching high and low for Sungchan, Younjung finally saw her supposedly parent in laws Yunha and Jaehyun at the park bench. She ran towards them and stood in front of them, expecting an explanation.

 

 

“What happpened eommonim? Abonim?”

 

 

“Younjung ah..” sighed Jaehyun.

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me Younjungie..” Uttered Yunha.

 

 

“Tell you what? What is going on? Where is Sungchan?” Asked YJ.

 

 

“You don’t have to find Sungchan anymore. Just go ahead and marry Youngwon Eonnie's son. Suh Jadin is the father anyway.”

 

 

“Eommonim..”

 

 

“I don’t know what to say anymore Younjung ah.. All these while, I thought Sungchan was lucky that he has you to marry in order to break the curse. But it was the otherwise.”

 

 

“Eommonim.. I… I….”

 

 

“Eomma! Its not like that..” said HyunA who came after running after Younjung.

 

 

“YOU!” Yelled Yunha.

 

 

“Eomma, I can explain. Younjung ah I can explain."

 

 

“Younjung ah.. please hear me out okay. I know I may have been mean to you for this past few months but you need to know this before you decide on anything after this.”

 

 

“Sungchan can’t be married to you because of the baby you are conceiving.”

 

 

“Huh what do you mean?”

 

 

“He imprinted on the baby.”

 

 

“What?? No!” Answered YJ.

 

 

“Imprinted??? What does that even mean?” Asked Yunha.

 

 

“Yes he did. With imprinting on the baby, he broke the curse as he will be the protector of the baby and protect him or her till its last breath.”

 

 

“If you still wish to go on marrying him and accepts him as your husband. Your baby if it’s a girl might fall in love with her own father when she turns legal!”

 

 

“Aniya aniya aniya.. That won’t happened! You’re making this all up. I still don’t know the gender of my baby yet. Sungchan and I had already scheduled for our gynae appointment a week after our wedding. I need to find him now. Hyuna please help me find him.”

 

 

“No YJ. That baby is not his still! Its Jadin!” Yelled HyunA. Younjung fell on her bum by the ground, crying when the other family members came to the park bench.

 

 

“Ttal ireonaa.. Don’t be like this..” said Youngjae.

 

 

“Get up Kim Younjung. You cannot be acting like this on your wedding day.” Said Jungwoo.

 

 

 

“Baby.. I’m here. I will take responsibility of you and our baby. Please allow me. I love you YJ.”

 

 

“NOOO.. Let go of me. Please..” Younjung was crying, shaken by the absence of Sungchan. She needs him now. “Jaehyun Abonim we need to find Sungchan, he needs to know that the wedding is call off. I will not marry anyone else except him.”

 

 

“Younjung ah…” called Jadin.

 

 

“I’m sorry Appa.. Eomma.. I have let you down. But you can’t force me into something that I don’t want to do.”

 

 

“Geurigo.. Jadin ah. Although, the baby that i’m conceiving right now is yours. Sungchan was the one who had been there since day 1. The only one that accepted and supported me at my lowest. I love Sungchan more than anything now. He will be my husband and the father to my child. I would appreciate if you just go back to the States and do not appear in front of me anymore! JAEBAL!”

 

 

Johnny and Youngwon who was watching the banter of speeches of their in laws decided to stepped in. “Yeoreobun calm down. Please.”

 

 

“We can’t force Younjung on this marriage. Marriage is not something to be taken lightly.”

 

 

“Younjung ah.. Gwenchanni? Ireona.. Imo will help you find Sungchan. I think I know where he is.” Said Youngwon consoling YJ.

 

 

“You do? Where??”

 

 

“Darahaebwa.. I’ll bring you..” said Johnny.

 

 

“Appa..” Uttered Jadin.

 

 

“I’m sorry Jadin, but this time I am on YJ’s side.”

 

 

“But Eomma..”

 

 

“No more buts. We’ll talk about it when Appa and I reach home. Yunha, Yuno are coming?” Asked Youngwon.

 

 

“Uri?!”

 

 

“Yes. Don’t you need to talk to your son about this? Don’t tell me you’re believing everything you just heard today. You have yet listened to what Sungchan has to say about this.” Said Youngwon.

 

 

“Geundae Eonnie…”

 

 

“Let’s go before its too late..”