Cupid by chance

BLAMELESS

SON CHAEYOUNG'S POINT OF VIEW

Mina and I became officially a couple after we shared a kiss in my room. However, we've never really gone on a date just yet. I know it's a strange thing for couples not to date, but like, I guess we're a special case. We live together and we're definitely a busy pair, she's busy with studying and practicing for the school dance and I'm busy with studying and helping organize the school festival. We've never really gone on a date so like, there would be times we'd just meet up after school and have dinner together. It's nothing really fancy, I guess? Most of the time we'd just hang out in each other's room, of course, we'd make sure everyone's not around. We'd also take extra precaution and lock our door, we both don't want the Tzuyu situation happening to us again. That was something. 

"Honey." She calls my attention. We are currently in her room, we both had already showered and we're in our pajamas. I am currently massaging her aching feet, she usually asks me to do so right after her dance practice. I stared at her for a while and raised both my eyebrows while still massaging her. 

"Yeah? Should I put more pressure?" I ask her, then I hear her chuckle. 

"Do you envy couples who are able to go out and date outside?" She asked me, she had this look on her face which made it look like she's worried. 

"I mean, like, we aren't like other couples." I smile, still massaging her feet. "You've got ugly feet, by the way." I jokingly told her and she suddenly reached to me and smacked me in the shoulder. We ended up chuckling softly. 

"But we're still a couple you know. I'm just wondering whether you feel sad because we don't go out on dates." She explains to me, she's staring at me with her soft eyes which of course made me smile. 

"Mina." I laugh because calling her by her real name would often annoy her. 

"What is it, Son Chaeyoung?" She sarcastically asks me back. 

"You know, the couples that you're talking about don't live together like us." I try to explain our situation to her, I was still massaging her. "Those couples go out on a date because they want to make up for the time that they had lost by being apart, yeah?" I also try to explain what I think about the situation. 

"Can you please press harder?" She complains and of course, I gave her what she wanted. "Damn. Not that hard." She starts chuckling and of course, I start doing my job better. 

"But babe, that doesn't mean I don't want to go on a date." I tell her the truth. "I want that too!" I chuckle, she then gave me this look that made it seem like she's hopeful. 

"Well, should we do it?" She asked me.

"I don't know. Should we?" I ask her back while still massaging her. 

"Well, do you want to?" She stares at her foot. "I wish these idiots would leave us alone for like a day or two, you know?" She jokingly says this. I stare at her for a few seconds and nod my head. 

"Hey, what about when we go to the movies?" I suggest. 

"The movies?" She asked and I knew she was thinking the suggestion was strange. 

"Well you know, It's just a suggestion. We can start from that and like, just see how the night goes." I suggest. 

"I thought you didn't know if you want to go on a date?" She teases me, her eyebrows shrugging. 

"Oh? Alright. No date then." I replied immediately without skipping a beat. She stared at me with those soft eyes, they weren't piercing me tonight and that was when I see her pout. I just chuckle and shake my head as if telling her I was joking. "You've got to take it easy on the dancing, you're practically hurting my hands." I jokingly complain. 

"And I thought you were concerned." She rolls her eyes at me, but I knew she was just being playful. "Well, you know, I think it's going to be an awesome number. You should come and watch me perform." She seemed shy when she said this.

"Honey, I'm in the production team. Of course, I'll be there." I chuckle, still massaging her feet. She then gave me this look and leaned in to plant a soft kiss on my cheek. It was a sweet and gentle gesture that made me smile. Not long after that, we ended up cuddling and falling asleep in her room. 


The school festival is the main highlight of the school year, well, that's what the seniors say. Honestly, that was such a sad thing to hear and of course, I refused to believe so since I don't really think it's that big. It's just a school festival, right? But since the seniors were really 'passionate' about it, Tzuyu and I had to go check and run some stuff. We need to make sure that things will run smoothly because we're definitely the ones going to be scolded if an error occurs. 

"Promise me one thing." Tzuyu whispers as she's running through her checklist. 

"I've promised you millions of things already and so far I haven't done any of them. Are you sure you want to proceed?" I jokingly ask her as I am checking on the light sequence. 

"Stop -blocking me." She chuckles, I then turn my head to her and see her smiling. That's good, I guess? I've noticed she's quite good at masking her emotions. I could never be like her. "Just say play along, damn. You're such a drag." She rolls her eyes at me and of course, I smile at her and nod. 

"Okay, what is it?" I ask her. We weren't really far from each other plus we were the only ones in the room so we can talk however loud we want since no one can hear us. 

 "Let's never volunteer to be in the production team next year, okay?" She chuckles while reading through her list. 

"Are you sure you want to do that?" I asked her and that was when I saw this look on her face. 

"You mean to want to volunteer for this again next year?" She sounded as if she couldn't believe what she was hearing. I just stare at her and smile.

"Oh my god, this thankless job? Hell no." I chuckle my heart out. "But like, think of it this way, we can boss the freshmen around next school year. Isn't that cool?" I chuckle and look at her for approval. 

"Well, you're no different from Haesoo then." She looks disappointed at me and that was when she turned her attention to her work again. 

"Oh jeez, you don't know how jokes work." I roll my eyes at her . "Besides, we'd still be in this club next year. The seniors are graduating and we're basically the ones next in line. We can't just quit." I told her the truth and that was when I heard her sigh. 

"I hate it here." She complains. 

"You're not the only one sister." I reply immediately without skipping a beat while still checking on things that need to be ticked off.


Tzuyu and I worked for two hours more after that. We didn't really talk much after, instead, we worked and worked and got our tasks done. We wanted to get things over with since we really hated this no good job that even the seniors loath. 

"Are you going somewhere after this?" She asked me, we were at the benches sitting and just doing nothing. I was actually waiting for Mina to finish her rehearsals. I asked the girl if I could go and watch her rehearse but she quickly turned me down because she wanted everything to be a surprise. I mean, whatever, right? I'll just respect her request so that we won't argue anymore. 

"Actually, yeah." I reply. I was a little shy when I said this since I knew she'd ask me about details. I just stared at her and smiled shyly. 

"With Mina unnie?" She asked me directly. Of course, I didn't expect her to ask me that. I had to stare at her for a while and shyly nod. 

"Well, how'd you know?" I ask her, I felt awkward, the thought that Tzuyu already knows what is going on between me and Mina is just so alien to me. 

"Well, you guys are dating right?" She casually asked me this and I just had to stare at her. 

"Yeah. We are." I reply. I wasn't really sure how to talk to her about this. 

"Will you stop acting so awkward? Why are you being so shy?" She laughs at me. I stare at her, confused. 

"What?" I laughed, I didn't really know what to say to her. 

Something in me felt that Tzuyu doesn't care much about these things. Of course, maybe it's because she also understood us since she's like us too. I just stared at her and smiled as this overwhelming feeling of happiness engulfed me. 

"Look, I'm happy for you and Mina unnie." She smiles and pats my back, maybe to reassure me that it's okay and that I don't have to feel ashamed. 

"Thank you." I just smile at Tzuyu. 

"You guys be nice to each other, okay? Don't hurt each other and just be happy together. Alright?" She said this so casually that I just had to stare at her and chuckle. She seemed so wise and old whenever she spoke which made me realize she's actually very mature for her age. 

"Tzuyu-ah." I call her attention, She stared at me, shrugging both her eyebrows in the process. "How have you been?" I ask her. I am actually implying about the night when she burst inside my room and cried herself to sleep on our laps. 

"I've been  doing better." She chuckles. "Also, I'm very sorry about what I did. It seemed like drunk Tzuyu isn't the type who can control herself." She laughs and I realize she's been trying to sweep her emotions under the rug and I admit that bothers me. 

"If you're sad, just be sad. Stop trying to put this mask on every single day. Be sad when you need to be sad." I pat her back as a way to comfort her. 

"Thanks." She whispered.

"You don't have to be happy all the time." I tell her this because it's true. False positivity is such a ty thing and I wish she wouldn’t do that to herself.

We became quiet after that, it only took a few minutes for Mina to walk down the school grounds. She seemed tired but dressed, it's probably in the gym bag she brought with her this morning. I was just staring at her and chuckling at how funny she looked. She didn't comb her hair yet, poor child.

"Looks like your girlfriend is here." She jokingly nudges me using her elbow, I jokingly give her this tough look which I think made me look not harmful at all. Better luck next time, I guess? Tzuyu stands up and greets Mina. "Good evening unnie." She smiles at the older girl. 

"Oh, It's you." She smiles as she taps Tzuyu's head affectionately. " Thanks for keeping her company, she would've been lonely waiting all alone." Mina said this so softly that I couldn't help but smile too. She looked beautiful in her coat. Her hair's down and a little messy, and her cheeks flushed because of the cold air. 

"It's fine unnie, it's no big deal." Smiles Tzuyu.

"Did I make you guys wait that long?" Mina sounds concerned, she stared at Tzuyu and then stared at me. "Tzuyu-ah, do you mind coming with us? We'd like to treat you to some hot chocolate." Smiles Mina to Tzuyu, it's cold after all. 

"Yeah, you should come and join us. It will be fun, I promise." I smile at Tzuyu, trying to convince her.

"And what? Be the third wheel? No way." She laughs and then shakes her head strongly. "You guys should go ahead. I'd rather hang out at home with Nayeon unnie than be with you guys. I don't want to ruin your night." She politely adds. Mina and I just stare at each other for a while. 

The three of us decided that it was better for Tzuyu to ride a cab home. It was cold and we wanted her to be home as soon as possible so before we went to our destination, we booked a cab for her and did all the necessary things to make sure that she's going to be home safe. After seeing the Taxi speed off, Mina and I stared at each other and smiled. 

"To the movies?" I asked her. She smiled at me warmly. 

"To the movies." She replied without hesitation. 


Honestly, I feel excited and a little awkward about the fact that Mina and I have never been on a date before. Is going to Japan considered a date? That was one expensive flight but I don't think it was a date. But yeah, we've been together for more than a month now and we've never been on a date. I find it strange but also funny, maybe couples do have their own way of being a couple. 

"You love popcorn that much?" Mina asks, this was right before the movie started. I just had to look at her and stick my tongue out.

"Leave me and my popcorn alone, ballerina." I laugh at her as I try to keep the popcorn away from her. She had this sad look on her face which made me give up, of course, I had to give her some right? It's our first date after all.

"Hey." I call her attention. She turned her gaze to me and then I whispered. "Thanks for taking me on a date, it's very thoughtful of you." I jokingly whisper to her. I hear her chuckle.

"Don't mention it, hon. We had to get out of that house anyway. The kids were getting in my nerves." She jokingly replies, implying the kids were our dormmates. 

Mina and I were seated at the far back corner of the theater. It was a nice night since there weren't many people inside the theater, there's probably only ten of us in the theater which is nice since I can talk to Mina comfortably without being concerned for the people inside the cinema. The movie was nice but I always caught myself staring at Mina. I loved how the screen's light reflected on her face, it made her look extra beautiful and delicate. Maybe it's just me, right? Maybe I'm biased, but it doesn't matter. 

"Stop staring." She teases me, she then slowly but surely lays her head on my shoulder. It felt natural, it wasn't the type that made me want to freeze and slow my breathing down. It wasn't the type that made me conscious or the type that made me only think of making Mina feel comfortable. It was more like, I know she's there but that's fine. It felt natural. I even effortlessly slipped my arm and put it around her shoulder. 

"You're not cold, right?" I asked her, my eyes glued on the screen by now. 

"Well, not really." She whispered back. "I'm so glad there aren't that many people here." She chuckles softly. 

"Yeah, there's barely fifteen people in this theatre." I whisper back. 

"Which means I can do this." Mina whispers, and I feel her plant a soft kiss on my neck. All the calmness has left my body when her lips touched my skin, I also can't ignore her sultry voice. How the hell is she doing that? "Right?" She stops and stares at me, my arm still around her, unknowingly I was already pulling her closer to me. I stare at her and just sigh, I feel my body getting warm and for good reasons of course. "Easy, you're pulling me a little too hard there." I see her give me this playful look, a smirk plastered on her face. She's loving how I react. 

"Come here." I pull her close to me with little force. Of course, Mina didn't expect this because she's always thought I'm not into public displays of affection. 

"You're getting a little excited honey, take it easy." She smirks at me, her eyes looking up and down from my eyes to my lips. The cinema is designed to be dim but I could see that she had this excitement in her eyes that I only see in the bedroom. I didn't hesitate and just went in, kissing her right on the lips. Caressing her and pulling her close to me, I'm doing anything in my power to get her all too. Anything for revenge. If she messes with me, I'm going to mess with her. 

Kissing her on the mouth wasn't a big deal, but I wanted to hear her say something so I started trailing kisses from down to her neck. It was a miracle how Mina just let me have my way, most of the time she isn't like this. Would I take this chance for granted? Hell no. 

"This is uncomfortable." I whisper as I stand up, the cinema's screen illuminated how taken aback she looked. I was standing right in front of her and I had the full view of her face. 

"What are you doing?" She asked me, she seemed careful. Cool Mina has left. I've never seen her this tense before, it's as if she's never thought I could also lead. 

"Why do you think I chose for us to specifically sit here?" I casually asked, we were in the far back corner of the theater. Couples basically sit here to make out. 

"Why?" She sounded breathy. She asked this. Well, it's probably because that was when I decided to sit on her. My legs folded so that I can position myself properly, of course, both my hands were on her cheek specifically because I wanted her full attention. She seemed taken aback, she's never seen me this way.

"To do stuff." I reply and before she could ever say something I go in for another kiss, not minding the people with us since we both know they're too busy watching the movie. After kissing her on the lips, I move down to her neck, not only kissing it but also and nibbling on it as well, making sure I leave a mark. This way, I can make fun of her in the days ahead. She didn't really react much since she knows if she makes a sound, people will stare at us. But because I wanted a reaction out of her, I slyly and carefully touched her using my ice-cold hands and that was when she moaned. 

"Quiet. You're getting loud." I whisper, my lips still on her neck, still . 

"Babe." She called my attention, she sounded breathy but still not riled up. "You know theatres have special cameras inside that record everything, right?" She was concerned which made me abruptly stop.  

"." I slowly stand up and get off of her, I see her trying her best not to laugh at me. I  sadly sit back down to my seat and quietly drink on my coke. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask her, I was obviously ashamed of what I was doing. 

"It's because you were already so riled up." She teases me, pointing at my forehead for more effect. I just stare at her in annoyance. 

"And I didn't rile you up? You were the one ." I whisper back. 

"I know." She chuckles. 

"So..." I trail off. "By any chance, can we continue tonight?" I asked her and that was when she leaned in and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. 

"Maybe." She whispers and that was when I realized that cool Mina was back. Cool Chaeyoung has once again disappeared into the great unknown. 


After watching movies with her, we decided to go and have dinner. By that time it was almost eleven in the evening but since we were hungry, we didn't really care what time it was. For the right reasons, we've both decided to skip on the alcohol because we both know that we at drinking so we'd rather not stumble and have injuries.

"Hey, did you enjoy today?" She asked me this while topping my bowl of rice with meat. I stare at her and nod. I have to admit that today was actually quite fun and exciting. 

"Of course, it was fun." I smiled at her, we were both in the middle of eating our food when she asked me this. "I loved it so much. Thank you." I smile at her, not really sure with what more I should say in order to show her my gratitude. 

"Hey, I'm quite excited to show you our performance." She seemed genuinely happy when she said this, I nod and smile at her. I love it when she gets excited over the things that she does. I love it, especially when she smiles and when her eyes disappear and her gums just get exposed. I love it. 

"I'm excited too. I can't wait." I chuckle. "You've been very nice to me today, I appreciate it. I swear." I smile at her as I place my hand on her hand. She smiled back at me.

"I'm going to be honest with you, okay?" She started and my heart started beating so fast. I just stared at her. "Oh my god, honey. Are you okay?" She tries to shake my hand, I just stare at her. 

"Are you going to break up with me?" I immediately asked her, I didn't want to prolong things. If she were to break my heart, I would rather have it happen right now.

"WHAT?" She immediately replies. "What are you talking about?" She asks me. 

"You said you wanted to be honest with me. What is it?" I asked her, I already retracted my hand close to my chest. I don't know, I feel protected this way. 

"I wanted to talk about Tzuyu, you dummy!" She laughs, her eyes disappearing in the process. I just had to stare at her and give her this unhappy look.

"If you wanted to talk about Tzuyu then you should've said so immediately. Stop making it seem dramatic. I swear to god you're going to give me a heart attack." I warn her like my life depended on it. Then, I see her smile, probably because of how dumb I sound right now. "Okay, so what is it?" I ask her back, trying to steer the conversation where it's supposed to be. 

"Well, you know hon, we've got this gorgeous foreign exchange student from my department." She started off, I was just listening to her and realized what she was doing. 

"Honey." I called her attention, she then immediately turned her gaze to me. "What do you think you're doing?" I ask her, of course, I did my best to not sound harsh. 

"What?" She chuckled, this mischievous look in her eyes showed so much.  "She's 21 years old and she's from Hong Kong." She immediately started filling in the details for me. 

"What's all this about?" I ask her. "Are you trying to set Tzuyu up? Is this what's happening?" I shake my head. 

"I didn't say anything like that." She chuckles, the mischievous glint still in her eyes. 

"She just got her heartbroken, hon. Don't play cupid." I try to warn her and then I see her nod. 

"Look, that's not what I'm doing right now. I just want Tzuyu to have a friend from outside of our dorms." She says this in a way that made me believe her intentions were clean. I just stare at her and nod. 

"One question." I start off. "I've got one question." I tell her.

"Shoot." She casually replies.

"Is that foreign exchange junior of yours into girls?" I ask her, she just had this sly look on her face which made me wonder what she's trying to do. 


Later that night we decided that it would be nice if we slept in her room. It has become our tradition to do so ever since we became official.  We would sneakily sleep in each other's rooms and it would be exciting and fun. Of course, we don't get to do this every day since there would be times when we'd struggle to sneak in each other's room since the others tend to retreat to their own rooms very late in the night. Well, we got lucky tonight. 

"Just move in with me already." Mina jokingly says this as she my hair gently. I was laying on her lap with my eyes closed and listening to the music playing on the radio. Mina's scrolling through her phone reading god knows whatever she is reading. 

"Just in case you forgot, we're already roommates." I playfully slap her with the truth. I hear her chuckle. 

"Should we tell them?" She asked this out of nowhere, her fingers still playing with my hair. I had to open my eyes and look at her from below.

"About us?" I asked her, of course, I was taken aback. Not because I didn't want the others to know but because I never thought she'd ever bring this up. "You want to tell the girls about us? That we're a thing?" I might have sounded too happy. I saw her smile at me and that was when she leaned down to kiss my forehead. 

"Of course, you're my girlfriend after all." She smiles at me. When she said this something inside me felt warm and nice. I had to sit up and just stare at her for a while. I couldn't even wipe the stupid smile off of my face. 

"Oh god, I hate how you know to make me smile." I tell her and then I see her put her phone down. 

"Should I make you cry then?" She sarcastically replied. "I was serious when I proposed telling the girls about us. Think about it, okay?" She said this so casually that I just had to stare at her. I don't even know how to reply to whatever she said. 

"Do you want to tell them so that they won't bug us that much?" I jokingly asked her. 

"Yeah, that too. I'm getting tired of trying to sneak in each other's room every other night. What we have isn't a crime, honey." She stared at me for a while and then leaned in to plant a kiss on my lips. Her hands gently caressing my arms up and down, which admittedly turns me on. I softly pulled her close when she started to break away, this time I was the one kissing her back. I was gentle though, I'm doing my best not to rile her up too much. My free hand found its way on her shoulder for support, of course. When we broke off, we found ourselves chuckling but also out of breath. 

"Alright. Let's tell them." I finally agree as I lay my head on her shoulder. I've never felt this comfortable with someone before, everything felt natural with her. To be honest, I never thought I'd feel this at ease with someone. With her, I didn't have to ask for things to be done. She'd always have the initiative of doing things without me having to ask her. It's amazing how she came into my life at the right time. It's crazy how much I've grown to like her more now that we're together. 

They say that home is where you feel the safest. I never thought home could be a person. But I guess I was wrong? A person can be a home. She's my home. Myoui Mina is my home and refuge. 


KIM DAHYUN'S POINT OF VIEW

"You said what?" I asked her. She had this look on her face that suggested that she didn't really care. 

"I said Mina needed her." She said this so casually. I had to stare at her for a few seconds for her to look up at me. "What? Why are you staring?" She asked me this like I was the one that did something horrible. 

"Sana, did Mina say she needed Chaeyoung?" I asked Sana. 

We were both in my dorm since everyone's decided to go out and eat dinner. We were seated across each other in the Kitchen, her elbows propped on the table, and her chin resting on her palms. 

"I mean, not really." She shrugged. I stare at her again for a few seconds. 

"I knew it. I knew there wouldn't be any reason for Chaeyoung to accompany Mina to Japan unless you said something that provoked her." I chuckled and just shook my head. 

"Provoked what? Why would that provoke her?" She had this confused look on her face. "Look, Dahyun-ah. I didn't do that to provoke her. Chaeyoung owed me a favor and when I said Mina needed her I meant that as more of a general thing." She explains.

"Because she is in such a bad position, right?" I asked her back, realizing that Sana does have a point. 

"Yeah, like, when I said that, I meant Mina needed everyone." She shrugged and stared at me. "Why? What's wrong? Their flight to Japan happened more than two months ago. Why are you suddenly bringing this up now?" She asked me. 

"Well, Minatozaki." I smile at her, knowing that what I'm about to say will amaze her. "You asked Chaeyoung for a favor at the right time." I chuckle.

"Why? What do you mean 'at the right time'?" She asked back. 

"You might've unknowingly played the role of cupid between those two." I chuckle. She stared at me for a while, she didn't understand what I meant at first. 

"You mean?" She asked this as she made this hand gesture that suggested the two are dating. I chuckle at her and nod my head. "Holy , really?! I did well, didn't I?" She had this smile plastered across her face which made me smile too. 

"Yes, you did well." I tell her.