BLT sandwich is the New Truth Serum

BLAMELESS

Yoo Jeongyeon’s POV

 

The wind chimes on the bakery’s door would make a noise either when a customer leaves or enters. As per usual, the bakery is moderately busy. I usually work after classes, I do this in order to put my studies first and also gain a little extra income for school. Though my parents are more than happy to provide for me, I just took the initiative to apply for a part-time job. It wouldn’t hurt to have a little extra income, right? 

 

Tonight though, I decided to work overtime. Not that much overtime but I just exceeded my usual schedule. It’s because one of my co-workers had to do something and she doesn’t have someone to cover for her. I then realized that I have a little extra time to waste so why not just do the overtime? The pay would be really nice. 


 

Money is the key.


 

I grab the dish towel and start cleaning the kitchen sink. I wash it with soap first and then rinse the towel. I scrub every inch of the sink, making sure that I actually do my job well. Scrubbing the sink was fine but the real challenge was cleaning the sink counter. Beverages and food were placed there just before they were served to the customers. It made me feel horrible if the customers got to eat dirty food. I mean, if I were a customer too at some shope, I wouldn’t want to eat something dirty. 

 

After cleaning, I wash my hands and feel a relief wash over me. I’m sure that’s the last time that I’ll be cleaning that place today. I then look at my watch and see it’s already 11:40 pm. Nice, only twenty minutes to go until my shift’s over. Now, I just have to hope that nobody s the kitchen up or nobody messes in the Bakery. But of course, I could only hope. People in this area do not know how to act. They’re all messy as hell and I can’t even do anything about it because that’s my job. Why did I decide to clean tables and the kitchen counter and sink for an extra allowance? 


 

I guess I just have to suffer.


 

I need to walk outside of the kitchen in order to check whether someone has messed up, spilled something, or just need napkins or whatever. Outside, there weren’t that many customers. The place was almost quiet and I have to admit that I liked it better this way because that meant I had to clean less tables and deal with less annoying people. 


 

Fun, right?


 

I just stood there, waiting for the cashier to ask for assistance or a customer ask me where the condiments were. That’s what I do, assist people. I don’t mind, as long as I get paid, I won’t complain. As I was standing there, I accidentally made eye contact with the cashier. She seemed tired, I mean, we’re all tired. I just give her the ‘you need something?’ look. She nodded so I just walked over to her.

 

“I need to pee. Cover for me, I’ll be back in a jiffy.” She whispered as she skedaddled her way out of the spot. I then slipped myself inside the cubicle . As per usual, there wasn’t much action for me because peak hours were over a while ago. So of course, I just had to stand there and hope that I actually do something. 

 

As I just stood there, with my gaze downcast because I had nothing else to do, I heard the wind chime ding after a very long time. I expected that someone decided to leave. So I lift my head up to of course, to greet them a good night because that’s what good employees do. However, instead of seeing someone leave, another customer actually came in so I had no choice but to put on a smile and greet them with my warmest welcome.

 

“Hello ma’am, may I take your order?” I ask her with the biggest smile on my face.

 

“Tone it down, Yoo Jeongyeon. You’re scaring me.” She laughs and her two front teeth are exposed. I just stare at her, what the hell does she want from me right now?

 

“Oh? If it isn’t it our Nayeon-shi? What brings you here?” My co-worker who apparently came back from the comfort room greets Nayeon.

 

“Well, you know, I came here to see Jeongyeon.” She smiles. My co-worker then signals me to get out of the cubicle, so I did. I just stare at them, I have to admit I’m a little weirder out by their interaction. 

 

“You guys know each other?” I ask them, confused.

 

“She visits you so often, of course I know her!” My coworker smiles at Nayeon. Nayeon just gave me this look, as if she’s satisfied that my co-worker adores her. Can she be any more narcissistic? “You need to talk to her?” she asks Nayeon.

 

“Would that be okay though?” Nayeon asks her back. I see my co-worker check her watch.

 

“Her shift will be over in ten minutes. Would it be okay for you to wait?” She asks. I see Nayeon nod, like a kid. She gave my Coworker a thumbs up and she just walked over to the nearest seat. 

 

“Yoo Jeongyeon, give her this. Tell her it’s on the house.” My coworker grabs a cookie and puts it on a plate. I just nod at her and bring the pate over to Nayeon. 

 

“Are those for me?” She asks me when I placed the cookie on the table. 

 

“No, they’re for me. I placed it in here so I can eat it in front of you.” I reply sarcastically. She just gave me this look, she wanted to smack me. I can tell. “Anyway, just wait here. I’ll get my things ready. I won’t be long.” I add.

 

I walked back to the kitchen where our lockers were located. I had five minutes left before my shift was over. I was just kind of just stalling time. I grab my bag and when the clock strikes midnight, I do my time-stamp and go outside. As expected, Nayeon was there, still waiting for me but this time she’s already standing. She was smiling, like a kid, I smiled at her too. She doesn’t give up, does she?

 

“Let’s go?” I asked her, holding my bag in my left hand. 

 

“Yeah.” She nodded. Before we went our way, she turned her gaze to my coworker and smiled. “Thanks for the cookie, Arin! See you next time!” She waved her hands and we got out of there.


 

Does she think she’s South Korea’s National best friend? 

 

 

These past few days have been challenging both physically and mentally for Nayeon. I feel like seeing her suddenly become quiet and then not functioning for hours just because of that guy. Jung Minwoo. That motherer. I wanted to choke him. I was right, the minute I laid my eyes on him I knew he was up to no-good. I just never expected the severity of that Monster’s actions. Thinking about it made me furious. I ing loathed that guy. He even used Chaeyoung to get closer to Nayeon, what a ing piece of . He played us like we were toys. But not now. 


 

Now we’ve got our guards up, we’ll protect each other. 


 

“Have you had dinner?” Nayeon asks me out of the blue. I turned my gaze to her, she held her hand together as she waited for my answer. I just shook my head, since I actually hadn’t eaten yet. “Yeah? Me too. Come on, I know a pretty good sandwich shop nearby. Their BLT sandwich is really good.” Nayeon grabs my hand as she leads me to wherever that sandwich shop is. 

 

She was right, it was pretty nearby. It was just a block away and I couldn't believe I haven’t heard of this place before. We ordered our food, good thing the shop wasn’t at all busy that’s why our orders were ready pretty quickly. We then chose an empty spot where benches were available. It’s a good thing, people weren’t that much around this time of night. The night was chilly, the stars were out, and of course the food was great. It’s nice to actually take a break and just chill out for a bit. 

 

“Yah, you really had to work overtime tonight?” Speaks Nayeon, she hasn’t spoken a word since we sat on the benches. 

 

“Yeah, why not? I get paid if I work overtime.” I tell her as I take another note of the sandwich she just bought me. I stare at her, she squints her eyes in frustration. 

 

“It’s not like you’re not provided an allowance by your parents or something.” She rolls her eyes at me. I just shake my head, who cares? 


 

Any money is good money. 


 

“Anyway, why’d you still visit me? You know, you shouldn’t be wandering around because of that jerk.” I couldn’t control my tone when the image of that guy entered my head. I’m steaming, I ing hate him. She just stared at me and she smiled. 

 

I for one, do not understand how she still can smile when her life's in danger. Some lunatic is after her and she still manages to smile and live her life like nothing is going on. 

 

“Jihyo dropped me off, stupid.” She gave me this mocking look. 

 

“Is that so? Good thing then.” I replied flatly. What was I supposed to say? There wasn’t really anything that we should be talking about, is there? For the next few moments, an awkward silence followed. I felt awful, I didn't know how to break the ice. 

 

I haven’t been alone with her since that night at the bar. I just look up at the sky and bask in the cold evening air. 

 

“I don’t see you at Konkuk that often anymore.” She finally breaks the ice. I turn my gaze to her and to my surprise she’s looking at me, directly. She looked serious. I just gulped, feeling my anxiousness grow as I spent more time with her. 


 

Please stop staring.


 

“What? At the University?” I laugh, I couldn’t hide the nervousness in my voice. She’s staring at me, her gaze, it’s different. She’s different, we’ve become different towards each other. “Uh, well, you know, I’m busy.” I chuckle, looking away.  I couldn’t look at her directly, not this time. 


 

I swear to god, Yoo Jeongyeon. Get it together man. 


 

“Lies.” She mumbled, her voice sounded weak. I couldn’t help but turn my gaze to her. “We used to walk together to school, liar.” she sounded disappointed but I just nod my head, trying to show her that I’m actually listening. 

 

“We did, we just became busy that’s all.” I tried to explain our situation. It’s true, we don’t have that much time. What can I do when working and school work is eating all my time? I can’t possibly walk with her to school that often, can I? 

 

“Maybe.” She replies. “But i just keep getting this feeling.” She finishes her sentence. I just stared at her, her cheeks flushed probably because of the cold night air.  She tucked her loose hair behind her ear.

 

“What?” I ask her, I was genuinely curious with whatever she has in mind. Sometimes I feel as if I couldn’t really ready her anymore. I used to be really good at telling how she felt, but now, it’s different. 


 

Something has changed


 

“I feel like you’re avoiding me.” Says the girl. 

 

I feel myself crumble from the inside, this terrible feeling I’ve had for months now has peaked. I just stare at her, I try not to react. I want to pretend I do not understand what she’s talking about. I’m afraid, I’m just afraid of what’s going to happen next if I show any slight understanding of what she’s saying. I’ve been doing my best to avoid having this conversation, but I guess I have to face this one way or the other. 


 

All of this, it’s making me break inside. 



 

“Have I been avoiding you?” I ask her as I crumple the wax paper that held my non-existent sandwich. I hold on to it, feeling my nails dig into the lower part of my palm. It was slightly painful, my nails digging. But I want it, I want to feel the pain. I deserve it.  “I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about.” I tell her, trying to convince her that I am clueless even though I am clearly not. 

 

Im Nayeon, was seated beside me. There was barely any space between us. Because of this, I keep on looking away. The distance or the lack thereof, made me feel very uncomfortable. It made me feel hot, I hated it. 


 

I can feel her beside me, she’s been quiet after my denial. I hope she just lets this go. 


 

“Do you still remember that night at the bar?” She asks me bluntly. I feel like she’s just cornered me, not giving me any chance to lie. But I’ll lie and deny as long as I can, if that’s the only way for all of this to die down.

 

“Who wouldn’t?” I reply as I stare into her eyes, I just myself getting weaker by the minute. She perked up, her eyes wide. I do not want to break this woman. 

 

“You do?” She sounded hopeful.

 

“Of course, that was the day Jung Minwoo cornered and harassed you.” I lie, feeling this sense of relief.I hope I’ve delivered my stupid swerving game flawlessly. When I replied, I saw it in her eyes that she crumbled, her eyes were hopeful seconds ago. But now? She looked beaten.I knew that what I answered wasn’t what she expected. 

 

“Oh.” I hear her snicker. “That wasn’t what I had in mind but that’s also correct.” She forces a smile. I just looked at her blankly, I felt horrible lying to her. I felt this numbing pain in my chest, it felt awful that I had to play her like this. 

 

“But that’s not why I came to see you tonight.” Says Nayeon. 

 

I froze, she’s never been this assertive before. Though she may come off as childish, she’s sensible most of the time. She knows when to joke around, when to tease you, and when to stop. Tonight, she’s not going to stop. She wants to get to the very bottom of everything. 



 

Maybe it’s time we talk.



 

“Why’d you see me then?” I chuckle, trying to lighten the mood even though there’s no going back. The mood’s been destroyed moments ago. 

 

“Why are you avoiding me, Yoo Jeongyeon?” She asks me blatantly. I just had to breathe and take a step back, she’s being assertive. I’ve never seen this side of her, it frightens me. 

 

“I am not.” I answered her. “What the hell are you talking about?” I asked her, feeling my face becoming increasingly hot. 

 

“What the ?” She snickers, but the kind that I know she’s annoyed. “This is the first time we even talked after that night at the bar and you’re acting like you don’t know ?” She asks me. I just stare at her, my eyes wide and my anxiety levels off the roof.

 

“I really don’t…” I trail off, not really sure why I still keep on denying everything. 

 

“ you, okay? you, you coward.” I just freeze at what she says, not because I was mad or offended, but because tears were already falling off of her eyes. Her cheeks were flushed and I can tell from the looks of it, she’s hurt. I wanted to tell her how I am badly hurting too, but I can’t. I shouldn’t. 


 

I am hurt too. You’re not the only one hurting, Im Nayeon. 


 

“You really think I’d forget that night?” I asked her, I was welling up in emotions and I know I couldn’t hold it any longer. If she thinks she’s the only one suffering, well, she's wrong. “I remember everything, every little detail.” I add. 

 

“How the hell am I supposed to know if you act like you have amnesia, you bird brain.” She spats at me, tears still falling from her face. I just reach for my backpocket and lend her my handkerchief. 

 

I just stare at her as she wipes her tears away, I don’t want to say anything more. It’s as if talking will only make things worse. It’s like putting salt on a freshly opened wound, it’s not a very good idea. 

 

“You really think pretending like I don’t exist will make things better?” She asked me again. 

 

I am guilty. I did try to not recognize her existence after that night at the bar, but can anyone blame me? I was taken aback, I was scared, and most importantly I didn’t know what to do. I was clueless as to how I was supposed to address this, I’ve never had a girl kiss me before. Let alone my best friend kiss me on the lips before. I was terrified. I wish she would just understand. 

 

“You reciprocated everything I did. Stop blaming me because we did this together, you too Im Nayeon.” I finally tell her through gritted teeth. Though I knew cursing her was unnecessary. 

 

She stands up, her fists closed. She’s furious, I can tell. She’s always like this whenever she’s frustrated about something. I hear her sigh, a loud one. I just stare at her, her back is facing me. I do not know what to do. 

 

“Will you at least say something about that night.” She whispers, I was looking down at the concrete floor. I fiddle with my shoes, I have no idea how to put what I feel in words. I just, I’m at expressing what I feel. 

 

“I have thought about that night over and over.” I start, while still standing there, her back facing me. I wished she at least would look at me as I tell her my thoughts, but I guess doing so might make me soft. I do not want that.

 

“Before I sleep, that image would creep up my head.” I tell her honestly, good thing I do not have to look at her. “Every waking moment, I’d wonder how that happened. I always ask myself why I never noticed that you thought of me that way.” I smiled as the truth finally came out of my mouth. 

 

“Maybe you were always that good at hiding what you really feel.” I tell her. I finally decide to stand up, walk up to face her and see that she’s a little more pacified now. I smile at her. 

 

“I do not think admitting your feelings were wrong.” I tell her honestly, because it’s true. That’s a brave thing someone could do. “I was just a little shaken when you kissed me.” I chuckle as I directly look into her eyes. I see her smile, at least now she’s a little calmed down. 

 

“You said many things that I appreciate.” She starts. “But I’ve got only one thing in my mind.” She adds.

 

I just stare at her, I know what she's going to ask next. In all honesty, I do not have the heart to answer that question. I’m just so scared, scared of what might happen if we go there. I look at her and all I feel is tenderness, this lovely feeling that I never thought I could ever feel towards a person. But, there’s just so much at stake. I cannot take the risk. 



 

Please don’t be flippant about what might happen to us. 



 

“Do you feel the same way?” She asks, blatantly. I know, I know she’s not here for bull. She needs answers. The tears in her eyes have now dried up, but I know this night will not end that easily. “Yoo Jeongyeon, I like you. I have, for the longest time now.” She declares, I feel my airways close up. I never knew it would be this intense.

 

“Do you perhaps like me too?” She asks me, for good measure. I just stare at her, my insides frozen because of fear. So many thoughts creep up inside my head, I cannot stand this. 

 

“Im Nayeon.” I call her attention, making her look at me. I just smile at her weakly, one part of me wants to run away and the other part of me is telling me to face whatever it is that’s in front of me. I choose the middle ground of both my thoughts. 

 

“I wish we could just forget everything about that night.” I tell her.

 

She looked calm when I said this, which scared me even more. I do not mind Nayeon crying like a baby. I do not mind her shouting. I do not mind her being childish and a total pain in the . I’m used to her being like a kid now, I’ve endured this much and I’m not flustered at the slightest. But, now that she’s become quiet, I do not know how to react. I feel like I just want to shut down too. I just stared at her, I waited for her to react, but I got nothing. 

 

“Please don’t be like this.” I place my hand on her shoulder. This is the first contact we’ve had in months. I missed her, I do. She’s my best friend, I do not want to lose her. She just looked at me blankly, no tears fell. She just breathed, like a stone. She looked like a statue. She finally stared at me, her eyes were blank. For the first time in years, I couldn’t read her. I couldn’t read Im Nayeon, completely. It made me scared.

 

“I see.” She smiles and then she just nods, I felt this sharp stabbing pain in my chest. I wanted to pull her close and give her the warmest hug, but I do not want to confuse her even more. 

 

She then slowly walked away. This made me confused, what the hell is she doing? What’s going on inside her head? I just observed her and realized that she really is walking away, so of course I ran up to her but not too close. I just stay behind her, looking after her.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” I ask her, still following her closely behind. She’s just walking, like a child that she is. 

 

“Home.” replies flatly. I just nod, I can’t really say anything else. 

 

Our dormitories were close, it didn’t really take us more than fifteen minutes to reach the dorm if we traveled by foot. But that night, walking home felt awful. The walk felt like an eternity, it was all my fault, I know. 

 

Im Nayeon walked like the streets of Seoul were hers, but it was okay. I was there to look after her, I was just behind her. I was ready to protect her at all cost. I felt like for not talking as I trailed behind her, but I felt it was for the best. I just observed her and no words came out of our mouths. The silence was bearable because of the walk, but inside I feel like I’ve been stabbed millions of times. 

 

As we arrived at our dorms, she just kept on going. She went straight in by opening the gate and leaving it wide open. Ofcourse, I see this and I hurriedly run inside their lawn to close the gate. I still see her walking lifelessly across the lawn, and now she’s reached their front door I am afraid that she might leave it wide open as well. So I trail behind her again until she gets inside and as expected, she left the door wide open. I decided to get inside and close the door behind me. 

 

Inside, Sana was in the living room watching the television. She looked surprised. Nayeon just walked straight to her room without a word, closing the door behind her like we didn’t exist. The image made my heart ache. Sana stood up, with a surprised look on her face. She just stared at me. 

 

“Did something happen?” Sana asks me. I just nod my head, not sure how to phrase my concerns to her. 

 

“Well…” I smile at her, wearily. “She’s home now.” I tell her and I just see Sana nod. I turned around and was about to walk to my dorm but remember something. “Check on her for me, will you?” I ask Sana. She just nodded and then I decided to walk back to my dorm. 

 

Walking back to my dorm, it felt like my feet weren’t where they were supposed to be. The walk felt like I wasn’t on earth. As if I was in another realm. I feel my steps have become heavy. I felt heavy, everything just felt heavy and I couldn't stop myself from sighing. I made sure the gate and front door was locked. I went straight to my room and I just plopped on my bed. I feel like ,  I said things that I didn’t mean and I hate the fact that I hurt Im Nayeon of all people. I’m a piece of . That night, I fell asleep crying. 

 

Im Nayeon’s POV 

 

For comfort, all I can do is pull my pillow closer to my body and hug it. It’s sad how I seek comfort from such an inanimate object. Have I sunk this low already? How could I possibly let myself become this low. I don’t just feel stupid,  I feel ashamed. Why the hell did I have to make myself sink lower than I’ve even sunk before? 

 

Every time I try to move, I hear my bedsheets rustle. Though I try to drown out the sound of my sobs by hugging my pillow, it feels like it’s no use. it, I throw my pillow across the room and just curl into a ball. I sigh, what have I done? What’s happening to me? How can I be so careless? 



 

Of all people, why Yoo Jeongyeon? She’s not even that hot for ’s sake. 



 

I sit straight up. I don’t know why but I started to wail, an ugly cry that could’ve possibly been heard inside the dorm. I know, if someone sees me doing this they’d make fun of me. I mean, if I see myself ugly crying I’d laugh at myself too.  But I can’t help it, can I? I mean, this is me. I cry easily. 

 

As I continue to wallow in my comically agonizing sadness, I see my door knob turn and it spat out a comfortable looking Minatozaki Sana. She wore pajamas and her hair was tied. I just stare at her, pouting because apparently that's what sad people do. I just stared, she slid inside my room like the snake that she is. She puts her index finger over and signals me to quiet down. 

 

“What’s going on here?” Sana says in a hushed voice as she closed the door behind her. She had this look on her face that suggested she’s taken aback, her eyes were wide and she held my chin on her hand. She then leaned in and she had this terrified look on her face. “Oh, my god! What happened to your makeup unnie?” She cries with me. I started crying even harder too.

 

“Oh my gosh, and I forgot about the makeup!” I cry hysterically, Sana pouts and pulls me to a hug. I just cry on her shoulders letting myself be vulnerable just for tonight. I am very aware that we both look like we’re in a comical skit right now, but I don’t give a damn anymore. 

 

“I can’t believe I put on makeup just to be dumped!” I announce in a muffled voice. Sana quickly pulls away from me and she had this look on her face, she’s wide-eyed, confused probably. She’s never heard a juicy gossip from me until now, so I understand her reaction.

 

“Dumped?” She asked, she’s holding onto both my arms, she’s looking directly into my eyes. “By who, exactly?” She asks. 

 

I just look at her, my ability to shed tears has faded. I just stared at her, I was too tired to even hide anything anymore. I’m not in the mood to lie ! I sigh and just look down. “Yoo Jeongyeon.” I answer her directly, without any filter. She deserved the truth, she’s my friend.

 

Her grip loosened, and I just pouted. I was ready for all the questions and all the probing she’s going to do. But Sana just hugged me, her hands going in circles on my back. She’s trying to comfort me and that’s all I need right now. 

 

“Unnie…” I hear her gently trail off.

 

“Hmmm?” I respond, my eyes kind of hurt from all the crying. My head is starting to hurt bad too. I just sigh heavily, still holding onto Sana. 

 

“I never thought you were into that stuff.” She said. I didn’t understand her. 

 

“What stuff?” I ask her, almost too comically too.

 

“You know, .” She replies casually that I just had to pull away and start laughing. I stared at her, she can take the tension just like that. She’s that good, that’s her talent. Comforting people. 

 

“Apparently I am.” I laugh. “And I never expected to hurt like this because I’m into girls.” I groan and just plop on my bed. I stared at Sana and she just smiled at me. 

 

“I never knew you had the hots for Jeongyeon unnie.” She starts.

 

“Surprise!” I throw my hands up sarcastically. She gave me this look,  she wants me to be serious. I just sigh, and I feel my heart sink again. “Yeah, I got dumped. It ing hurts. I feel like and I just want to punch myself in the face.” I blabber on.

 

“You know, before you go and abuse yourself…” She trails off.

 

“What?” I interrupt.

 

“It’s the thought that counts, unnie.” She says. I just stare at her, what an odd thing to say.

 

“What is this, gift giving?” I reply almost sarcastically too. This ain’t gift giving, is it? What’s she talking about? 

 

“No.” She chuckles.

 

“Cause you know, my confession isn’t a gift.” I tell her, cause it isn’t. 

 

“What is it then?” She asks back. 

 

“It’s a revelation.” I reply, becoming a lot less bad the more I talk to this angel in front of me. Talking to Sana, it's very therapeutic. 

 

“Are you a prophet or something?” She laughs, like the pabo that she is. I laugh with her, feeling my mood lighten a little. Just a little.

 

“Well, being a prophet is better than being dumped.” I tell her. 

 

She just stared, she’s probably thinking of what to say next. But I guess she just gave up because she just plopped next to me, she then grabbed my arm and hugged it. 

 

“Don’t you think it’s wonderful?” She asked me, still hugging my arm.

 

“What is?” I ask her.

 

“That you’ve finally told her whatever you feel.” She replies. 

 

“I wish I could’ve just tapped my mouth shut.” I tell her the truth. 

 

“You guys are still friends, right?” She asks me.

 

“Well, it sounded like she wants us to stay friends.” I reply. 

 

“Then give her what she wants.” Replies Sana. “Give her what she wants and act like nothing ever happened tonight.” She smiled.

 

“How would that help me?” I ask her. 

 

“Oh, would you stop thinking about what you feel?” She scolds me. “At Least put yourself in her shoes.” Adds the Shiba-inu.

 

“Just treat her like before. Make things less awkward between you two.” Says Sana.  

 

“And forget everything?” I ask.

 

“Would you rather push yourself unto her and lose her in the process…” she trails off.

 

“You make it sound so horrible.” I interrupt. 

 

“Or pretend like nothing happened and you’d get to see her and hang out with you like before.” She continued. 

 

It all finally clicked. 

 

“Unnie, you already did the first step, let Jeongyeon unnie figure out what to do next.” She smiled at me. 

 

That’s when I realized that Sana is right. I don’t have to ask for more, because I’ve always had her. I do not want to lose her and I know she doesn’t want to lose me as well. I smiled back at Sana and hugged her tight.