Promise

Our Own World
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One faithful day, little Taeyeon played outside on her own. Upon running inside the forest near their mansion, Taeyeon found a small old cottage. As a curious child, Taeyeon went inside and followed the narrow hallway. At the end of it, she found a rather beautiful door with “J&C” carved in the middle. She opened the door with her young strength. Once she walked inside, feeling a little bit anxious, she saw how wide the room was.

 

It looked like a living room but there were no furniture, only two boxes like in the middle. Taeyeon looked at amazement at the boxes, thinking something exciting will be inside. She hurriedly run to it and kneeled at the smallest box.

 

Taeyeon opened the box with a smile on her face. As she opened it with delight, she hurriedly scooted away from the box. A child’s cry echoed around the room. Taeyeon was horrified and wanted to run away but at the same time she doesn’t want to leave the baby alone.

 

“It’ll be all right, Taeyeon.” A voice echoed inside Taeyeon’s head. She glanced up and saw a lady in a white coat. She looked like a beautiful doll with her bright brown eyes like Taeyeon.

 

“Umm. . . Who are you?” Taeyeon asked like a little puppy.

 

“How beautiful your eyes are.”

 

Taeyeon saw the sad look at the lady’s face as she said those words. Taeyeon innocence took over her body and tried to hold the lady’s hand. Slowly, the little girl took the mysterious lady in front of her and smiled widely.

 

“You looked exactly like my son!”

 

“Son?”

 

“Your daddy.”

 

Taeyeon took her time to think about what the lady said. Soon enough, she realizes who the lady was.

 

“Grandma Park!” Taeyeon hugged the lady as if she was alive.

 

“I thought you were dead!”

 

“I am.”

 

Taeyeon blinked and looked at her grandmother curiously. The baby cried harder and Taeyeon hid behind Bom. Bom bends down to Taeyeon’s level and cupped her cheeks.

 

“Taeyeon, I have a favor to ask,” Bom said and gained the attention of the little girl. “I want you to protect and take care of that baby.”

 

“Why is that baby so special?”

 

“Because that child have an important role in protecting the peace of the worlds and your role is to be by that baby’s side no matter what.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and went beside the little baby. She looked at the child and the child looked at her back. The baby was somehow comfortable with Taeyeon’s presence.

 

“Why does this baby have blue eyes?” Taeyeon asked Bom.

 

“You know the story of the war?” Bom asked.

 

“The fight of the King and Queen?”

 

“Correct,” Bom smiled. “I’m friends with the Queen and she taught me how beautiful the world is. I fought by her side and we won.”

 

Taeyeon watched her grandmother in amazement. The story of the war always hyped her up and how she wanted to fight to. She didn’t know her family was a big part of the war.

 

“They said that the Queen died, did she really?” Taeyeon innocently asked.

 

“No she didn’t die,”

 

Taeyeon arched her brow and waited for Bom to continue.

 

“I created a spell that will let her live. I wrote a scroll to let her be the Lord of the sky. I wrote her name with her blood without her knowing it but as you know, a great release of power will need a big sacrifice.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter